House Price Crash Forum

Treasury Chief Secretary David Laws To Repay £40,000 Expenses

HOLA441

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/29/david-laws-treasury-expenses-claim

I'm really getting sick of these MP's with their fingers in the till and snouts in the trough. In his statement is he says "My motivation throughout has not been to maximise profit but to simply protect our privacy and my wish not to reveal my sexuality." So he regards expenses as a revenue, rather than a reimbursment for money laid out, because how else would you see it as a profit?

Equally galling is he is using his sexuality as an excuse, and as a gay man myself, I personally find that particularly appalling. There's no rampant homophobia in his world I'm very sure, so get over it David, this isn't the 30's and 40's anymore. Either you're equal or you're not, make your bleeding mind up.

</rant>

HOLA442

£750-920 a month for single bedroom in a house share is taking the piss big style

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/29/david-laws-treasury-expenses-claim

I'm really getting sick of these MP's with their fingers in the till and snouts in the trough. In his statement is he says "My motivation throughout has not been to maximise profit but to simply protect our privacy and my wish not to reveal my sexuality." So he regards expenses as a revenue, rather than a reimbursment for money laid out, because how else would you see it as a profit?

Equally galling is he is using his sexuality as an excuse, and as a gay man myself, I personally find that particularly appalling. There's no rampant homophobia in his world I'm very sure, so get over it David, this isn't the 30's and 40's anymore. Either you're equal or you're not, make your bleeding mind up.

</rant>

HOLA443