House Price Crash Forum

Why The Huge Increase In Asking Price?

Cheers Weebobby. I hope you are enjoying the new home.

i had a look round iceberg as the wife and i were out walking and it was open all week for viewings that was ages ago. i actually liked it but other half didnt.

anyway prices have dropped and i think 1 or 2 have sold. he has only built 2 . i assume another 2 will be built if they receive the money for these two. 6 in total to shift. will be surprised if he ever gets this development sold without it being at a loss as suspect 3 sites were bought at peak prices...

loving new house. getting there still need to get furniture. look forward to getting my corner sofa , watching tv on the floor is no fun!!

Big error by the developer in not providing clear delineations between each property. I'd not consider these based on that alone. From th ephotos, the finish looks good to the inside, but the outside is a mess.

Shame.

Edit: Just noticed that remedial work is required to this property. Has anyone phoned in about it?

Edited by ravedave

Big error by the developer in not providing clear delineations between each property. I'd not consider these based on that alone. From th ephotos, the finish looks good to the inside, but the outside is a mess.

Shame.

Edit: Just noticed that remedial work is required to this property. Has anyone phoned in about it?

its a good price if the problems could be overcome

the problems being reflected in the price already?

prob worth investigating what the problems are and the rick associated

thought the other one (or this one?) sold for 290 or thereabouts at a recent auction?

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

iceberg started at 550 before 495 , 450 and last few months at 400k

Iceberg started near 700 and the sale agreed price was 375k, and even that was far too much.

4 concrete tanked boxes sitting on top of one another.

Love the Des Ewing add on you tube -what an ego!

• 1 month later...

Iceberg started near 700 and the sale agreed price was 375k, and even that was far too much.

4 concrete tanked boxes sitting on top of one another.

Love the Des Ewing add on you tube -what an ego!

i think he has 6 to shift in total?

have they started building the 3rd and 4th ones?

this is his first project he has done himself and you have to wonder about the financials given the sites were acquired during the boom

i think he has 6 to shift in total?

have they started building the 3rd and 4th ones?

this is his first project he has done himself and you have to wonder about the financials given the sites were acquired during the boom

Not likely, think this is one next door which was bought and has planning permission for same. Seems they have decided to cut their losses.

http://www.propertypal.com/43-knightsbridge-park-belfast/189768

• 4 months later...

So from £699k we have now ended up unsold at auction - available afterwards at 165k

http://www.eigroup.c...61980&a=5&c=brn

What a name for a housing development; Iceberg. Let's try and put buyers off from the very beginning. Even the sales hoardings on the YouTube have a dangerous looking Iceberg image.

Mr Bank Manager, can you give me funding for these houses, which will have boom-time windows to look out on a happy boom time world, I want to sell on for £700,000 a piece, and which I'm going to call Iceberg.

It's something that I always wanted to do so it had to be done.
The belief has got to go right across the board. How you build it, how you design it, how you market it, everything. So I think that's been seamless.

And what's going on in this video?

Edited by Venger