House Price Crash Forum

Coin Invest Direct

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest absolutezero

I'm curious about the payment mechanism. They show prices in sterling so i it possible to pay in sterling? Or does payment have to be made in Euro?

I've used them and paid by bank transfer in sterling from a UK account.

HOLA443

I'm curious about the payment mechanism. They show prices in sterling so i it possible to pay in sterling? Or does payment have to be made in Euro?

Payment can be made in Sterling.

I did it as a "bill payment" via online banking from my current account. They send you the necessary details (account no., sort code) via an email. Very straightforward.

HOLA444
HOLA445

They are very good.

Delivery is usually within a few days, but they do have this notice atm

"Due to the high volume of orders to be shipped please note that deliveries might be delayed by several days. Thank you for your understanding."

Shouldn't be a problem though.

HOLA446
HOLA447

They are excellent. Everything is shipped in well wrapped shrink wrapping that does not look expensive. The only bit that may give it away is the weight, so watch the 1kg bars!

Every newish coin I have purchased from them has arrived in mint condition, only exception are old sovereigns. The 1kg silver bars have a few slight scratches but who cares.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Coininvestdirect are the best dealers I have ever used. 100 times better than bairds and not as greedy.The customer service is fab and no I dont work for them.

+1 although it is worth checking their prices against bairds/hatton garden metals before a purchase.

Also, if you have euros and a european address then you can buy silver vat free.

HOLA4410

The ordering service with CID is a lot better. Emails about parcels being shipped, UPS tracking codes etc.

Baird are OK but the whole ordering process seems less transparent when compared to CID.

HOLA4411

What is the inventory like at CID at the moment? Bit surprised to read stories like this:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=174803

Is it really that bad in Europe and if so:

1) why not buy in the UK?

2) Why hasn't the panic spread here?

3) Does anybody have a handle on what is driving this frenzied buying in Europe? Is it the media over there?

HOLA4412

What is the inventory like at CID at the moment?

It's picked up a bit from a couple of weeks ago. You now have a reasonable selection of 1 oz coins, before they were very thin on the ground.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I bought a 1kg koala from them, only problem I had was it was in an air tite container that allowed the coin to rattle about a bit. So there are a couple of small marks on it, actually thought about complaining but thought it maybe petty.

• 1 year later...
HOLA4416
HOLA4417