House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
privatefraser

You Know The Market Has Changed When

their house is worth and start turning sheepish when admitting how much they paid for it.

my sister was boasting last year she had a house worth 250,000 (what the silly fool paid for it ) . i think she is now rather embarrased by that self same fact.

Yep, I can just hear the dinner party chat.

"Yep we paid £250 for our place, just had it revalued and the agent reckons £300k."

"Wow, ooh, aaahhh, aren't you lucky."

"Yes, you know, you really should get into property blah blah blah."

"Err,yeah, um, well we paid £400k for our house".

"So what's it worth".

"Err, oh you, know, err we don't worry err about how much it's worth" Cough splutter.

"Isn't it a lovely day today?"

A friend of mine who said I was "mad" to sell last year, has just managed to get a price reduction of 12%.

ie a REAL fall from what someone else paid last year, not off the agent's price.

His words to me, "It's still a buyer's market, hopefully the price will go up again"

Times have changed....

Edited by BandWagon

Guest growl

Something I've never been able to understand were people who bragged about how much they had paid for something. Its a bit like when you go to a do and your freinds wife brags about how much she paid for her jimmy choos, how much they paid for their car, how much their holiday cost.

If I brag its usually about how much I'm saving, by not paying extortionate prices for something. I've even had people say to me 'You should say how little you paid for that...you should make up a story about how much more it cost you. Then they will think you have class'

:blink: eh?

Yes its really happened. But then I don't deal in debt.

There will be so much stuff on ebay soon when they have to pay for their extortionate mortgages when they are in negative equity, and no-one will buy their property

It will be a potnoodle and a dvd for the night then, instead of a dinnerparty with 'brag a` la prop' for the main dish. ;)

Something I've never been able to understand were people who bragged about how much they had paid for something. Its a bit like when you go to a do and your freinds wife brags about how much she paid for her jimmy choos, how much they paid for their car, how much their holiday cost.

If I brag its usually about how much I'm saving, by not paying extortionate prices for something. I've even had people say to me 'You should say how little you paid for that...you should make up a story about how much more it cost you. Then they will think you have class'

:blink: eh?

Yes its really happened. But then I don't deal in debt.

There will be so much stuff on ebay soon when they have to pay for their extortionate mortgages when they are in negative equity, and no-one will buy their property

It will be a potnoodle and a dvd for the night then, instead of a dinnerparty with 'brag a` la prop' for the main dish. ;)

i like to tell people about how little ive spent on things :lol: kinda the complete opposite of what other people do! errrm so why is it seen as clever to have run up huge debts on your credit/debt card then???? :huh:

When you know that the crash has come is when the city gets trendy soup kitchen, and when 'real retro' (read opportunity shop) bargains start to be something to brag about, rather than the pale Stella McCartney rip-offs for approximately 3000% more.

Guest growl
when 'real retro' (read opportunity shop) bargains start to be something to brag about, rather than the pale Stella McCartney rip-offs for approximately 3000% more.

That's when second hand became 'vintage' . Then there became a market for vintage, which was really 'retro' which was really second, third time around rip off of past fashions with a 'new twist' as in twisting your emotional greedy arm. :D

And forget about going to Oxfam these days. They're in on the act and a real rip off.

That's when second hand became 'vintage' . Then there became a market for vintage, which was really 'retro' which was really second, third time around rip off of past fashions with a 'new twist' as in twisting your emotional greedy arm.  :D

And forget about going to Oxfam these days. They're in on the act and a real rip off.

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - and using irritating caps too! Oxfam is SO last century. If you want cred try Traid Aid.