House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrcrabs

Why The Huge Increase In Asking Price?

Yesterday I noticed that these 2 new builds in Piney Hills, BT9 had increased from £499k to £699k. They have been for sale for over a year and had gradually come down to £499K in Jan 2010. One went sale greed and is now for sale again, the other has never been sale agreed.

Why the huge increase in asking price? If they didn't sell for £499K they aren't going to sell for £699k!

Is this a ploy so that someone thinks they are getting a bargain with a "low" offer in the future?

They both share one sloping back garden!

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=21&s=95936855&i=1&p=PNC488134&fp=1&sort=h2l

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=21&s=95936926&i=2&p=PNC488135&fp=1&sort=h2l

Seven hundred grand for a house that looks like it was made out of plastic - marvellous.

I notice they quote the price in Dollars too, yours for just over one million.

If there are any Americans looking at this thread then please ease off from the belly laughs :lol:

Edited by MrFlibble

39885006.jpg

I don't know about anybody else but if I were forking out £700k for a house, I'd want privacy.

Lots of it.

I notice that No.20 was also for rent and has gone "let agreed" for £1000/month.

Better to rent it out and increase the asking price, everything will be better in 6 months!

The vantage point is quite nice, you can sit out on a summers evening looking over the ugly mother of an house you bought for 80% more than you should have :lol:

The UK keeps getting better and better, at least from a comedians point of view :unsure:

Why the huge increase in asking prices?

Have you not been reading the news? This is simply a return to "normal". ;)

bubble-lifecycle.gif

Edited by Belfast Boy

i noticed this yeserday cracked me up. those 2 houses have been on for ages gradually dropping from something like 800k to under 500k back to 700k. during the biggest economic crash since 1930s (soon to be bigger) .

whatever they are smoking i want some

Yesterday I noticed that these 2 new builds in Piney Hills, BT9 had increased from £499k to £699k. They have been for sale for over a year and had gradually come down to £499K in Jan 2010. One went sale greed and is now for sale again, the other has never been sale agreed.

Why the huge increase in asking price? If they didn't sell for £499K they aren't going to sell for £699k!

Is this a ploy so that someone thinks they are getting a bargain with a "low" offer in the future?

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=21&s=95936855&i=1&p=PNC488134&fp=1&sort=h2l

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=21&s=95936926&i=2&p=PNC488135&fp=1&sort=h2l

Maybe they heard the UU report that prices had "risen" almost 5% :rolleyes:

Just noticed an update through property news. Offer on 20A for £370k - sounds like it's a repo...

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?p=ECSECS22824

NOTICE OF OFFER

Property address : 20a Piney Hills, BELFAST, County Antrim, BT9 5NR, Northern Ireland

We would advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £370,000. Any person wishing to increase on this offer should notify the selling agents of their best offer prior to exchange of contracts.

That’s offers around too. That would probably be below its RV too. I think that the RV for houses in BT9 are way way too optimistic. This area in particular will have a massive undershoot. No one can afford those prices.

Still not sure what happened here - in my last post I thought it looked like a repo but now 2 months later the prices have dropped again. Anyone more knowledgeable than me have any ideas ? Could the purchaser have pulled out ? Or survey shown it to be too expensive ?

on another note - just noticed that the Iceberg in BT9 has had a 10% drop too :-

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/ECSECS23723/Knightsbridge-Park/142049954/

Was originally on at £550k now down to *only* £495k

Still not sure what happened here - in my last post I thought it looked like a repo but now 2 months later the prices have dropped again. Anyone more knowledgeable than me have any ideas ? Could the purchaser have pulled out ? Or survey shown it to be too expensive ?

on another note - just noticed that the Iceberg in BT9 has had a 10% drop too :-

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/ECSECS23723/Knightsbridge-Park/142049954/

Looks like the sale fell through.

legal issues about a person/entity having a stake in the land (dont know the exact ins and outs of it). searches brought up possible legal headaches for years to come. i know as a work colleague was going to buy it.

Rv on these houses is 420k. Looks like the bank are selling them as a repo.

I drove round yesterday to take a look, houses are ok looking but there are some issues.

The back garden is a slope up at a 45 degree angle, serves absolutely no practical use other than a potential

deathtrap for kids.

The other issue is the street itself. It consists mainly of 1970s detached houses on spacious plots. Around half of the sites seem to have

Fallen victim to the boom, they are lying in a derelict state no doubt with a planning approval for apartments/ multiple houses on each site in the

background.

I feel a bit sorry for the developer of this site. They seem to have got it spectacularly wrong.

The street itself will probably take decades to recover from the general dereliction wrought by "developers".

iceberg started at 550 before 495 , 450 and last few months at 400k