House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the coming storm

Ordinary Workers Would Be Sacked In A Second!

Ordinary workers would be fired in second if they screwed up as much as the bankers

A good article making the point with all that is wrong with world these days - the pressure is always on those at the bottom on the lowest wages - yet that despite that most have no respect for other people just like us earning a wage like us- we only respect those who earn more than us because our culture brainwashes to believe that were all going to millionaires someday- it seems more and more every day our entire culture revolves around greed and envy - rewarding those that earn too much and don't play fair, while crushing and condeming to life of serfdom those who choose to be human and play by the rules- not a career obsessed, money hungry asshole, who will do anything to achieve objectives.

For example a typical workplace, how many people have you seen who are aggressive assholes to people below them, but once placed in front of their bosses turn into grovelling dogs.

Ordinary workers would be fired in second if they screwed up as much as the bankers

A good article making the point with all that is wrong with world these days - the pressure is always on those at the bottom on the lowest wages - yet that despite that most have no respect for other people just like us earning a wage like us- we only respect those who earn more than us because our culture brainwashes to believe that were all going to millionaires someday- it seems more and more every day our entire culture revolves around greed and envy - rewarding those that earn too much and don't play fair, while crushing and condeming to life of serfdom those who choose to be human and play by the rules- not a career obsessed, money hungry asshole, who will do anything to achieve objectives.

For example a typical workplace, how many people have you seen who are aggressive assholes to people below them, but once placed in front of their bosses turn into grovelling dogs.

Absolutely. Mistakes are not accepted at lower levels of the workforce. Even in other industries at higher levels ineptitude the likes of the bankers would get you the sack. They should have been taken out and shot or at least had their assets seized.

Absolutely. Mistakes are not accepted at lower levels of the workforce. Even in other industries at higher levels ineptitude the likes of the bankers would get you the sack. They should have been taken out and shot or at least had their assets seized.

Taking the bankers is an obvious example of being paid too much, and c*cking up, but It goes much deeper than that, how many organisations have you worked where it seems to musical chairs at the top, where we have managers and just moved around from leadership to position to leadership position - most of these people are only interested in focusing on moving to another position, and just maintaining their salary and benefits, their contribution is at best hard to define, and don't stay too long before they move on to their next jon. Where we have a clique of top managers only interested in maintaining their status and salary.

Yet I often listen to people at much lower levels - worried about wether the company is doing well, or constantly stressing about their little piece of work - what they don't understand is that their bosses have not got anyone's interests at heart only themselves - and if you were to drop dead at your desk the only thing they would worry about is the paperwork.

I mean a lower level employee, could be pulled up about small mistakes, yet we often see managers earning much higher salaries - who effectively hide away from making decisions, doing any real work , where the contribution is hard to define- now I would expect them work in their self interest - but why are their bosses not picking up on this, and putting them under the same scrutiny that a lower level employee would get - this the problem with corporate life - there is an unfairness at the heart of it, some people are scrutinised to death, and others get away with murder.

Taking the bankers is an obvious example of being paid too much, and c*cking up, but It goes much deeper than that, how many organisations have you worked where it seems to musical chairs at the top, where we have managers and just moved around from leadership to position to leadership position - most of these people are only interested in focusing on moving to another position, and just maintaining their salary and benefits, their contribution is at best hard to define, and don't stay too long before they move on to their next jon. Where we have a clique of top managers only interested in maintaining their status and salary.

Yet I often listen to people at much lower levels - worried about wether the company is doing well, or constantly stressing about their little piece of work - what they don't understand is that their bosses have not got anyone's interests at heart only themselves - and if you were to drop dead at your desk the only thing they would worry about is the paperwork.

I mean a lower level employee, could be pulled up about small mistakes, yet we often see managers earning much higher salaries - who effectively hide away from making decisions, doing any real work , where the contribution is hard to define- now I would expect them work in their self interest - but why are their bosses not picking up on this, and putting them under the same scrutiny that a lower level employee would get - this the problem with corporate life - there is an unfairness at the heart of it, some people are scrutinised to death, and others get away with murder.

