House Price Crash Forum

British People Are Greatest Cause For Pessimism

HOLA441

I was struck at how focussed the audience were at whether the paltry £6bn of cuts to government haemorrage would cost jobs. It seems that the brainwashing carried out under NuLab is still effective, in that these people think there's any kind of option other than living within the value of production.

The debate really should have moved on by now; Ireland, for one, moved far more swiftly and as a result the Irish have some appreciation of their peril, and the decisions that may pull them through. The British are still full of the cr@p that says non-jobs are good and we mustn't stifle the recovery.

The audience also seems schizophrenic over the Coalition; before the election the call for the politicions to stop arguing and to get together was always greeted by a huge round of applause. Now they have done that, every question is about how they have policies that don't fully match their manifestos, and how the voters have been betrayed.

Are they retarded or something? The fact is nobody got the mandate to implement their manifesto unaltered, so that's that.

At some point somebody on that panel has got to stop being so deferential to the audience and tell them they are the problem, and the politicions don't tell them the truth because - and doing it in the style of Jack Nicholson would be cool - "you can't handle the truth!".

HOLA442

Good post.

I saw some of this and it was depressing to see Piers Morgan and Alasatair Campbell still squabbling over the Blair decision (and the latter's unelected role in it all) and to listen to the listless Redwood and reactionary Hastings just added to the impression that the UK is stuck in some kind of collective delusional torpor.

HOLA443

I was struck at how focussed the audience were at whether the paltry £6bn of cuts to government haemorrage would cost jobs. It seems that the brainwashing carried out under NuLab is still effective, in that these people think there's any kind of option other than living within the value of production.

The debate really should have moved on by now; Ireland, for one, moved far more swiftly and as a result the Irish have some appreciation of their peril, and the decisions that may pull them through. The British are still full of the cr@p that says non-jobs are good and we mustn't stifle the recovery.

The audience also seems schizophrenic over the Coalition; before the election the call for the politicions to stop arguing and to get together was always greeted by a huge round of applause. Now they have done that, every question is about how they have policies that don't fully match their manifestos, and how the voters have been betrayed.

Are they retarded or something? The fact is nobody got the mandate to implement their manifesto unaltered, so that's that.

At some point somebody on that panel has got to stop being so deferential to the audience and tell them they are the problem, and the politicions don't tell them the truth because - and doing it in the style of Jack Nicholson would be cool - "you can't handle the truth!".

Up and down the land, a lot of movers and shakers are thinking along the same lines.

Eventually, they will band together and appoint a dictator type in self defence against the mobs predations of their interests.

And it will work just as well as the last three thousand times it's been tried.

HOLA444

Up and down the land, a lot of movers and shakers are thinking along the same lines.

Eventually, they will band together and appoint a dictator type in self defence against the mobs predations of their interests.

And it will work just as well as the last three thousand times it's been tried.

Well I guess the "movers and shakers" have only themselves to blame; they wanted a herd unable to think for themselves and now they have it.

I'd prefer some effort to communicate properly with people and see if they can work it out, myself, but maybe what you say will happen. Then again with the condition of people now it doesn't really require guns, just a soundbite.

HOLA445

I agree. If spending was the answer to keeping jobs and creating wealth, then why don't we just borrow and spend more? Why pay off ther national debt attal. Let's just wait for growth to make more tax receipts and it will all pay itself off won't it? B..l.c.s. We will refused the finance in the money markets because we cannot afford it, unless we have a huge cut in spending, however painful. The public sector mostly produces no wealth and will not be there atall unless we reduce it and have the private sector flourish. The Euro answer to countries having insufficient money to service their debts has been to lend them more. It's likely this will not work for some of them as they have borrowed beyond all common sense.

HOLA446

Well I guess the "movers and shakers" have only themselves to blame; they wanted a herd unable to think for themselves and now they have it.

Fraid so. They thought they could have the benefits of a self motivated, intelligent and well informed population without the self motivation, intelligence or information.

Oops.

I'd prefer some effort to communicate properly with people and see if they can work it out, myself, but maybe what you say will happen. Then again with the condition of people now it doesn't really require guns, just a soundbite.

Too expenseive, they'll just wave guns around.

Cut benefits, up the level of force on those who can't cope once they have been cut, cut services, up the level of force on those who can't cope once they have been cut.

So much easier than actual problem solving.

