House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Meat Loaf

Land Registry Hpi

Official figures out this week. I have a friend who works at the Land Registry and he says that the market is still absolutly dead and workers at the Land Registry are preparing for more redundancies following on from those announced a few months ago.

Official figures out this week. I have a friend who works at the Land Registry and he says that the market is still absolutly dead and workers at the Land Registry are preparing for more redundancies following on from those announced a few months ago.

Strangely enough, I don't remember the headlines talking about the 0.6% drop in house prices in March.

Not surprised. They live off the fees for registration. The LR has been reporting falling prices in the last few months, whilst the press and rightmove types try to report something else. The fact is the number of mortgage approvals is falling and the sales will fall too. On a backdrop of a surge in homes coming to market it suggests a HPC has already begun. SVR Interest rates were going up last week with lenders. It will NOT stop there. Banks are still in big trouble because of their commercial loans which are well under water. This news is coming soon!!!!!

I am expecting LR falls for another 5 years at least ....

Halifax is negative for last 2 months and it will also stay like this for 5 years ....

I hope that Nationwide will join them this month and stay negative for 5 years ....

I can see about 30% of price reductions on the Right Move (see added for last 24h) in any Essex city every day ....

HPC starts to kick in .... B)

I am expecting LR falls for another 5 years at least ....

I can see about 30% of price reductions on the Right Move (see added for last 24h) in any Essex city every day ....

I can confirm this for Essex. Combined with 25% increase in stock since march. I'm expected negative nationwide too. With further negatives from Halifax/LR.

Should be an interesting week.

Strangely enough, I don't remember the headlines talking about the 0.6% drop in house prices in March.

Land reg has been negative for the last 3 months i believe.

Too right. Who the fack are the Land Registry anyway? I'll stick to Rightmove and the Assetz House Price Watch.

assetz all the way innit! Got my subsription to the daily express too!

On the otherhand, asking price indexes will probably up with the kite flyers coming on post HIPS abolition so the headlines will be all about this... and perhaps London figures for LR as London seems to be holding up for some reason.

Land reg has been negative for the last 3 months i believe.

Nope, just turned negative in March. Check the link in my post - pay particular attention to the sales volumes. The drop since December is astounding when you see it charted out! I know the December spike was down to the stamp duty fraud but volumes were creeping back up. Now they are fast approaching the Jan 2009 bottom and could easily go beyond that if the trend continues, as per the OP. CML says that Feb numbers were slighty up on Jan and March numbers were up on Feb but not significantly up on the previous year (when prices were falling fast remember).

Gross mortgage lending was an estimated £11.5 billion in March, a 24% rise from £9.3 billion in February and a 3% rise from £11.2 billion in March 2009, according to data published today by the Council of Mortgage Lenders. The figures are in line with the typical seasonal pattern of a rise in lending volumes in March.

Gross lending for the first quarter of 2010 was therefore an estimated £29.5 billion, a 24% decline from the fourth quarter of 2009 (£38.9 billion) and a 9% decline from £32.4 billion in the first three months of 2009. This is the lowest quarterly lending total since the first three months of 2000, but is very much in line with our forecast of a gross lending total of £150 billion this year.

The lowest quarterly lending since 2000...

Re-link of LR

CML (the headline is factually correct but more than a little bit misleading!)

Land Registry to shed 200 jobs with Portsmouth closure

The Land Registry office in Portsmouth is set to close next year with the loss of 200 jobs despite a campaign by workers to save it.

The office will shut by 28 February 2011, although 50 staff will be kept on until 31 March 2013.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8573014.stm

17 March 10

This is what's called, inside market information.

Until this decision is reversed - no recovery.

Edited by Money Spinner

Nope, just turned negative in March. Check the link in my post - pay particular attention to the sales volumes. The drop since December is astounding when you see it charted out! I know the December spike was down to the stamp duty fraud but volumes were creeping back up. Now they are fast approaching the Jan 2009 bottom and could easily go beyond that if the trend continues, as per the OP. CML says that Feb numbers were slighty up on Jan and March numbers were up on Feb but not significantly up on the previous year (when prices were falling fast remember).

The lowest quarterly lending since 2000...

Re-link of LR

CML (the headline is factually correct but more than a little bit misleading!)

The febuary figure was -0.1 when it was released must have been revised up.

carry on like that and you wont get invited to any of melanie biens parties.you've been warned.

yes, I have a lot of friends who are in debt or bought a house after 2005 ... do not talk to them about HPC to do not get smacked ...

IMO at least half of them will be bankrupted in 3 years ...

which is why you don't read about it in the media anymore.

It is there, but in very small print on the back, just by the bar code and to the left a bit. You can also see it for a millisecond on BBC news whilst the rightmove or CML or Nationwide or any other org will get a whole day to talk up the market.

Just spoken to my contact and he says if you ignore the south east figures thenthe price rises/transcations are desperately low and he envisages that it will get worse.

:lol:

Just spoken to my contact and he says if you ignore the south east figures thenthe price rises/transcations are desperately low and he envisages that it will get worse.

:lol:

But I live in the South East.

Guest absolutezero

yes, I have a lot of friends who are in debt or bought a house after 2005 ... do not talk to them about HPC to do not get smacked ...

IMO at least half of them will be bankrupted in 3 years ...

Didn't we say that 3 years ago?

Didn't we say that 3 years ago?

Half of them are effectively bankrupt. I'ts just Gordon Brown decided to pay their mortgages for them!

Guest absolutezero

Half of them are effectively bankrupt. I'ts just Gordon Brown decided to pay their mortgages for them!

I'm not convinced the current lot are any different. Not with regard to HPC anyway.