House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Quadruple Witching Thursday.

for those interested we have a busy Thursday for data releases:

* Bank of England IR decision.

* Halifax HPI

* Nationwide HPI

* Bank of England mortgage lending.

Also land registry HPI is out Tuesday. So should be an interesting week. I'm looking forward to some promising figures.

I think the Haliwide figures will show a miraculous rise month on month in house prices.

It certainly wouldn't suprise me. Although I have to say I'm expecting negatives*

*My predictions are purely speculative and therefore have no effect on real future events. Thus the HPC contrarian indicator is not applicable in this instance.

* Halifax HPI

* Nationwide HPI

Also land registry HPI is out Tuesday. So should be an interesting week. I'm looking forward to some promising figures.

They could all be anything. But we all know the market is skewed and totally batty.

* Halifax HPI

* Nationwide HPI

Nationwide and Haliwide out on the same day - isn't that a bit unusual? And both timed to co-incide with BOE IR decision.

Betting that both of these figures are truely terrible anyone?

* Halifax HPI

* Nationwide HPI

Forex is predicting +ve for both indexes and i'll eat my hat if BoE change IR's. Don't know about mortgage lending figures but to the average Joe it matters not one jot.

I suspect the figures will all be slightly positive (seasonally adjusted) but will indicate a weakening of the market.

Forex is predicting +ve for both indexes and i'll eat my hat if BoE change IR's. Don't know about mortgage lending figures but to the average Joe it matters not one jot.

I suspect the figures will all be slightly positive (seasonally adjusted) but will indicate a weakening of the market.

Huh? How does Forex predict house prices over the course of 30 days?

Has Forex accurately predicted house prices over the last 10 years. You have a chart?

what were the exact figures of their predictions?

Is anyone else a bit excited about tomorrow? I am, not sure why as it could turn out to be a depressing day of more rises and more QE!

BOE mortgage approvals were actually today incase anyone missed it. So it's just a triple witching Thursday now.

Fun (hopefully) starts 7:00am with nationwide.

Huh? How does Forex predict house prices over the course of 30 days?

Has Forex accurately predicted house prices over the last 10 years. You have a chart?

Listen, I am not saying they are going to be correct, simply asserting that there is a good possibility that we won't have some major movements in the indices.

For anyone interested:

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php?month=6&year=2010

Nationwide + 0.5

Halifax + 0.3

I'd be happy if these were negative but we'll see.

Edited by MinceBalls

Is anyone else a bit excited about tomorrow? I am, not sure why as it could turn out to be a depressing day of more rises and more QE!

BOE mortgage approvals were actually today incase anyone missed it. So it's just a triple witching Thursday now.

Bumped this thread because I'm interested in the way that the VI's attempt to manipulate the news cycle and was prompted by the HPI hits 8.5% (based on the LR figures) thread.

It seems to me that the aim of the Haliwide is to promote their figures when they show an upward trend hide them when they point down.

So does their mutual co-incidence with BOE decision day hint that they are both pointing downwards now?

Edited by Goat

BoE rate decision is slated for next week, I think.

Just checked - 9th/10th - where's that facepalm photo?

Bang goes that theory then.

Anyone any idea when the Nationwide/Halifax figures actually are out?

Yes, see previous posts. They re scheduled for tomorrow according to forex

Previous posts seem to have been a less than reliable guide.

Don't blame me! It's the council of mortgage lenders key dates calender had mortgage approvals, Halifax and interest rate decision all down for tomorrow. But now it seems they were completley wrong! They've changed Halifax hpi to Friday.

I read about nationwide hpi for Thursday in two seperate newspapers not the cml so maybe it still will be.

Now I look like a liar! I will never trust that site again.

Just a bog standard Thursday now then. Got myself all excited for nothing.

what were the exact figures of their predictions?

i don't think they can do more QE when inflation is as high as it is. and rates will stay the same.

* Halifax HPI

* Nationwide HPI

How many of the four have we had so far? I've seen Nationwide but can't seem to find the others.

I'll spell it out: look at my previous post with external link indicating when the figures are due to be released. I was trying to be helpful because there was a fair bit of misinformation going on.