That's corporate life for you, I would say however employees have stopped worring at least in my experience of the performance of the company or at least in my time stopped doing so they became so much more mercenary, I remember the city centre manchester thing where the bosses got out of hand and the bullying got out of control when the strong parter Keith retired. They lost droves and droves of staff.

The problem is the economy changed and it is impossible to just jump like this as previously.

I've said it plenty of times but to get to the top you need to be absolutely ruthless, I help people less these days because of ruthlessness, quite recently for instance I did 2 days of photoshop work for a charity, I usually charge a few quid a day as I am more a hobbyist, but then didn't even say thank you after I did it free for them. I'm not likely to do this again for them or any charity for that matter.

While when I sold all my bike spares and gave it to the air ambulance one of their reps came round to shake my hand.

I've said it plenty of times but to get to the top you need to be absolutely ruthless, I help people less these days because of ruthlessness, quite recently for instance I did 2 days of photoshop work for a charity, I usually charge a few quid a day as I am more a hobbyist, but then didn't even say thank you after I did it free for them. I'm not likely to do this again for them or any charity for that matter.

While when I sold all my bike spares and gave it to the air ambulance one of their reps came round to shake my hand.

It's true, it doesn't take a lot to be grateful, especially if someone is putting themselves out for them.

They may say 'It's tough at the top', it's much, much tougher at the bottom. Too often arrogance and self-importance trumps 'niceness' and actual endeavour.

The musical chairs comment earlier is true. At the very top just how many who have totally screwed up end up in similar positions elsewhere - in spite of the evident incompetence?

That's corporate life for you, I would say however employees have stopped worring at least in my experience of the performance of the company or at least in my time stopped doing so they became so much more mercenary, I remember the city centre manchester thing where the bosses got out of hand and the bullying got out of control when the strong parter Keith retired. They lost droves and droves of staff.

The problem is the economy changed and it is impossible to just jump like this as previously.

Yeah I see it more and more everyday - maybe your better off just being ruthless at work, and being selfish and stop trying to be nice, and agreeable, and this crap about working together as team, and accept the reality of corporate life, and just make enemies and deal with it - ultimately you get more respect... but then if you are too ruthless and make enemies with your bosses then, they can get rid of you.

I don't have a problem aggressive bosses, the problem becomes when you get aggressive back to them then your days are numbered.

I would love to be a corporate boss, you have no responsibility and if you do bad you get another job with ease.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/business/s/2816_parttime_is_profitable_for_exrailtrack_boss

Mr Corbett will take the part-time role after handing over day-to-day running of the business to new chief executive Trevor Bish-Jones in May.

The salary and level of commitment is more than Woolworths forecast at the time of its demerger from B&Q-to-Comet owners Kingfisher in August.

He had been expected to work one day a week for £75,000 when he made the planned switch from full-time executive chairman.

A spokeswoman said Mr Corbett's efforts liaising with shareholders and City institutions would enable Mr Bish-Jones to focus on increasing the profitability of the company's high street stores.

Woolworths, which has a branch in Broad Street, Reading, has already issued two profits warnings since being spun out of Kingfisher and failed to match the festive performances of high street rivals as like-for-like sales dipped 3.5 per cent in the nine weeks to January 5.

Despite the sales problems, Mr Corbett has seen the company's share price rise from a starting point of 33.75p to today's price of 41.5p.

He has also cleared £200 million of debt.

Woolworths announced on Friday that Mr Corbett had waived his right to a bonus because some of the company's 800 store managers were unlikely to get payouts after festive sales failed to hit targets.

Mr Corbett's contract included the right to a discretionary annual bonus of up to 50 per cent of his £375,000 full-time salary.

The decision to waive the payment was taken at a board meeting last Tuesday.

Mr Corbett sparked controversy last year after he received £1.3 million at the end of his spell as Railtrack chief executive.

Once your on the corporate gravy you cannot possible fail.

Results don't matter nothing is never your fault.