House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Hazel Blears And David Davis On This Week

I just turned on This Week and they have David Davis and Hazel Blears - Hazel sodding Blears - on there! How much are they being paid? Disgusting IMPO.

Switching off - permanently!

I just turned on This Week and they have David Davis and Hazel Blears - Hazel sodding Blears - on there! How much are they being paid? Disgusting IMPO.

it was worth it for the desperate awkward shuffling trying to sit on the sofa as far away from each other as possible

edit: even I draw the line at george galloway.

Diane Abbott use to do it for 2K a show - maybe Blears undercut her ?

+1

Likewise. I've only watched that program in recent years to hear what Portillo has to say. But frankly it's been a real effort to sit through the rest of the show each week.

Definitely not watching now.

+1

Likewise. I've only watched that program in recent years to hear what Portillo has to say. But frankly it's been a real effort to sit through the rest of the show.

Yes, I only turned it on to hear Portillo's thoughts on the economy.

Personally, I think the chemistry between Abbott and Portillo makes the show work well, but when I heard that (house) flipping crook Blears was going to be on, I refused to watch.

She has no opinions, merely an echo of a Labour press release, and she is a flipping criminal who has dodged tax.

She should be in jail, not on TV. :angry:

Guest KingCharles1st

Same here- the lunge for the remote was quite something....

Blears, what a waste of carbon and water.

She's just another Labourite who reads the Labour script and then repeats it parrot fashion. She has very few active brain cells.

There was a program on the telly some months ago analysing the last 13 years in her constituency of Salford. It's full of teenage mums and scroungers. The conclusion was that no progress had been made to improve their lot up there. Blears achieved nothing, except rob us for here little property business she had going. She still owes CGT on a couple of houses.

Is she on it again? Wrecks a good program.

Why was her head flipping around so fast? Thought it was going to come off. She didn't look comfortable. Like she new she was out of her depth.

Is this a new perminent line up?

I thought Di and Mike worked well together and were never afried to agree with each other, which is amazing considering MPs always find something to nit-pik.

Portillo hasn't been an MP since 2005 so he doesn't have to tow a line.

Hazel Blears spluttered when asked to find something announced by the coalition that Blair wouldn't have done. Hopeless.

I reckon Portillo is on holiday or something or there would have been an announcement. Abbott may be missing until after the leadership election because otherwise, she will be getting an 'advantage' on airtime, although some of the things she says will bury her chances anyway.

Personally, I think the chemistry between Abbott and Portillo makes the show work well, but when I heard that (house) flipping crook Blears was going to be on, I refused to watch.

She has no opinions, merely an echo of a Labour press release, and she is a flipping criminal who has dodged tax.

She should be in jail, not on TV. :angry:

I agree. Although I'm not a fan of Abbott I enjoyed the banter between them.

I like Andrew Neil and thought his interviews prior to the election packed heaps more punch than anything Paxman offered. However, I won't switch on if Blears is a regular.

There was a program on the telly some months ago analysing the last 13 years in her constituency of Salford. It's full of teenage mums and scroungers. The conclusion was that no progress had been made to improve their lot up there. Blears achieved nothing

What a surprise. rolleyes.gif

Why was her head flipping around so fast? Thought it was going to come off. She didn't look comfortable.

total_recall_large_03.jpg

Diane Abbott use to do it for 2K a show - maybe Blears undercut her ?

The Daily Mail suggest it's more like £500 a time (Link).

BBC spokesperson quoted on the Guardian website (Link): "For the sake of fairness to all the candidates for the Labour party leadership, while Diane is a candidate she won't be making her usual appearance on the This Week sofa." Implying that they'd be willing to have her back at a later date. I wonder what would happen if she became the Labour Party leader? ;)

Edited to add: Hear, hear on the Michael Portillo. He's the person who most makes the show worth watching -- even moreso than the host.

Guest X-QUORK

I think everyone knows Blears isn't really human, "she's" a sinister nano-ginger-bot sent to smile the world into submission.

Totally ignored it this time. Hazel Blears fu c kin cheshire cat grinning crooked wh 0re! I hope she was not paid for this appearance. Is she still an MP?

I never thought I`d say this, but after watching Perma-Grin last night, I can`t wait for D.Abbott to come back to This Week.

One minor plus is that I don`t think she said "Gordon is great, Gordon is wonderful etc" once.

The muppets in my constituency re-elected her with room to spare.

She's clearly got power in her constituency. It looked bad for her to begin with but her local party couldn't de-select her.

Oh, and I second that Portillo and Abbot are actually quite good.

Blears is shameless and the Labour Party should disown her.

I wrote to her over a policy issue involving the major employer in her Constituency.

She was unsympathetic and unhelpful.

What does she do with her time?

Abbot & Portillo were the key to the program.

The beeb once again seem incapable of abstracting their essence, hence the latest duo.

Totally ignored it this time. Hazel Blears fu c kin cheshire cat grinning crooked wh 0re! I hope she was not paid for this appearance. Is she still an MP?

Sadly, yes. :(

Finally got around to watching this week's This week on Saturday, and, thanks to all the expectation lowering on here, Hazel Blears wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

Not that she was good, just not as bad as I'd be prepared for... :)