House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markinspain

Italy Banning Cash Transactions Over €5,000

Another step towards the cashless society so loved by the banksters and the 'elite' that wants complete control over us and our means of exchange. :ph34r:

Another step towards the cashless society so loved by the banksters and the 'elite' that wants complete control over us and our means of exchange. :ph34r:

Aye, that's what they want (yes, really). But the question is: what is their timeframe... five years, ten years, or decades of yet more salami slicing, or a Big Bang monetary implosion within weeks/months to trigger it if they're in a hurry?

Time for one of my fave quotes courtesy of Denis Healey, a co-founder of the Bilderberg Group (of which three of the current Cabinet are members of):

"World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings."

First Greece, now Italy. Worrying.

how will Italians get paid? From what I hear most workers get a normal lowish salary, and then they get a packet under the table containing cash to bump it up... You need big cash transactions to be able to do this ;p

Edited by AteMoose

Only if all the shiny metals are confiscated :ph34r:

PS declaration of interest: I'm not a goldbug, but I do have some savings stored in shiny useless stuff.

how will Italians get paid? From what I hear most workers get a normal lowish salary, and then they get a packet under the table containing cash to bump it up... You need big cash transactions to be able to do this ;p

From direct experience I can say that's a myth (it is only true in some limited areas, like mostly manual labour), but in any case it won't stop that at all since untaxed cash-in-hand was always illegal anyway and it still happened.

Same as it won't stop the mafia using briefcases full of dosh for their dodgy deals.

As most laws, it will only inconvenience the law-abiding majority and that's what it's designed for anyway (to control them, not to inconvenience them).

Edited by wise_eagle

Aussie's too hot for me, and I can't do that thing where your voice goes up at the end of a sentence.

Tasmania or the South Island of New Zealand are both more European in clime...and they all speak funny down there, so no one would notice.

They do however drown gingers in hessian sacks, so I'd take a life time's supply of Just For Men if I were you ;)

So presumably the mafia will make alternative arrangements, such as driving over the border to France or even taking a quick boat trip to Greece. Should help Greece's banks to recapitalise nicely.

Other policies in the draft are a 10 percent cut from 2011 in the pay of government ministers and a 10 percent cut in the pay of public sector employees earning more than 75,000 euros.

Are there many public sector employees on 75k a year in Italy?

..attempt to control black market :

Italy Black Market Value: $111.05 Billion

World Average: $19.38 Billion

Arms Trafficking: $8 Billion

Cocaine Price: $111.8 per gram

Counterfeit Clothing: $4.6 Billion

Counterfeit and Piracy Market: $9.3 Billion

Ecstasy Price: $25.7 per tablet

Global Drug Trade: $83 Billion

Heroin Price: $89.2 per gram

Human Trafficking: $850 Million

Marijuana Price: $10 per gram

etc etc

http://www.havocscope.com/regions-main/europe/italy/

Edited by South Lorne

First Greece, now Italy. Worrying.

has all been tried before

link

Notwithstanding the fact that the paper currency issued was the direct obligation of the State, that much of it was interest bearing, and that all of it was secured upon the finest real estate in France, and that penalties in the way of fines, imprisonments and death were enacted from time to time to maintain its circulation at fixed values, there was a steady depreciation in value until it reached zero point and culminated in repudiation. The aggregate of the issues amounted to no less than the enormous and unthinkable sum of $9,500,000,000, and in the middle of 1797 when public repudiation took place, there was no less than $4,200,000,000 in face value of assignats and mandats outstanding; the loss, as always, falling mostly upon the poor and the ignorant.

(2) In the attempt to maintain fixed values for the paper currency the Government became involved in an equally futile attempt to maintain a tariff of legal prices for commodities. Here again penalties of fines, of imprisonments and of death were powerless to accomplish the end in view.

(3) An wholesale demoralisation of society took place under which thrift, integrity, humanity, and every principle of morality were thrown into the welter of seething chaos and cruelty

Are there many public sector employees on 75k a year in Italy?

I very much doubt so. 75k euros a year is a high salary in Italy, you have to be in middle/higher management at least for that kind of money.