House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide Warning On House Prices

HOLA441

For your sake I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see 25% in two years let alone 12 months... in fact I think you might count yourself lucky if you see it within 5 years... my money is still on the long and slow scenario.

If the inflationistas are to be believed, we could end up with 25%, in real terms, in two months. wink.gif

HOLA442

The precedent is the US, with government backing of Freddie and Fannie (+FHA?). I understand 90% of US mortgages are effectively govt backed now.

VMR.

OK then, taking that on board I have to conclude that the ending of the SLS will not have that much of an impact which is what I feared would be the case. I remember Cameroid muttering something about having to help FTB's which is an admission that they have a plan to interfere in the market to my mind.

HOLA443

Actually I think that's an excellent idea.

Any householder having their mortgage interest paid by the social should be compelled to make rooms available, free,

to benefit claimants.

That will get some value for money for the taxpayer and hurt professional landlords.

Bring back a sense of 'community' and encourage folk to pay off their mortgages, because once that is done the free-loading scum house partners are moved to another mortgage payer.

I'll ring Frank Field in the morning

HOLA444