House Price Crash Forum
neon tetra

Are We Headed For A Housing Crash?

Well, as sentiment is a big factor in confidence for the housing market, with articles like this in the press, it won't take long for sentiment in it to take a battering.

All this could bring the recovery in the housing market to a shuddering halt and send prices crashing in parts of the country. Some economists predict a staggering 20 pc plunge in prices, wiping £34,000 off the average £167,802 home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1281399/Are-heading-new-housing-crash.html#ixzz0p2UirDdt

If the daily mail is predicting a crash I have to wonder if perhaps now is the time to buy!

Bubbles burst and investments crash when everyone thinks it is jam for ever, so a national newspaper of the middle classes says hpc then maybe it can't crash. But I do acknowledge that houses move slower and sentiment will effect prices accepted more than other investment vehicles.

Does anyone have example headlines from just before the 07 crash and the 89 crash? Were they flashing similar headlines?

hmm, I don't know where house prices are heading cos I am not a bloody medium but what I have noticed in the last couple of weeks is more reductions near where I live - Exeter. 12 months ago there was no properties available on the market, now there is a lot in my opinion. So maybe prices are going down, who knows, perhaps we will find out on 22 June? ;)

Edited by LittleSteroid