Edited by Injin

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest tbatst2000

'Movers and shakers' is one of those phrases that really annoys me for some reason. I seems to come from a really lame poem by Arthur O'Shaughnessy, the relevant extract of which being:

WE are the music-makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams;

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

It reads like the sort of thing a love-sick 6th-former would write to me, but maybe I'm missing something. The full thing is here.

Edited by tbatst2000

HOLA449

Over recent years they have made/encouraged people not to better themselves or expand to use their intellect...paid them to keep them down, passive and quiet...if they take it away now all hell will break loose.....the losers will never win...the losers have never be given the chance or opportunity to win. ;)

Edited by winkie

HOLA4410

'Movers and shakers' is one of those phrases that really annoys me for some reason. I seems to come from a really lame poem by Arthur O'Shaughnessy, the relevant extract of which being:

WE are the music-makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams;

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

It reads like the sort of thing a love-sick 6th-former would write to me, but maybe I'm missing something. The full thing is here.

Another Willie Wonka line, what a literate film that was.

I only found out (from here) that "So shines a good deed in a weary world" was from the Merchant of Venice.

HOLA4411

I'm not sure a reluctance to enter the slaughterhouse is proof of stupidity. Surely it's obvious that people will resist any downgrade of their position- wouldn't you?

The problem is that until yesterday it suited both the bankers and the politicians to peddle the idea that prosperity could be borrowed into existence and debt was good.

Now, suddenly, debt is bad, prosperity has vanished and it's austerity as far into the future as anyone can see. It's one hell of a big ask to expect decades of social conditioning to turn on a dime- especially when those who are seen to have created the problem are partying on like it's 2006.

HOLA4412

I'm not sure a reluctance to enter the slaughterhouse is proof of stupidity. Surely it's obvious that people will resist any downgrade of their position- wouldn't you?

The problem is that until yesterday it suited both the bankers and the politicians to peddle the idea that prosperity could be borrowed into existence and debt was good.

Now, suddenly, debt is bad, prosperity has vanished and it's austerity as far into the future as anyone can see. It's one hell of a big ask to expect decades of social conditioning to turn on a dime- especially when those who are seen to have created the problem are partying on like it's 2006.

They already entered the slaughterhouse when they took out the debt.

(Or that's what the conmen abd fellow travellers who created that impression will be along to tell you shortly will say.)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

13+ years of NuLabour brainwashing has done the job very sucessfully.

Even this morning Radio 5 had some dreadful woman presenter interviewing Wilfred Emmanuel-Jones (The Black Farmer) who stood for election as a MP for the Conservative party (lost out to the LibDems). You could hear in the tone of her questions and attitude that she was really struggling to understand how/why anyone (other than an 'evil' posh boy) could ever even consider joining the 'nasty' party, the fact that he is black and from a poor background seems also to mess with her brainwashed lttle mind - I forget his response but he was pretty good at trying to get across a more rational description about what the Tories stand for.

But like many of my friends, the very mention of anything that the Guardian disagrees with seems to fill them with some kind of horror, they just dont quite understand what an mess Labour made of everything.

HOLA4416

I haven't watched the program, but can understand this posters point of view. After living in the USA for a decade it’s very clear the populace of Britain has been living off delusions of grandeur for more than a century. Send her victorious, happy and glorious. Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves of debt. The problem starts right at the top with the ultimate 'non-job', our leaching, corrupt, monarchy, and is carefully filtered down to through the Civil List, then the middle class, before it lands on the chav living on benefits in a council estate. The City of London supported the delusion with a credit-fueled "economic miracle" - the real miracle is that the UK has managed to stack up private and public debs equal of 480% GDP without the markets singing Greece is the Word on Threadneedle Street. That time is about to arrive, and will be accelerated by the media if they show how Britons are turning a blind-eye to their responsibilities. Make no mistake the problem in Britain is Britons.

