HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Excellent - :)

Littlejohn is an **** of the highest order. He's one of those journo's who has got carried away with his own image. Says a lot of stuff purely for effect and has changed his political position many times just to stay in pemanent opposition to any body that suits him at the time.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
First to go was the pledge to raise the Inheritance Tax threshold to £1 million, which did more than any other policy announcement to put the Tories back in the game.

Really? I thought it was a bit of an electoral liability myself.

HOLA4412
Guest The Relaxation Suite

I read somewhere that Littlejohn actually lives for much of the year in the US - possibly Florida, so I imagine he owns at least two houses and potentially more across Britain. He is a standard-issue old-school VI using his public position as national newspaper columnist to protect his own personal interests by brainwashing the plebs with rubbish.

CGT was always 40% and it should be reinstated at that rate as soon as possible. An entire generation is relying on it.

Edited by Tecumseh

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Contact http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/vincent-cable/25665 to support planned CGT rise. He's being pressured - his phone lines are being jammed by lobbyists pushing for him to drop CGT plans. If he stands firm, CGT will remain in the emergency budget. If not...

Here's mine;

Dear Mr Cable,

Keep up the good work!

The right wing Tories and their pet dogs in the media will do whatever they can to discredit your plans to reinstate a fair level of CGT. Their transparent self-interest fools no-one however, and sickens the vast majority of people out here in the real world.

It is clear to most that the temporary lowering of the rate of CGT by the last government was part of a desperate attempt to sustain the housing bubble long enough to win another election. The same could be said of the decision to introduce Hips – clearly designed to limit supply.

Your government’s reversal of these policies will clearly help precipitate the inevitable and much needed ‘correction’ in the housing market. Surely Messrs Cameron and Osborne understand this...

...that you managed to talk them into this is astounding!

Excellent work – do not be deflected. The country is depending on you, whether they know it or not.

Rgds

Mr Yogi

Edited by Mr Yogi

HOLA4415
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

cablev@parliament.uk

The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

HOLA4416

Uses the same old arguments that the increase will hurt those that have used the speculative property bubble to save for their retirement.

It's almost like they see HPI as a god given right simply to fund their lavish lifestyle. Instead of contributing to a pension plan and getting the mortgage cleared a fair number withdrew equity so they could live the high life (or fund second homes/BTL to ride the bubble)

I am a boomer I suppose given I am >50 but paid down my mortgage by the time I was 45 and have pension plans and savings in place to fund retirement which I aim to start before age 60.

I do have young children that will need to buy in the future which is why I welcome the playing field being evened up somewhat.

Vince Cable will stand firm he is the only real politico with a handle on the mess we are in and how we got into it.

No one has yet cottoned on to the fact the CGT increase will in fact self police the speculative property market going forward as and when the correction does draw to an end.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418