House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dubai

Kevin Costner Donates Invention To Clean Oil Spill

Could there be a happy Hollywood ending to the Gulf oil spill?

Enter "Waterworld" star Kevin Costner, who has spent years and millions of dollars perfecting a device that cleans oil from seawater.

snip....

In 2007, he told London's Daily Mail that he had blown millions on "technologies I thought would help the world" and had nothing to show for it.

"I've lost $40 million-plus," he said. "But I knew that if I was right, it would change things in an incredibly positive way."

snip....

Last week, he was in Louisiana seeking redemption, demonstrating his Ocean Therapy contraption.

"I'm just really happy that the light of day has come to this," Costner said.

Though reporters largely greeted his ideas with snickers, BP apparently wasn't laughing.

What a decent bloke!

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/05/19/2010-05-19_gulf_oil_spill_bp_oks_tests_of_kevin_costners_invention__device_to_clean_oil_fro.html#ixzz0oyO64LdM

IS it to publicise his new film 'Dancing with Wells'

:lol::lol:

No.... "Waterseparationworld'

Ok, he's hoping to make money off it, I'm sure, but he doesn't need to and he's putting his honestly earned fortune into a really noble project.... I'm really impressed with him. If I were a lass 'e could 'ave 'is way with me!

Reading the article Costner's device seems rather feasible. It sits on a barge, sucks up water, centrifuges it to separate out the oil and then pumps 97% pure water out. Sounds a lot better than the current methods.

What if the water contains only 2% oil? Does it add oil to the water?

Guest Skinty

With any new technology you need to be field test it. And if it works then you have also proved it to potential customers.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Costner and his scientific brother who is the brains behind it.