House Price Crash Forum
Blue Nose Bear

Becoming Sick Of The ******ing Whining Already

Is it just me or is every other story at the moment some VI whining about a rise in a tax or a cut to a benefit.

These twats really need to wake up and smell the ******ing coffee.

Facts:

All taxes will rise to the point at which the pain becomes unbearable for at least the next two years.

All benefits will be cut or reduced to the bare minimum.

Your house will loose 40-50% of it's value over the next two to four years.

Get used to it anything better will be a bonus, but please please stop ******ing whining - NO ONE IS INTERESTED! :angry:

They are like children ...... ignore them and they will stop :)

It's time that these bastards suffered, just like the rest of us have suffered over the past decade.

Edited by Home_To_Roost

Is it just me or is every other story at the moment some VI whining about a rise in a tax or a cut to a benefit.

Facts:

All taxes will rise to the point at which the pain becomes unbearable for at least the next two years.

Get used to it anything better will be a bonus, but please please stop ******ing whining - NO ONE IS INTERESTED! :angry:

Nope - it's not just you.

The VI's are out there lobbying furiously. I even heard that soppy fat c**t Eamonn Holmes trying to give Cable a hard time this morning, implying in his questions that the CGT rise was a bad thing. Got a fewl BTL's, thick chubby boy?!

Every single media luvvy out there seems to have their nose in the trough, and they are wheeling out every other whining ******* they can to feed easy questions to.

Makes me sick too...

B

Facts:

Yup agree , don't understand the whining about CGT though, it was 40% just a couple of years ago. *pedant mode on* it's lose not loose *pedant mode off*

Facts:

I agree, we have had it too good, for too long...we have been living the life of riley on money that was spent before it was earned....we will of course survive, think the worst and anything else will be a bonus....they managed it in the past, a little pain will in time create real gain. ;)

Who did these idiots think were going to be paying the austerity bill? Savers and non-home owners have been carrying the can for these free-loading parasites for a decade. We're austered out. Were they all to stupid to realise they're the only ones left to come after?

Who did these idiots think were going to be paying the austerity bill? Savers and non-home owners have been carrying the can for these free-loading parasites for a decade. We're austered out. Were they all to stupid to realise they're the only ones left to come after?

YES

Yup agree , don't understand the whining about CGT though, it was 40% just a couple of years ago. *pedant mode on* it's lose not loose *pedant mode off*

But you could claim all sorts of things off it, like inflation.

CGT sans indexation is in effect a tax on inflation and since inflation is effectively a tax, it is a tax on a tax.

Meh and I was joking about VAT2 recently VAT on VAT VAT3 and VAT4 will come out shortly I bet.

Yes. You have John Redwood arguing for a New Labour tax policy to remain in situ.

Kinda crystalizes the last 13 years dontcha fink?

No government can afford to gerrymander its middle class anymore.

This party's ******ing over comrades. :)

Do not want to be totally thick here, but are they only subject to cgt when they sell the btl property for example, not on the rent they get if it goes to paying the mortgage?

If so why are they likely to offload?

thanks

Do not want to be totally thick here, but are they only subject to cgt when they sell the btl property for example, not on the rent they get if it goes to paying the mortgage?

If so why are they likely to offload?

thanks

Short term BTLers will be trying to lock in capital gains. They're not (and never were) interested in being professional landlords and in it for the long term. dry.gif

Edited by bomberbrown

They elected a Conservative government, so they had every right to expect the pain to be taken by renters and the low paid.

The removal of the CGT break gifted them by that commy Brown must come as a bit of a shock.

The CGT thing and removal of the low paid from income tax is a bit out of character for the conservatives, so the whiners and the cheerleaders of the seriously rich in the media may yet get their way. Hear that disgusting hypocritical tosser Madson Pyrie.

CGT sans indexation is in effect a tax on inflation and since inflation is effectively a tax, it is a tax on a tax.

No, that's cobblers

Only some slither of the gain in (say) the price of a house is due to devaluation of currency and even that portion of cgt is only a tax, not a 'tax on a tax'. Inflation is not a price the homeowner is already paying as a homeowner. If he had a pile of money that devalued because of inflation, and then he was taxed according to the amount it devalued, that could be argued as a tax on a tax.

