House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Germany Wins Eurovision;merkel,ecb,greece Pleased.

a nice transparent voting system is all you need.

do we know what proportion of Greeks voted for Germany & vice versa? Or is this new & professional voting system less transparent than the previous block voting?

EDIT: looks like Germany gave Greece 8 points, Greece gave Germany only 2. :lol:

http://www.eurovision.tv/event/scoreboard?event=1493

Oh sorry, I thought this was another David Laws is a very nice man thread.

were the professional judges the collective production staff for David Hasselhoff?

nice bit of MOR german power pop (I imagine)

I thought this was a very positive result all round. It was imho certainly the best song and more importantly showed germans are as capable (if not more so) of being refreshingly fun / quirky as any of the club-med nations (who by contrast still seem largely locked in 90s club trance). Great PR for a country that is always painted (unfairly) as austerity central.

Apparently the tune broke all download records, so it's clearly a grass-roots thing

A far cry from "she's posing for consumer titles now and again / now she's a big success maybe I'll see her again".

You have no idea how big this is in Germany.

Just look at each of the countries announcers during the scoring, most are in front of a blue screen while the German announcer is a national star with hundreds of thousands of people partying behind him. It was obvious that Lena was going to do well after she won a talent show/reality television thing a few months ago on German TV.

It would be interesting to see the actual phone in voting data :ph34r: