House Price Crash Forum

'faster Rise' In State Pension Age Predicted

HOLA441

No it really won't do you know.

Many things are claimed but many are passively received. In any case this doesn't demonstrate that they voted for "it." in the first place.

Your assertion that you've pointed out the obvious rather begs the question does it not?

Perhaps you'll always get moaners when something changes - why pick on the boomers?

I wasn't picking on the boomers particularly.

I was going through AJ's post and showing how it was bilge. That doesn't mean they are the only folks responsible, just that the boomers definitely really are responsible for their part in this mess and sad attempts to get away from their utter failure to fix any of the pressing problems they faced and their acceptance of deficit spending, can kicking ******** merchants like blair and thatcher simply "won't do."

I could go on about the generations that follow them if you want - how they complain not so much that they have been left with the bill but more that they can't also pass it on and that sort of thing if you like. It still doesn't absolve the previous generation for this great big ******ing debt, the shitbox enormous state and the various collapsed social systems they are handing over for someone else to fix. All while wanting to maintain their pension payouts via insane debt levels/HPI/taxes and shove medical costs onto the taxpayer.

And no, it's not all of them. Some great people stood up and spoke out, but too few.

HOLA442

The fact that it's the status quo proves the boomers wanted it, as does thei rcontinued support of and claiming from.

To show they weren't in favour of it, you'd have to show mass boomer protests against it.

Simple.

So a anyone drawing benefits, of all kind, should refuse them, and even return them?

I totally agree, they should.... but then I do pragmatic.

To blame the boomers, is to remove blame from the politico bankers.

I tend to always agree with your writings, but sometime fear your chain of argument might only be as strong as it's weakest link.

Which is a bit of a worry.

HOLA443

I was going through AJ's post and showing how it was bilge. That doesn't mean they are the only folks responsible, just that the boomers definitely really are responsible for their part in this mess and sad attempts to get away from their utter failure to fix any of the pressing problems they faced and their acceptance of deficit spending, can kicking ******** merchants like blair and thatcher simply "won't do."

I could go on about the generations that follow them if you want - how they complain not so much that they have been left with the bill but more that they can't also pass it on and that sort of thing if you like. It still doesn't absolve the previous generation for this great big ******ing debt, the shitbox enormous state and the various collapsed social systems they are handing over for someone else to fix. All while wanting to maintain their pension payouts via insane debt levels/HPI/taxes and shove medical costs onto the taxpayer.

And no, it's not all of them. Some great people stood up and spoke out, but too few.

Didn't came across that way.

Need to be even more specific.

HOLA444

So a anyone drawing benefits, of all kind, should refuse them, and even return them?

I totally agree, they should.... but then I do pragmatic.

Oh no, claim them by all mean. just don't claim them and also say you aren't in favour of benefits or aren't responsible for what happens because you claimed them. That's the bit that irritates me.

To blame the boomers, is to remove blame from the politico bankers.

Oh, for sure. But they took on the status quo in a lot of areas (many to be applauded) racism, sexism and a lot of other stuff were taken on and things in some areas definitely changed for the better. They just never quite got round to any of the stuff that was paying them out. Which is fine but as I said, it's the refusal to accept what that means as far as responsibility for the current mess goes that does my head in.

I tend to always agree with your writings, but sometime fear your chain of argument might only be as strong as it's weakest link.

Which is a bit of a worry.

:)

Why else have random strangers who despise your viewpoint test your ideas to destruction?

HOLA445

Didn't came across that way.

Need to be even more specific.

It ended up there, wasn't my starting point.

I only wished to tackle AJ's rose coloured view of her generation. She's right about a lot of the "get off your ****" stuff as well, fwiw. But it's only said by her to get round certain facts she doesn't like much about her own cohort.

HOLA446

break the biological clock. No stupid holidays for the kids spend it on yourself, no uni fees, no 5 yearly moving back in, no loans for cars, holidays or houses, no grubby sods awaiting your death.

As health drops off if your lucky enough 80-90 finish the job off at 90 one last blow out then put yourself down ... that is what I intend to do.

HOLA447

You say that "the boomers definitely really are responsible for their part in this mess". This seems to me a tautology as anyone is always responsible for their part in the mess by definition. The real question is how much responsibility and I can't see where you've proved whatever point it is you're trying to make in those terms.

And who precisely is trying to get away from their " sad attempts to get away from their utter failure to fix any of the pressing problems they faced and their acceptance of deficit spending, " What does this "trying to get away from" consist of?

HOLA448

You say that "the boomers definitely really are responsible for their part in this mess". This seems to me a tautology as anyone is always responsible for their part in the mess by definition. The real question is how much responsibility and I can't see where you've proved whatever point it is you're trying to make in those terms.

Like I said, I was merely refuting a denial.

And who precisely is trying to get away from their " sad attempts to get away from their utter failure to fix any of the pressing problems they faced and their acceptance of deficit spending, " What does this "trying to get away from" consist of?

posting on this forum this sort of thing -

Once again we have the resentful outpourings from the less-than-cognitively-complex.Posted Image They who judge a whole generation on the activities of a few- Aj.

When it's very obvious that it's the few who cried sanity and the many who went up the primrose path.

HOLA449

Oh no, claim them by all mean. just don't claim them and also say you aren't in favour of benefits or aren't responsible for what happens because you claimed them. That's the bit that irritates me.

Ah OK. That's alot clearer. If the system is insane , grab it, even if you know it's wrong....... but be aware it will (must) end.

Oh, for sure. But they took on the status quo in a lot of areas (many to be applauded) racism, sexism and a lot of other stuff were taken on and things in some areas definitely changed for the better. They just never quite got round to any of the stuff that was paying them out. Which is fine but as I said, it's the refusal to accept what that means as far as responsibility for the current mess goes that does my head in.

+1 as they say

:)

Why else have random strangers who despise your viewpoint test your ideas to destruction?

Oh yes, even absolute zero has made me think of the problems of getting wealth to those who willing to make effort.

NB to AZ

don't get the wrong idea mate, you're still fundamentally wrong.

edit added willing to

Edited by nixy

HOLA4410
  • 5 weeks later...
HOLA4411

We really are the most pathetic subjugated bunch of losers in europe.

With a sigh and an 'Ah well' we accept it.

Take France on the other hand. [Where the average person lives longer anyway]

Sarkozy is attempting to raise the pensionable age from 60 to just 62, and they are all out on the streets screaming at the injustice of it all.

Again, Thanks a lot Gordon..............

Edited by Dan1