House Price Crash Forum

Harlow(Essex) Crashing Hard And Fast ....

HOLA441

RightMove + Property Bee:

- Harlow

- added in last 24h

-------------------------------------------------------------------

- total of 9 listings

- 7 from 9 are price reductions (77%)

- 1 from 9 is sold to avaiable

- 1 from 9 is a new listing

When the negative HPI statistics based on Land Registry, Halifax and Nationwide hit the mainstream media like BBC and DailyMail we will do see the carnage .....

HOLA442

RightMove + Property Bee:

- Harlow

- added in last 24h

-------------------------------------------------------------------

- total of 9 listings

- 7 from 9 are price reductions (77%)

- 1 from 9 is sold to avaiable

- 1 from 9 is a new listing

When the negative HPI statistics based on Land Registry, Halifax and Nationwide hit the mainstream media like BBC and DailyMail we will do see the carnage .....

How many houses are normally added in a 24hr period? 9 seems quite low and only one new listing? Do you record stock of houses on the market?

Chelmsford is seeing normally about 60 a day added with 30 to 40% reductions. Stock has increased over 20% since march.

HOLA443

How many houses are normally added in a 24hr period? 9 seems quite low and only one new listing? Do you record stock of houses on the market?

Chelmsford is seeing normally about 60 a day added with 30 to 40% reductions. Stock has increased over 20% since march.

it is still early morning so the last 24h covers the night as well ... usually Harlow is about 15 listings in last 24h

but it is anyway a good sign ... shows the main activity on the RM ...

we have to wait till Natiowide turns negative month to month and BBC will get the negative HPI (Halifax, Nationwide, LR) to the main stream news .... hopefully this month or maximum next one ....

HOLA444

it is still early morning so the last 24h covers the night as well ... usually Harlow is about 15 listings in last 24h

but it is anyway a good sign ... shows the main activity on the RM ...

we have to wait till Natiowide turns negative month to month and BBC will get the negative HPI (Halifax, Nationwide, LR) to the main stream news .... hopefully this month or maximum next one ....

That's true I do my searches in the evening. I think nationwide will be negative for may. Thought it would be released today but looks like we will have to sweat it out until Tuesday.

HOLA445

That's true I do my searches in the evening. I think nationwide will be negative for may. Thought it would be released today but looks like we will have to sweat it out until Tuesday.

I was expecting to see it today as well. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects that it may be bad news and they have chosen to delay publishing the figure until after the bank holiday so as not to deter any potential purchasers from viewing over the weekend. Last years report for May should a 1.2% increase in prices and was published ahead of the weekend on May 29th. Just a theory!

HOLA446

I was expecting to see it today as well. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects that it may be bad news and they have chosen to delay publishing the figure until after the bank holiday so as not to deter any potential purchasers from viewing over the weekend. Last years report for May should a 1.2% increase in prices and was published ahead of the weekend on May 29th. Just a theory!

It is normally within the last few days of the month. Never seen it on the first of the month before. But they never give a specific date. It's normal 28th -30th or something like that. I'm

not reading too much into it.

• 4 years later...
HOLA447

Maybe HPC is properly coming this time, after QE £$Trillions /0.5% and global lower / massive house price equity reflation terrorism against non-owner renter savers. Some yield chasers must be feeling it, or set to, still thinking all their HPI at mad crazy levels all locked in and protected.

31 October 2014

A retired City banker who cheated churchgoers out of millions in a vast fraud told one victim over the phone: ‘God has told me to give you a ring.’ Over five years Patrick Coppeard collected nearly £5.4million, most of which he blew in online gambling while trying to make up for losses.

When he finally handed himself into police and was asked how much he had left in his account, the former broker for investment bank Merrill Lynch replied: ‘Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.’ The married father of three, a former magistrate, has now been jailed for six years after admitting a single charge of fraud by abuse of position.

He had already moved out of his £1.25million house in Loughton, Essex, and into a more modest home near Harlow. Victims, many left virtually penniless by the scam, complained yesterday that the sentence was ‘pathetic’

[..]The power-wash business owner invested £50,000 before ploughing another £283,000 into the bogus scheme.
He added: ‘I’d known him for 20 years from church. I knew he was a financial man and a magistrate so I trusted him. I’m now saddled with a £33,000 credit card debt … I think the sentence is pathetic for what he’s done.’

Another victim, former next-door neighbour Rob Smith, 50, said Coppeard had been one of his closest friends before the ‘immense betrayal’. ‘We thought we were investing into a share trading club and Patrick was handling it on our behalf due to his experience as a stockbroker,’ he said.

In a bid to recover his position he began persuading people to hand over money which he used for spread betting and online gambling. The huge fraud, known as a Ponzi scheme, ran from January 2008 to May last year and took in the church and 61 individuals, who handed over a total of £5,356,497, of which £3,382,000 was lost. Coppeard, who resigned as a magistrate last year, managed to keep the scheme afloat by making occasional payouts to some investors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2814689/Ex-managing-director-Merrill-Lynch-told-friend-God-asked-call-stealing-200-000-5-4million-Ponzi-scam-fund-gambling-habit.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=45312335&sale=52018661&country=england

HOLA448
A retired City banker who cheated churchgoers out of millions in a vast fraud told one victim over the phone: ‘God has told me to give you a ring.’ Over five years Patrick Coppeard collected nearly £5.4million, most of which he blew in online gambling while trying to make up for losses.

Claiming to be doing god's work. It just goes to show.

Merrill Lynch is likely quite close to the squid.

Edited by billybong

HOLA449
HOLA4410