House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boom Boom

Simon Heffer Ripping Of My Thread Titles?

Guest sillybear2

As long as he isn't ripping off your ideology, do you want to hunt useless eaters too?

"Excessively taxing people's thrift, enterprise and hard work is not only morally offensive"

The "hard work" of unearned gains, and the zero-sum game of hoping to sell a pile of bricks to a younger person at an inflated price then acting as a monopolistic rent seeking parasite in the meantime?!? Now that's morally offensive! This is nothing to do with enterprise, they're only planning to tax non-business assets and if he's so interested in new enterprise and capital formation then why not invest in venture capital trusts that enjoy all the tax breaks he approves of?

"I know we have a hideous deficit that we have to reduce, and shocking levels of debt that must be repaid. There are ways to do that"

Like not introducing the £10k allowance and dumping the liability on the poor? The same people who have to pay the price of those capital gains yet see non of the upside. I guess he approves of regressive VAT rises too.

Guest sillybear2

Hmmm!

Has anyone ever seen Boom Boom and Simon Heffer in the same room at the same time?

Heffer is so pompous and prejudice he'd clear a room pretty quickly anyway, nobody likes the stench of an odious pr1ck.

Which bit do you think he has nicked? 'Politics of envy?' That expression is as old as the hills.

Simon Heffer is the main reason why I have just decided not to buy the Telegraph again. I only buy one paper a week and generally buy the Telegraph because I don't like tabloids and I like (I don't know why) reading Honest John in the motoring section.

Maybe it's time for the Independent.

I'm wondering how long it will take for Simon Heffer to REALIZE - as opposed to 'know' - that there is no mainstream political party in this country that represents his right-wing views.

And that, as has long been the case, a political party that relies on the wealthiest for support and which, in return, favours the wealthiest in its policies, has ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of ever gaining power.

The last conservative government gained power after the most monumental feck up by Labour.

This new government - isn't conservative (have you noticed that Mr. Heffer?) - and, after a feck up that makes the late 70s look like a minor blip, relies on Liberal support to keep it in power.

Mr. Heffer - the 17th century is over.

Guest sillybear2

Mr. Heffer - the 17th century is over.

It is? :-

"It was very wise of the judge in the case of Peter Harvey, the teacher so provoked by a pupil that he hit him with a metal weight, to refuse to send him to prison. It was far less wise of the governors of Mr Harvey’s school to dismiss him outright. [...] He has been treated with a shocking lack of compassion by a so-called Christian school. I hope he appeals against this further punishment, and I hope he wins."

Truly an outrage, everyone knows a bit of attempted murder is the only way to properly enforce discipline, especially in state schools, they are exclusively full of poor people who take great delight in randomly killing each other anyway, especially the yardie black types. The only way a clueless teacher can regain control of his class is to bludgeon the unruly pupil with a 10kg weight to the skull, thus rendering him silent, just like the good old days. Just another reason why the CGT changes are an affort to social justice, if one cannot afford the fee's for a good school then Tarquin may be forced endure these zoo's, then he'd pick up a yardie accent like all young people these days. Do you get me? No I jolly well don't, blood!

Truly an outrage, everyone knows a bit of attempted murder is the only way to properly enforce discipline, especially in state schools, they are exclusively full of poor people who take great delight in randomly killing each other anyway, especially the yardie black types. The only way a clueless teacher can regain control of his class is to bludgeon the unruly pupil with a 10kg weight to the skull, thus rendering him silent, just like the good old days.

What happened in that classroom was inevitable.

If you put ANYONE in a situation where they cannot legally control another person but are legally responsible for their behavior and welfare, ultimately one side can take advantage of tat to do what they want without consequence. Eventually the person in responsibility will snap.

In this case, one of the children was recording the teacher on a video camera while another mentally and verbally abused the teacher in an attempt to get the teacher to re-act so they could put the video on youtube.

The little brat hit with the weight got what he deserved. It's just a pity the teacher wasn't able to hit the brat with the camera too.

The way the children behaved was so morally repugnant as to make them unfit to ever be part of society.

Guest sillybear2

What happened in that classroom was inevitable.

If you put ANYONE in a situation where they cannot legally control another person but are legally responsible for their behavior and welfare, ultimately one side can take advantage of tat to do what they want without consequence. Eventually the person in responsibility will snap.

