House Price Crash Forum

Where To Sell Scrap Metal?

HOLA441

Working in two different restaurants I have managed to amass an incredible collection of bottle tops, these are stored in my sister's garden in big plastic bags, my collection right now is about the size of oh I dunno a ford mondeo or bigger car.

Question is, is it worth anything would a scrap metal company accept all these bottle caps?

Granted if the world turned into fall out 3 or is it 4? I would be uber rich, but she wants me to get rid of them as I dumped three more bin bag sacks in her garden today.

Thanks

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Working in two different restaurants I have managed to amass an incredible collection of bottle tops, these are stored in my sister's garden in big plastic bags, my collection right now is about the size of oh I dunno a ford mondeo or bigger car.

Question is, is it worth anything would a scrap metal company accept all these bottle caps?

Granted if the world turned into fall out 3 or is it 4? I would be uber rich, but she wants me to get rid of them as I dumped three more bin bag sacks in her garden today.

Thanks

It's a Friday afternoon and there's a bank holiday coming. Why not spend that time making stuff? Recycling is for pansies.

I expect photos by Tuesday morning please.

http://www.greenphonebooth.com/2009/11/flotsam-jetsam-and-jetties-gyres.html

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5135855_things-do-beer-bottle-caps.html

http://www.ehow.com/way_5261661_things-do-bottle-caps.html

You could :

Make a lampshade:

bottle-cap-lampshade.jpg

Make a dragon:

F80JP84U0TEUSZO9PZ.medium.jpg

Make a crate:

seltzer_cap_box_01%20%28Custom%29.jpg

HOLA446

Bet your sisters geared right up for an "I told you they were worth f*ck all and you've f*cked up my lawn with them".

Nah she has an even bigger collection of bottle tops several wheelie bins full actually as her BF did bar work for a while in a very large pub and bought home a carrier bag every night for the past 3 years.

HOLA447

Nah she has an even bigger collection of bottle tops several wheelie bins full actually as her BF did bar work for a while in a very large pub and bought home a carrier bag every night for the past 3 years.

Right.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

If you get a broom handle and loosely nail these caps the whole length of it, you can make a great noise at the Notting Hill Carnival by thumping the pole rhythmically up and down on the ground.

HOLA4415

Bumped solely because i think this is the funniest thing ive ever read on hpc.

This line here is pure comic genius.

If i ever get round to writing a sit com, this line will be in it

HOLA4416
Guest happy?

Thanks

You have a large collection of worthless shite.

You can see metal prices online at any time but the metals which are worth collecting would be precious metals plus copper and lead. If you're in a job where you get ready access to any of the previous then you'll probably know this already.

PM's by anyone in the jewellery trade, lead by someone in the garage trade (old batteries), copper - plumbers stripping-out old pipework and hot-water tanks.

I know one guy who happily collects scrap from skips/bins/old pipework etc all year long and will watch prices nearer to Christmas before cashing-in his chips - usually collects about £1500 a time. But he has a nose for this and has been doing it 40 years.

Archived