House Price Crash Forum
Democorruptcy

Black Tuesday?

1. Spain lost their Triple AAA and now the French budget minister has doubts they can hang onto theirs

2. Middle East tension

3. The financially experienced David Laws being replaced by Danny Alexander, who just five years ago was Press Officer for the Cairngorms National Park

4. BP failing to stop their oil leak

5. Any others?

1. Spain lost their Triple AAA and now the French budget minister has doubts they can hang onto theirs

2. Middle East tension

3. The financially experienced David Laws being replaced by Danny Alexander, who just five years ago was Press Officer for the Cairngorms National Park

5. Any others?

Won't happen now!

2. Middle East tension

5. Any others?

Lord Mandelson: 'I expect growth to gather pace during the year and return to normal in 2011-12'.

Not sure about that! It could be black any day soon. Best advice is to cash up - I have already.

. Best advice is to cash up - I have already.

The best advice is to do your own research and ignore the prophets of doom that live on here 24/7.

Surrealism:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/European-markets-flat-despite-apf-4054157027.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=4&asset=&ccode=

PARIS (AP) -- European stock markets traded mostly flat Monday as investors shrugged off more sobering news about shaky government finances
and the pending collapse of the Eurozone
ahead of a busy schedule of U.S. economic data later in the week.
.../
Markets in the U.S. and Britain were closed for public holidays.
In an otherwise quiet session due to the U.K. bank holiday, investors remained focused on Europe's debt crisis. The French parliament is scheduled to go over a revised budget bill today ahead of its expected approval of France's share of the trillion dollar bailout for struggling member states.
German markets shrugged off the surprise resignation of President Horst Koehler.

Italics mine.

I don't see any reason for the FTSE to return to a bull market any time soon.

I'm seriously considering selling all my shares and going 50% metal/silver, 50% US Dollars.

PARIS (AP) -- European stock markets traded mostly flat Monday as investors shrugged off more sobering news about shaky government finances
and the pending collapse of the Eurozone
ahead of a busy schedule of U.S. economic data later in the week.
Have you ever seen such a blasé attitude to armageddon?
:lol:

I suspect that we can safely discount a Black Tuesday until at least next week when those terribly nice and wholly innocent Bilderbergers have finished their four-day meeting that consists of harmless games of tiddlywinks and dominos which, naturally enough, the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5, along with the AP and Reuters news agencies will once again find to be be totally unnewsworthy.

When and where is the 2010 Bilderberg Conference?

I need a confirmation. I have from good sources that the next Bilderberg Conference will be held June 3-6 in Sitges, Spain (a small, exclusive coastal resort town about 20 miles from Barcelona). It follows the early May 2010 meeting of the Trilateral Commission that was held in Dublin.

I didn't get an invite :(

Bstards. I'll start my own group.

2. Middle East tension

5. Any others?

5. War in Korea

3. Laws will be back in offices with a month or two,

2. Middle East tension

5. Any others?

Forget Tuesday..

Thursday promises some real doom.

It is a quadruple Witching day on Thursday (as noted by Pent Up FTBer):

* Bank of England IR decision.

* Halifax HPI

* Nationwide HPI

* Bank of England mortgage lending.

2. Middle East tension

5. Any others?

Black weekdays generally:

The Euro is causing price deflation! See the news string. It seems that Spain, Ireland and others are falling into deflation because they cannot devalue their currency. If that happens then the Euro is deficitely doomed.

I don't see any reason for the FTSE to return to a bull market any time soon.

I'm seriously considering selling all my shares and going 50% metal/silver, 50% US Dollars.

Temporarily USD are better than £ while the fallout happens. Metal will be better than £ once the market collapses. I own no £ and no shares anymore. The AUD is also safer. But Once a real sell off takes place and the USD rises on the pressure of being a 'reserve' currency, get back to the £. Wait for some mining shares to go low. Then they will soar most and along with silver.

5. Any others?

Despite repeated attempts to resolve the issue I have, I am reluctant to admit, been unable to find the other sock from the pair I put in the washing machine earlier.

Guest absolutezero

Despite repeated attempts to resolve the issue I have, I am reluctant to admit, been unable to find the other sock from the pair I put in the washing machine earlier.

Further evidence, if any were needed, of the existence of parallel universes.

The best advice is to do your own research and ignore the prophets of doom that live on here 24/7.

Quite right! However, I am not a prophet of doom, but merely realistic about the current unprecedented mess (in our life times) that we see around us today. I am optimistic that once the pressures that bear down on the world work through, it will all pick up sooner than some may say. We can all look forward to white Friday (after a crash or even a slow descent) and the upswing of the rollercoaster we all share.

2. Middle East tension

5. Any others?

I'd add

5/ Boubts over euro banks bad debts after ecb announcement.

6/ News on china over heating

All in all I think it will be interessting... if the market chucks off that lot and doesn't fall much it'll illustrate for me that beyind the hysterics from time to time its at a pretty solid level.... on balance I think we could still be in reaction land and see further downs this week ( although I do think we'll e some ups as well).. predicting short term movements was never my forte but I'd be surprised if the market rose beyond 5300 this month and not surprised if it finished the month lower than it started it.

Staying level just below the 5200 mark. No significant movements all day.

I think all the real time stock index terminals will be hijacked by a new fast-acting virus and will change to games of pong instead

then free love will break out

Pong.png

I think all the real time stock index terminals will be hijacked by a new fast-acting virus and will change to games of pong instead

then free love will break out

Pong.png

Free love? That would make a change! :rolleyes: