House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

Trek Bikes

Check out your local Police Lost Property Auctions. My local auction house knocks out 50 bikes or so every couple of months. I ride 400 quid bike I paid £30 for at auction

Did the police let you try various brands on different terrains so you bid on the right one for you?

You're in the Netherlands, aren't you? I like their bakfiets.

bakfiets4.jpg

If you tried that in the UK you'd probably get sent to jail.

Yep those are the best! I've never ridden one or sat in one but maybe one day I will buy one.

Yep those are the best! I've never ridden one or sat in one but maybe one day I will buy one.

It's amazing. You just chuck your children in the box and off you go (and everyone looks very happy as well). Here people can't take their children anywhere unless they're strapped into the back of an immense armoured 4x4 with blacked out windows

Or this (also non-trendy but a bit of a bargain):

http://www.boardmanb...ybrid_comp.html

As sold (almost exclusively) by Halfords. Agreed they're pretty good value but, if you do buy one, you should factor in the cost of taking it to a proper bike shop to get it set up (or expect to do it yourself if you know what you're up to). I bought a bike from Halfords many years ago and, amongst other things, they'd fitted the tyres on the wrong way around despite them having 'this way forward' signs in bright yellow on them. I fixed it all myself but then I have all the tools to make that relatively easy.

Unfortunately neither halfords nor Decathlon are affiliated to the particular cycle to work scheme my employer uses.

I'm just pleased no one has said it'll snap the first time i ride it. This is very a mark in the sand purchase. Only after riding it for a bit will i really know what suits me. Hell, it may even just sit in the shed. Either way, i'd be wasting my time trying to pin down something i don't quite understand yet.

I can always buy another next year when I realise that you guys were right all along.