In this case, one of the children was recording the teacher on a video camera while another mentally and verbally abused the teacher in an attempt to get the teacher to re-act so they could put the video on youtube.

The little brat hit with the weight got what he deserved. It's just a pity the teacher wasn't able to hit the brat with the camera too.

The way the children behaved was so morally repugnant as to make them unfit to ever be part of society.

So confiscate the camera and send them both outside or to the head masters office, move them to another group, there's methods for controlling people, if he wasn't even capable of doing that then he was a useless teacher and shouldn't even be in the 'profession', anyone with an ounce of common sense wouldn't let matters get that far. Going postal solves nothing, he could have quite easily hurt other children in such a deranged state.

Has anyone read this misinformed article?

We should remember CGT was brought in for the UK in 1965 by James Callaghan, to prevent people having their income appear as untaxed gains only. Now, you either need that tax or a mechanism which prevents this sleight of hand evasion. Although it is claimed by the Swis they have such a regime, it is not actually proven.

The whinging about the tax is incredible since it has been there in various forms and mostly at up to 40% for over 20 years, is extraordinary. Perhaps these particular tories who are so vocal should have voted Labour, as it was DARLING who, very surprisingly dropped the tax to 18%. Didn't seem to help investment though did it!

Boom boom - your threads are marvellous. No wonder they want to take them up in the papers

So confiscate the camera and send them both outside or to the head masters office, move them to another group, there's methods for controlling people, if he wasn't even capable of doing that then he was a useless teacher and shouldn't even be in the 'profession', anyone with an ounce of common sense wouldn't let matters get that far. Going postal solves nothing, he could have quite easily hurt other children in such a deranged state.

And how would he confiscate the camera if the kid wouldn't voluntarily give it to him? Which of course is exactly what would have happened. Then what? Move them to another group - how exactly if they refused to go?

Teachers these days have zero powers to control kids and the kids know it. Worse, there are plenty of ways that the kids can use the current hysteria about 'child welfare' against teachers or other adults. That means that the small element that want to cause trouble are going to do so, disrupting the education of the majority of other children. If the welfare of the children is so important then teachers need to be able to effectively discipline the small minority of troublemakers for the good of the majority. If it had been possible to do so then this situation would likely not have arisen.

Guest sillybear2

And how would he confiscate the camera if the kid wouldn't voluntarily give it to him? Which of course is exactly what would have happened. Then what? Move them to another group - how exactly if they refused to go?

Teachers these days have zero powers to control kids and the kids know it. Worse, there are plenty of ways that the kids can use the current hysteria about 'child welfare' against teachers or other adults. That means that the small element that want to cause trouble are going to do so, disrupting the education of the majority of other children. If the welfare of the children is so important then teachers need to be able to effectively discipline the small minority of troublemakers for the good of the majority. If it had been possible to do so then this situation would likely not have arisen.

So battering them with a dumbbell helps the cause?

What's the point of people like Heffer complianing about the taxing of the rich. This won't work as the poor haven't got any money. Shouldn't his Editor pointed this out to him before his readers demanded their money back. No wonder this country has candy stealers from kids running it. If I was DC I get all the scandel on my LIBDEM allies, then they will be forced into resigning then total power will be his... HIS I TELL YOU

Guest sillybear2

What's the point of people like Heffer complianing about the taxing of the rich. This won't work as the poor haven't got any money.

This is true, but Heffer has thought that far and wants their handouts taken off them. Why tax the rich when the poor still have so much to give up?

Guest absolutezero

Heffer is so pompous and prejudice he'd clear a room pretty quickly anyway, nobody likes the stench of an odious pr1ck.

Best to stick it under the tap once a day....

Simon Heffer is a nutter. But he has something in common with The Guardian's most crazed correspondent Bidisha (yes, she only has one name, surnames are sexist). I really find there is a divide between hearing them on the radio or TV vs. the insanity they commit to paper in their columns. Both are personable and interesting "in person" to a degree I find surprising. Heffer is articulate and interesting, Bidisha is a highly amusing arts critic (this is harder than it sounds). But when the presses roll they both go mad. Heffer morphs into a composite of Mr Toad and Goering, the privately educated Oxbridge graduate Bidisha becomes a victim of the privelege wielded by unemployed white men. I'm coming to the opinion that newspapers are really just trollsheets.