House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ungeared

The Price Of Luxury

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15277947.html

Seriously for £350,000 would you live in this $hitehole? the garden, bathroom and general appearance tell me that it's not worth £100,000 plus for added good measure you have this on your doorstep

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/10195167.stm

That is f u c k I n g awful! I'm rarely still shocked by house prices anymore. But that is just ridiculous.

Edit: made obscenity legible

Edited by Pent Up FTBer

That is why UK houses are in a huge bubble...

Frankly, if you hav funds and the option is to buy that or emigrate then emigrate... for that money in Florida you will get a pretty hot house with a pool on a golf course...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15277947.html

Seriously for £350,000 would you live in this $hitehole? the garden, bathroom and general appearance tell me that it's not worth £100,000 plus for added good measure you have this on your doorstep

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/10195167.stm

Gawd! That's incredible! I would not give more than £85k for that. It really does not deserve to be more thna 2.5x national av income.

This BALLOoN needs shooting! Paper 'wealth' that is actually destructive.

Edited by plummet expert

Crime figures for 2008/09 in E7 Source

CrimeE7.gif

Nice place for a rich person to hang out. If you want your car nicked, your wallet stolen and your heart ripped out. All yours for only '£350,000'.

I wouldn't live there even if you paid me.

I wouldn't live there even if you paid me.

+1

"Your Move Forest Gate are proud"..

Proud?

Your Move should be ashamed. We should all be ashamed of allowing property to inflate so much and sterling to devalue so much that such a price could be asked for a crap hole like this.

That is unbeleivable.

Must be 1998 , and more than a few people said buy in Stratford, this was to do with Euro star train's meant to be having a terminal there way before there was any mention of the Olympics. So I went along and looked about , 2-3 bed terrace houses with downstaris bathrooms were 85k, one bed starter flat's 50/52k. The place looked like sh-t, ther people looked rough the whole area looked in decay. I just could not put my money in Stratford and the surrounding places like Forest Gate. Looking at the little terrrace houses , I could never imagine them ever going up to a 100k.

How wrong I was what has happened since is just beyound me , those little terrace houses were 100k plus within a few weeks of me looking at them. A few times over the years I have been back to Stratford and the surrounds , the place is still a dump yet the prices just keep rocketing.

Two years back I drove down Katherine road in the day time and was glad to drive back out again.

SOLD 20/10/2003 £213,000 454, Katherine Road, London, Greater London, E7 8NP

So £140,000 for living in that shit hole for 7 years ..... £20,000 per year.

Google Street View

Newham Recorder

POLICE are now appealing for witnesses following the murder of a man in a hail of bullets in Forest Gate yesterday morning. One man, aged 36, was pronounced dead at the scene.
He said: "I am appealing for anyone who was in the Katherine Road area at the time of the shooting to come forward and speak to police.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Frankly, if you hav funds and the option is to buy that or emigrate then emigrate... for that money in Florida you will get a pretty hot house with a pool on a golf course...

You shouldn't get anyone's hopes up! No one can just "move" to Florida or any other US state unless they marry a USC or get a job offer first. The only other way are investor visas like the E2 which require 500k+ or maybe a B2 which allows six months in the US out of every 12. I would only go to the US if I had real money anyway. I know someone in NYC who pays $12,000 property tax every year and $18,000 healthcare every year. Throw in some very expensive utilities and some food and wine and you're looking at maybe $60,000 a year living expenses. I know there are cheaper parts of the US, especially for property taxes, but still, America is getting to be a very expensive place.

Edited by Tecumseh

Made all the more entertaining because the house next door has gone for external metal shutters over the windows. Sure sign of class.

That's the equivalent of about $500k. Imagine what you could buy across the pond for that much. London property prices are obscene.

Absolutely, but a carefully selected part of the US. As I have mentioned somewhere else a friend of mine owns a house in CA and it is now valued at several million dollars and it's very nice but not a palace or anything. But yes, this price is surely a joke?? Australia has outrageous property prices but this is $590,000 AUD and that would buy you a large detached property on a good size plot in a very nice part of most cities (outskirts of course). As for quiet parts of Canada you could probably buy a mansion for this!

Edited by Tecumseh

+1

"Your Move Forest Gate are proud"..

Proud?

Your Move should be ashamed. We should all be ashamed of allowing property to inflate so much and sterling to devalue so much that such a price could be asked for a crap hole like this.

Your Move (in Plymouth) are #1 on my blacklist, since I found myself on what turned out to be a mass viewing of a (very nice) cottage with a tenant in residence. No problem with the property, but with multiple people looking at the same time, any of us could have taken our pick of the tenant's belongings. An agent who does that should be shown to the dole queue.

what the hell is wrong with you people ffs

you only get this for that money in france, granted its a couple a mile away from le mans

p7386350.jpg

i could post and post all day long of properties that aint as much a bargain as forest gate, you people dont know yer born.

and remember property allways goes up for ever and ever and ever and ever amen

what the hell is wrong with you people ffs

you only get this for that money in france, granted its a couple a mile away from le mans

p7386350.jpg

i could post and post all day long of properties that aint as much a bargain as forest gate, you people dont know yer born.

and remember property allways goes up for ever and ever and ever and ever amen

British property prices are going to be annihilated very soon though. Terminated, if you prefer.

What a lovely house! :lol:

I must make plans to move back to London. Oh silly me, on a 3.5 salary mortgage plus my deposit I can't actually afford that house! I suppose there might be some bank that would lend me sufficient multiples to buy it though :unsure:

I'm sure once the Olympics have arrived that house will be a goldmine. After all, didn't Greece host the Olympics in 2004 and saw a huge boost in the economy as a result?

QB

Ummm, its at least 10 times the price of a Florida mansion (2000 sq ft with pool etc etc).

However, you can't live in America, pretty impossible to get residency visa.

Made all the more entertaining because the house next door has gone for external metal shutters over the windows. Sure sign of class.

Nice beemer tho, spin 180 degrees, wonder what trouble those flats cause or how much they are worth.

Is a craphole alright but where did the 'price of luxury' comment come from? I don't see any mention of luxury anywhere in the property details...

Is a craphole alright but where did the 'price of luxury' comment come from? I don't see any mention of luxury anywhere in the property details...

Implied at its price, from a non Londoner.

London is expensive, and even the awful areas look like a joke to those that haven't been unlucky enough to experience living here.

The asking price of that house will get you a studio (bed sit) in a nice, central location, alas.

A mate of mine bought a 2 bedder in May05 for £350k in Pimlico/Belgravia that sold for £550k with 0 pence spending on it..

Sad, but true.

Edit to say sold two weeks ago, and to a US investor. Bought so his daughter can study here and her friend can rent the other room.

Flat is not big!

Edited by pie-eater

SOLD 20/10/2003 £213,000 454, Katherine Road, London, Greater London, E7 8NP

So £140,000 for living in that shit hole for 7 years ..... £20,000 per year.

I'd need more than 20k compensation per year to live there. It's just so depressing, like a dirty rat cage. Just think what a mug you'd feel in 5 years time when these dumps are half price.