When I visit the UK I see a serious lack of respect for the situation that Britons face. Instead, the whole country is obsessed with the perpetuation of house price inflation, consumption, and continued spending on government non-jobs. The sad part is, essential services like the NHS and education, will get caught up in the coming maelstrom of cuts. Economists know Keynesian stimulation is not the solution to a global debt crisis since everyone can't be a net borrower and notions of printing money to devalue the debt is the stuff of world wars. Here in the USA, TV commentators (you can't call them journalists) are arguing for a Buy American campaign and it's starting to take hold with the Tea Party who represent the ignorant far right-wing of Americanism. This will not change anytime soon, and could be the start of trade wars. Similar calls for buy British are, of course, laughable when you consider how little the UK makes by comparison with say Germany or Finland. The UK is a sham country, founded on sham ideals promulgated by the political class, and self proclaimed 'middle' and 'upper' classes. The sad part is the working class will bear the brunt of British mercantilism.

Britons must quickly accept responsibility for their debts - if they don't, then the UK should be downgraded to ‘A-‘ status to reflect the appalling debt ratios. If you are wondering why A- then consider this, China is A-. The irony is beautiful; in Alice in Wonderland the lender has a lower credit rating than the gluttonous borrower. Clearly, the west plays games with ratings and the likes of Fitch are manipulated, dishonest, or delusional - I find it hard to imagine it's anything other than manipulation. The downgrade means bonds and gilts should be forced to rise dramatically making mortgages more expensive - perhaps then there will be equity amongst the ages. What amazes me most is the problem for Britain is, at heart, speculative house price ramping in the UK and Britchav tourist destinations like Spain and Portugal. The truth is Britons are guilty of greed and corruption on a global catastrophe scale with huge inter-generational transfer of wealth. Britain is Orwell's pig nation and some of xenophobic nonsense in the UK press who refer to the PIGS nations needs to be put into perspective. Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain have lower total debts than the UK. There is also good reason to think much of the problem in Spain and Portugal was driven from the UK where chavs became property millionaires, and were then encouraged to use equity withdrawal loans to buy property in the sun. Poor old Spain gets a property ponzi-boom, and hundreds of thousands of chavs. There’s a show online called House Hunters International which all should watch – it makes us cringe watching the pudgy, ‘eeer cor blimey’s’ dressed like yobs being shown around Spanish villas by the lovely Spanish hosts. The issue is not that brits are bad – it’s that Britain’s class system has created a rotten cultural environment for the working class, some of whom are lost when presented with a fantastic red wine and plate of prosciutto. Instead they seek comfort in the Costas surrounded by ‘egg and bacon’ and ‘fish and chip’ shops. If Clegg and Cameron are to tackle the big issues then the biggest of all is to dismantle the class system, starting with the leeches on the civil list. The next step is to build Britons cultural system off the creation of wealth, not the management of others peoples wealth for a fee. That’s the model in Germany and Scandinavia – which I am starting to think are the worlds greatest countries – and to some degree the USA.

Sadly I don’t have much hope for us all.

HOLA4417

Sorry but what have the questions got to do with the audience, Question time has no merit since a couple of weeks ago it came to light that the audience are handed a printed question to ask.

They could say that the question was from another member of the audience, if that is the case why is that person not asking the question.

This program is just a mouthpiece for the BBC's agenda.

HOLA4418

I saw some of this and it was depressing to see Piers Morgan and Alasatair Campbell still squabbling over the Blair decision

Piers Morgan and Alastair Campbell need to be removed from the media. Morgan published fake pictures in the Mirror and is totally discredited. Campbell was responsible for the death of Dr David Kelly and is also guilty of treason for what he's subjected the British people to.

HOLA4419

Sorry but what have the questions got to do with the audience, Question time has no merit since a couple of weeks ago it came to light that the audience are handed a printed question to ask.

They could say that the question was from another member of the audience, if that is the case why is that person not asking the question.

it'll be self-selected anti-govt types - most sensible people are happy with the election outcome, the only people who will bother attending Question Time now will be thsoe dissapointed in the new staus quo

HOLA4420

I haven't watched the program, but can understand this posters point of view. After living in the USA for a decade it’s very clear the populace of Britain has been living off delusions of grandeur for more than a century. Send her victorious, happy and glorious. Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves of debt. The problem starts right at the top with the ultimate 'non-job', our leaching, corrupt, monarchy, and is carefully filtered down to through the Civil List, then the middle class, before it lands on the chav living on benefits in a council estate. The City of London supported the delusion with a credit-fueled "economic miracle" - the real miracle is that the UK has managed to stack up private and public debs equal of 480% GDP without the markets singing Greece is the Word on Threadneedle Street. That time is about to arrive, and will be accelerated by the media if they show how Britons are turning a blind-eye to their responsibilities. Make no mistake the problem in Britain is Britons.

