House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Robbie Williams Waves Goodbye To His £7.5M Mansion ...and The Little Green Men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1282479/Robbie-Williams-waves-goodbye-7-5m-mansion--little-green-men.html

When Robbie Williams splashed out £8.1million last year on a seven-bedroom country mansion, the purchase was said to have been inspired by his fascination for extraterrestrial life.

But now the former Take That star is selling it at a £600,000 loss after apparently failing to spot any little green men.

Compton Bassett House, which has its own helicopter hangar, is one of Wiltshire’s grandest privately owned properties. But when Williams bought it, it was claimed that what really attracted him to the area was the reported presence of ley lines.

Still if you can spot a UFO property prices only ever go up.

...the singer has now put the mansion on the market for £7.5million

So that'll be a £600k loss if he gets full asking price. He'll lose a million if he has to accept 5% below. Not a bad one-year return.

I would imagine that the market for those types of house is so thin, with so few potential buyers, that they're almost impossible to value. Probably most of the people in the market for buying that sort of thing would be using some kind of 'search consultant' or whatever... I'd imagine that being patient, and waiting to get a few bids in, might reap rewards.

So that'll be a £600k loss if he gets full asking price. He'll lose a million if he has to accept 5% below. Not a bad one-year return.

I would imagine that the market for those types of house is so thin, with so few potential buyers, that they're almost impossible to value. Probably most of the people in the market for buying that sort of thing would be using some kind of 'search consultant' or whatever... I'd imagine that being patient, and waiting to get a few bids in, might reap rewards.

I've heard there are a lot of rich Greeks with money to invest over here.

What's he worth? £75 million? I'm sure he's crying himself to sleep over this.

He knocks out one barely popular song and recoups this overnight.

Actually, you need to have a major hit to make 1M from music these days, but you're right that it seems unlikely he'll even notice the loss.

+ the £324,000 stamp duty he paid , plus any selling fees .

Actually, you need to have a major hit to make 1M from music these days, but you're right that it seems unlikely he'll even notice the loss.

He struck a big deal years ago and famously announced he was "rich beyond my wildest dreams". But I guess the deal was contingent on future sales. His greatest success had come with a songwriter who got ditched soon after in an argument about money. If he counted the wealth before it turned up in his bank account, his dreams probably got trod upon ... and not softly.

Edited by okaycuckoo

Instead of wasting that sort of money on a useless overhyped cretin like that they could have spent it on a wide range of real musicians who could have invested that money wisely on a decent home. Why anyone thought he was worth 80 big ones I'll never know but I guess it was a very mad decade indeed.

It's certainly not one of wiltshires grandest privately owned properties, in fact I seem to rembember that its a revamped stable block. I also suspect he bought it off a developer so it wouldn't surprise if 20% at least of the initial purchase price wasn't effectively development profit.

The real story here is that the old "new build or heavilly revamped" price rip off hits all sorts of pockets.... these things are rarely worht what you pay and in most cases you buy and then find even two to three years down the track in a rising market that they are still not worth what you paid..... in an iffy market, buy new build and effectively you are buying your own private HPC as well.... maybe good value for all thoise who have wanted to see a 20% fall with their own eyes.