House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

The Best Way To Crash The Market- Just Needs A Tad Of Legislation.

Guest KingCharles1st

Make all mortgages subject to a 25% minimum deposit-

Make all lenders who offered Interest only finance, pay back 12.5% (ie half) the 25% to the borrower- to be taken from their mortgage outstanding balance- at current pricings.

Its raining, I'm bored, and I got pissed off traipsing around letting agents this morning looking for a sensibly priced dwelling to let closer to my hometown.

This house of crap needs to be pulled down- and soon!

A bit arbitrary don't you think?

Why not hold a lottery and tell 50% of people they have no right to be here unless they are a guest of an owner?

With the end of SLS and the gigantic funding gap this may not be too far off.

Make all lenders who offered Interest only finance, pay back 12.5% (ie half) the 25% to the borrower- to be taken from their mortgage outstanding balance- at current pricings.

Its raining, I'm bored, and I got pissed off traipsing around letting agents this morning looking for a sensibly priced dwelling to let closer to my hometown.

This house of crap needs to be pulled down- and soon!

I think we should just have legislation to write off all mortgages with immediate effect and abolish the banks - just have the post office. Then give all renters/ everyone else 5 x their income in newly printed notes, so that life becomes fair again. Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed?

How about not renewing the special liquidity scheme (SLS) and the mortgage guarantee scheme (MGS).

Raising capital gains tax (CGT) to 40%.

Increasing loan to value (LTV) ratio to 25% and making earnings multiples 2.5* couple or 3.25 single earnings.

Investigate every self certified mortgage and instigate fraud prosecutions against all who inflated their earnings.

Increase funding to local council housing departments dealing with the private rented sector to check all private landlords comply with regulations.

Allow revenue and customs to access land registry and electoral roll data to seek out landlords not declaring rental income.

Enforce full council tax on empty properties.

Force councils to make compulsory purchase orders at 50% of market value on properties that have been empty for more than 12 months.

Limit local housing allowance (LHA) to those on benefits to 66% median rent for type of property.

Allow the Bank of England (BoE) to target 4 or 5% RPI rather than 2% CPI.

Relax planning restrictions and build 300,000 pa for 10 years.

Introduce protected rents on long term tenancies.

OK, maybe implementing all of that might be overkill, but you catch the drift.