House Price Crash Forum
CatNewHome

Is It A Good Investment?

Hi, I found a lovely house that was advertised as a 3 bed semi but in fact is 2 double and a box room in Purton SN5 4HJ.

I'm looking to put an offer on it because it has a potential to extend but it means more money to spend on the extension. There is a field at the back of the garden and planning permission was refused by the high court for development.

I need your help to find more informatio about the house, area anything else I might have forgotten

1) How much the property is really worth?

2) What do you think of the local area?

3) What is the ceiling price if I decide to extend the property to 3 double bedrooms, 1 en-suite,1 bathroom and smaller room/office

Looking forward to reading your findings and advice

Regards

Is it this one?

http://www.dezrez.com/DRApp/Search.ASP?WCI=Particular&WCE=001772342

I quite like Purton, lovely Indian restaurant, close to Swindon and M4 and M5....BUT.....it's full of chavvy kids.

It's also quite built up and apart from a few pubs and and Indian, there's not much to do there.

Hi OzzMosiz,

Thank you for your feedback! Yes that's the house. What do you think?

Regards

Hi OzzMosiz,

Thank you for your feedback! Yes that's the house. What do you think?

Regards

Looks quite nice inside, lounge looks a bit small though, perhaps bad photos!

Personally, I think it's a tad overpriced. ~£160K would be more like it in my opinion, but then it is just my opinion.

You should check on nethouseprices what similar properties on the street have sold for.

Personally, I think it's a tad overpriced. ~£160K would be more like it in my opinion, but then it is just my opinion.

You should check on nethouseprices what similar properties on the street have sold for.

Good evening OzzMosiz,

Thank you as always for your feedback. The lounge is small as well as the third bedroom which I describe as a box room. it's more like 2 double bedroom house than 3 and therefore overpriced for a 2 bed and a box room.

Please let me know if you see a 3 bed semi in the locale villages around Cricklade, Purton. I prefer 30...early 70 build.

What do you think of non standard construction property (if you not worried about a morgage), realistically how much would it cost to change it to bricks? is it worth change it to bricks if you wanted for rental income?

Regards

In comparison to which year would you say are the current house prices? I hope my question make sense,

Take care

In comparison to which year would you say are the current house prices? I hope my question make sense,

Take care

I would look to get around 2002-2003 price at worst. Depends what you think is fair value.

Good evening OzzMosiz,

Thank you as always for your feedback. The lounge is small as well as the third bedroom which I describe as a box room. it's more like 2 double bedroom house than 3 and therefore overpriced for a 2 bed and a box room.

Please let me know if you see a 3 bed semi in the locale villages around Cricklade, Purton. I prefer 30...early 70 build.

What do you think of non standard construction property (if you not worried about a morgage), realistically how much would it cost to change it to bricks? is it worth change it to bricks if you wanted for rental income?

Regards

Not sure about changing the shell of a house to brick, would imagine you're looking at around 30K+ ? Maybe others here could make a guestimate.

If I see anything around the area, I'll post it in here for you.

I would look to get around 2002-2003 price at worst. Depends what you think is fair value.

Not sure about changing the shell of a house to brick, would imagine you're looking at around 30K+ ? Maybe others here could make a guestimate.

If I see anything around the area, I'll post it in here for you.

Which searches would you carry out on a residential property prior to purchase?

Environmental?, Local Plan (structure plan)? planning search? Public footpath? Goverment pipeline? Chancel check?

Thank you

All of them if possible, depends on how much time/money you have.

Especially if there is open land nearby, check its not going to be built on. If there is a road, check there are no plans to change it to dual carriageway etc.

All of them if possible, depends on how much time/money you have.

Especially if there is open land nearby, check its not going to be built on. If there is a road, check there are no plans to change it to dual carriageway etc.

Thank you for your help, as always!

Take care