Edited by Stars

Nope - it's not just you.

The VI's are out there lobbying furiously. I even heard that soppy fat c**t Eamonn Holmes trying to give Cable a hard time this morning, implying in his questions that the CGT rise was a bad thing. Got a fewl BTL's, thick chubby boy?!

Every single media luvvy out there seems to have their nose in the trough, and they are wheeling out every other whining ******* they can to feed easy questions to.

Makes me sick too...

B

Whilst on the other side the BBC were bemoaning the cancelling of the ID card scheme and giving Ian Duncan Smith a hard time about the possible suggestion of getting long term benefit scroungers back into work.

Whilst there may be arguements for keeping ID cards (I dont agree though) there is certainly no down side to getting the feckless off their Jeremy Kyle watching backsides and into employment. There are people who really are unable to work but the majority of dole claimants are having a laugh at the rest of ours expense.

I agree, we have had it too good, for too long...we have been living the life of riley on money that was spent before it was earned....we will of course survive, think the worst and anything else will be a bonus....they managed it in the past, a little pain will in time create real gain. ;)

Exactly, lets just get on get it done and get to a point where normal working people can see a sustainable and worth while future ahead of them.

Once we get to the starting point though we must have clear and transparent controls and legislation in place to stop this happening again, cos it will unless dullards like Brown are shackled when they get into the job.

Although I did think that was what fiscal policy was supposed to be about.

Yes. You have John Redwood arguing for a New Labour tax policy to remain in situ.

Kinda crystalizes the last 13 years dontcha fink?

No government can afford to gerrymander its middle class anymore.

This party's ******ing over comrades. :)

Yes, but it's going to be unbearable with 3+ weeks until the budget they will be at fever pitch by then :rolleyes:

No, that's cobblers

Only some slither of the gain in (say) the price of a house is due to devaluation of currency and even that portion of cgt is only a tax, not a 'tax on a tax'. Inflation is not a price the homeowner is already paying as a homeowner. If he had a pile of money that devalued because of inflation, and then he was taxed according to the amount it devalued, that could be argued as a tax on a tax.

I don't know whether what I'm about to write is correct or makes sense, but I'll write it anyway... :)

If we had an economy without inflation (i.e. fixed money supply), then is it true to say that, on average (and over all), there would be no capital growth? Individual assets (or asset classes) may grow in value, but with a fixed amount of money, could that only occur as a result of a drop in the value of other assets over all?

In other words, is the value of every asset and commodity in an entire economy equal to the amount of money is that same economy to pay for those assets and commodities?

If so, then I think that would make capital gains and inflation the same thing -- in which case, isn't CGT a tax on inflation?

The meeja take a contrarian view on anything. They want volatility so they will disagree or pick holes in pretty much anything even if its something good or moral to try and get a reaction. Its what drives people mad and keeps people talking about stuff. Certainly mainstream media is terrible these days but when its on 24hrs a day its innevitable that they will try and fill as much time as possible filming the streets of London from a helicopter as Cameron drives to the Palace or something. It is funny though to see Cable grilled when a couple of weeks ago he was welcomed like a favourite uncle who hadn't been round for a while.

I don't know whether what I'm about to write is correct or makes sense, but I'll write it anyway... :)

If we had an economy without inflation (i.e. fixed money supply), then is it true to say that, on average (and over all), there would be no capital growth? Individual assets (or asset classes) may grow in value, but with a fixed amount of money, could that only occur as a result of a drop in the value of other assets over all?

In other words, is the value of every asset and commodity in an entire economy equal to the amount of money is that same economy to pay for those assets and commodities?

If so, then I think that would make capital gains and inflation the same thing -- in which case, isn't CGT a tax on inflation?

Yes, a capital gains tax on excess property inflation a natural happening due to other monetary policies enabling a few to benefit from it, sometimes intentionally sometimes not...this is now the time for this to be readdressed to balance the flow of wealth from the fortunate (at right time, right place) to the not so fortunate...... there will be no ultimate losers, it will only spread enrichment to others who all be it willing, wanting and trying would otherwise have no hope to better themselves. ;)