House Price Crash Forum

The Link Between Prostitutes And House Prices

HOLA441

Prostitutes blamed for property bulge

By Wu Zhong, China Editor

HONG KONG - Prostitution is illegal in China, but the police crackdowns recently launched across the country indicate that the "world's oldest profession" is doing as well as ever. In Beijing, there are reportedly so many xiaojie (mistresses) that state media claim their numbers have driven up housing prices.

After efforts to "physically and spiritually" cleanse Beijing for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games, prostitution has made a big comeback, so much so that municipal police launched a citywide "strike hard" vice crackdown in April entitled "Operation 4.11".

Coincidentally, in line with central government policy, the municipal government has also began taking measures (so far in vain) to bring down the city's skyrocketing housing prices.

The two crackdowns, one on social vices and the other on housing prices, seem unrelated. But a May 14 editorial in the Beijing Evening News, a sister publication of the Beijing Daily - the mouthpiece of the Communist Party's Beijing municipal committee - made an imaginative link between the two.

The article argued that a (downward) turning point in Beijing's property market could be achieved if prostitutes were driven out of the city. Skeptics say the article's flawed reasoning suggests that Beijing authorities are scrambling for a scapegoat for their failure to bring the property market under control.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/LE26Ad01.html

HOLA442

Lies! There is no prostitution in China at all.

There are however rather a large number of Barbershops lit with red light bulbs where the prefered attire of the women is uber short miniskirts super high heels and low cut tops.

Also an incredible number of hotels whereby there are uncomplimentary vaginal washes and ***** wash sachets everywhere and phone calls in the night asking if you want a massage.

http://news.jongo.com/articles/07/0511/15044/MTUwNDQmJog9BeN.html

HOLA443
HOLA444

Did the police target the girls who service the senior party officials as well?

In China? Well recently there was a corrupt CCP official who stole over $800K US equiv he spent it all on sex with as many women as often as possible...

HOLA445
"What is she trying to say?" I asked myself. A big airplane? What's that got to do with massage?

Reacting to the frown on my face, Ding made a hand motion to clarify what she meant.

"Oh, so that's what you call it in China," I said. "Ok, let's give it a go, then."

Ding helped me take my airplane out of the hangar, before suddenly shouting at her colleague in the cubicle next door to come and assist her. The curtain opened suddenly and in popped another mini-skirted hairstylist.

"Look at this," said Ding to her friend. "It's very unusual, isn't it. Wow!"

I'm very proud of my manhood, but felt a tad embarrassed at all the attention it was getting. It was like the whole massage parlour knew my business and was spreading the word.

And when a sweaty fifty-something male client with an even sweatier comb-over stuck his head into the cubicle for a look, I decided I'd had enough. I pulled my trousers back up and made for the door.

No happy end for me. Johnny Pryce had better luck.

:lol::lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447

He must have really liked sex. Well he be lucky now just to get the male variety or was he executed?

doesnt the North Korean PM have an army of about 200 "sexual pleasers"??? mabye thats why the chinese gvmt are freindly towards MR KIM

HOLA448
Guest X-QUORK

doesnt the North Korean PM have an army of about 200 "sexual pleasers"???

No, you're thinking of our very own Noodle. Where is he anyway? Not seen a post for a while.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

This is nothing new though. Isn't it the case that large areas of London (and indeed many European cities) were built directly by the proceeds of prostitution?

Prostitution is one of the biggest trades in places like Bradford...

Archived