House Price Crash Forum
plummet expert

Substantial House Price Falls In Sussex

I have noticed today that some local properties I have been keeping an eye on have had substantial cuts to their prices. A couple of EG's. A 3 bed detached which started at £425k is today reduced to £350k. Another - 4 detached was £599,950, is today on for £550k. Several homes- even large ones have suddenly appeared for rent aswell as being on sale. Loads more have come on this week. Not many SOLD boards around here anymore.

How are your areas going? Often find evidence on the ground is better than just statistics, or what the Nationwide would like to have you believe!

I have noticed today that some local properties I have been keeping an eye on have had substantial cuts to their prices. A couple of EG's. A 3 bed detached which started at £425k is today reduced to £350k. Another - 4 detached was £599,950, is today on for £550k. Several homes- even large ones have suddenly appeared for rent aswell as being on sale. Loads more have come on this week. Not many SOLD boards around here anymore.

How are your areas going? Often find evidence on the ground is better than just statistics, or what the Nationwide would like to have you believe!

Can we have links to the properties?

Are you posting this thread once a minute?

I do a daily search in my area of Sussex, and have not seen any prices that would tempt me to trade up from my current 3 bed semi to a nice 4 bed detached with a large garden. Difficult to say whether there are many reductions as I don't use property bee but prices have a long way to fall (or I need to get considerably richer) before I am going to extend my borrowing.

I do a daily search in my area of Sussex, and have not seen any prices that would tempt me to trade up from my current 3 bed semi to a nice 4 bed detached with a large garden. Difficult to say whether there are many reductions as I don't use property bee but prices have a long way to fall (or I need to get considerably richer) before I am going to extend my borrowing.

You have to get property bee. It's something no HPCer should be without.

We live in north farnham and falls are now an average of 10% rather than the 2-3% we've seen so far. One house has dropped from 750k to 650k in one drop (and change of EA). This still makes it over priced but a lovely drop none the less. Still not tempted to buy but the tide is definitely turning around here.

You have to get property bee. It's something no HPCer should be without.

I used to have it, but as I am not seriously looking until the price falls are obvious, I don't really need it at the mo. I agree it is good though and I recommend it friends when they say they are looking to buy (after telling them not to of course)

I used to have it, but as I am not seriously looking until the price falls are obvious, I don't really need it at the mo. I agree it is good though and I recommend it friends when they say they are looking to buy (after telling them not to of course)

another 100+ properties added in Brighton today. my favourite one at the moment is up at roedean currently £675k and went on originally in Sept last year at £895k... i'll register my interest at £500k :)

I live near Brighton and am observing a lot of drops in price. I have two friends trying to sell and they are getting offers substantially below asking and people are walking if the low offers are not accepted. Another friend dropped her semi from 230 to 190 and now has a subject to contract offer. A house I have my eye on in Dottingdeed* has dropped from 349 to 325 and will probably see sub 300 within weeks.

The market around here is beautifully perched on a ledge and the sellers are panicky and asking me not to poison the well any more!

*Rottingdean. A long time ago someone with severe nasal congestion mentioned this place and I was unable to decipher where it was until it was spelled out.