Amen

HOLA4421

When I visit the UK I see a serious lack of respect for the situation that Britons face. Instead, the whole country is obsessed with the perpetuation of house price inflation, consumption, and continued spending on government non-jobs. The sad part is, essential services like the NHS and education, will get caught up in the coming maelstrom of cuts. Economists know Keynesian stimulation is not the solution to a global debt crisis since everyone can't be a net borrower and notions of printing money to devalue the debt is the stuff of world wars. Here in the USA, TV commentators (you can't call them journalists) are arguing for a Buy American campaign and it's starting to take hold with the Tea Party who represent the ignorant far right-wing of Americanism. This will not change anytime soon, and could be the start of trade wars. Similar calls for buy British are, of course, laughable when you consider how little the UK makes by comparison with say Germany or Finland. The UK is a sham country, founded on sham ideals promulgated by the political class, and self proclaimed 'middle' and 'upper' classes. The sad part is the working class will bear the brunt of British mercantilism.

Britons must quickly accept responsibility for their debts - if they don't, then the UK should be downgraded to ‘A-‘ status to reflect the appalling debt ratios. If you are wondering why A- then consider this, China is A-. The irony is beautiful; in Alice in Wonderland the lender has a lower credit rating than the gluttonous borrower. Clearly, the west plays games with ratings and the likes of Fitch are manipulated, dishonest, or delusional - I find it hard to imagine it's anything other than manipulation. The downgrade means bonds and gilts should be forced to rise dramatically making mortgages more expensive - perhaps then there will be equity amongst the ages. What amazes me most is the problem for Britain is, at heart, speculative house price ramping in the UK and Britchav tourist destinations like Spain and Portugal. The truth is Britons are guilty of greed and corruption on a global catastrophe scale with huge inter-generational transfer of wealth. Britain is Orwell's pig nation and some of xenophobic nonsense in the UK press who refer to the PIGS nations needs to be put into perspective. Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain have lower total debts than the UK. There is also good reason to think much of the problem in Spain and Portugal was driven from the UK where chavs became property millionaires, and were then encouraged to use equity withdrawal loans to buy property in the sun. Poor old Spain gets a property ponzi-boom, and hundreds of thousands of chavs. There’s a show online called House Hunters International which all should watch – it makes us cringe watching the pudgy, ‘eeer cor blimey’s’ dressed like yobs being shown around Spanish villas by the lovely Spanish hosts. The issue is not that brits are bad – it’s that Britain’s class system has created a rotten cultural environment for the working class, some of whom are lost when presented with a fantastic red wine and plate of prosciutto. Instead they seek comfort in the Costas surrounded by ‘egg and bacon’ and ‘fish and chip’ shops. If Clegg and Cameron are to tackle the big issues then the biggest of all is to dismantle the class system, starting with the leeches on the civil list. The next step is to build Britons cultural system off the creation of wealth, not the management of others peoples wealth for a fee. That’s the model in Germany and Scandinavia – which I am starting to think are the worlds greatest countries – and to some degree the USA.

Sadly I don’t have much hope for us all.

Ohh...the class hatred...its apoplectic! I don't neccesarily disagree with all the points in your post, but don't you think that

you kind of miss the point with the opprobrium you heap on ordinary people..they (we) are actually pretty powerless as

individuals, do you not think that blame would be more fairly apportioned by placing it quite a lot further up the food chain?

EDIT...actually on second reading you do put blame further up the chain too...you're obviously

very p*ssed off!

Edited by Lucifer

HOLA4422

"your newly printed banknotes are no good here Sir"

"I had trouble with retarted sheeple once Sir, and I er, corrected them, yes, corrected them Sir"

"and I recommend that you correct them too, do you get my drift Sir"

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Exactly, when you hear the line "democracy in action" during the intro that is the sign that you are being switched to brainwash mode. people just need to start turning the f*ucking telly off and keeping it off.

HOLA4425

it'll be self-selected anti-govt types - most sensible people are happy with the election outcome, the only people who will bother attending Question Time now will be thsoe dissapointed in the new staus quo

...it's Labour rent a mob ...can you imagine the Labour Party in a coalition ...and yet Brown was promising PR ...would he have compromised for the greater good ..?....think not ...didn't do it within Labour ... :rolleyes: