House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sbn

A Coalition Housing Crash?

He sometimes comes across as okay, but this time he’s peddling the Labour shite.

Shutting the BBC down should be the next call on the coal. plans – how have Labour still got such a hold over them?

Paranoia.

From his article:

"Certainly, if you are yet to buy your first home and feel priced out of the market, you'll say hooray if prices fall."

He sometimes comes across as okay, but this time he’s peddling the Labour shite.

Shutting the BBC down should be the next call on the coal. plans – how have Labour still got such a hold over them?

They have just filled all the key posts with thier puppets, time for a clean out I think ;)

High UK housing costs prevent UK workers from competing on the global labour market.

Rents (and prices) should follow wages, but the previous govt engaged in damaging price fixing.

Support for high housing costs is the modern version of the corn laws, and will end the same way.

See the "Let's Get It Right's" post on the Question Time thread.

Could what happened on that show last night, be the first warning to the BBC from the government?

This attitude really pisses me off. What's good for the banks is more important than what's good for the people. How the ****** did we end up like this?

Some very good arguments have already been made for increasing the tax.

I would say HPC'ers are winning it hands down at the mo.... ;)

At this rate Peston will open his wrists by teatime!!

Some very good arguments have already been made for increasing the tax.

I would say HPC'ers are winning it hands down at the mo.... ;)

At this rate Peston will open his wrists by teatime!!

all pro-hpc comments so far. All with sensible reasoning behind them too. I like this.

I've no problem with CGT being 18% as long as income tax is the same, otherwise you distort the economy- witness the whole car crash of private equity.

The GCT reudcton was dumb - shocking when you think a Lab chancellor favoured capital gains (a richer persons tax) to income (the working mans tax).

The Peston blog is really wierd. He does not try and justify the GCT reduction. The probkem banks have is that they leant too much to property. Nohting can fix that. It'll have to be marked down and we can move along. Trying to argue that we should raise IRs, increase GCT tax, repo houses just because banks/property investor have f*cked up major time is nuts.

I've no doubt the coalation know whats coming to the UK - just look at Ireland, or Florida and Nevada - all good matches to the UK real estate.

Its enivtable. Let it happen now before credit becomes a lot, lot more expensive - less a result of inflation, more a result of the UK/west being a credit risk.

Take the 50% hit at the start of the electoral term. Hope for some form of recovery in 5 years time. But to be honest, I do not expect the UK will see any good GDP growth for 10-15 years.

Even Lab knew this - apart from a couple like Hazle Blears, who is probably the most stupid person to suck air.

bbc ....how have Labour still got such a hold over them?

Mandy has the pics. I can only assume that's how he had such excellent control over things.

Wow - check out the balance of the comments...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...sing_crash.html

Rather different than the boomer whingeathon on the Telegraph site.

I even got my comment published. Funny thing - I've discovered there's an inverse correlation between my use of the word "c**t," and my propensity to get through the moderators in the MSM.

Whodathunkit?! :lol:

B