House Price Crash Forum

Ea Over Estimating Size

HOLA441

Do all EAs systematically over estimate the square footage of houses and/or the size of plots???

Twice in the last year, I have identified that what was presented within the EAs brochures was quite inaccurate.

We recently pulled out of a sale because the EAs details had included the garden next door (the plot was >20% smaller than advertised)....and they had also over egged size of the living room and bed1 (by several feet) as well as including a three foot high storage space under the house as living accommodation.

This is not an isolated occurrence...and I have started to believe it is common practise....

HOLA442

Do all EAs systematically over estimate the square footage of houses and/or the size of plots???

Twice in the last year, I have identified that what was presented within the EAs brochures was quite inaccurate.

We recently pulled out of a sale because the EAs details had included the garden next door (the plot was >20% smaller than advertised)....and they had also over egged size of the living room and bed1 (by several feet) as well as including a three foot high storage space under the house as living accommodation.

This is not an isolated occurrence...and I have started to believe it is common practise....

Well they lie about everything else so can't see why they would be truthful with square footage.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445