House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest absolutezero

Careful What You Wish For

OMG..cuts mean less unproductive work...shock horror.

we should employ farmers to grow weeds if we are all fully fed.

You and I have a different definition of the private sector.

Payment from the public purse is the public sector regardless of the definition of the employer.

Private sector employees sucking on the teat of the taxpayer who add no value are just as distasteful as public sector employees who suck from the same teat and add no value.

Private or public sector employees who are paid from the public purse and add value are to be applauded.

In my view, there are many more of the former than the latter.

Guest absolutezero

What's wrong with that? It'll hit the pseudo-private sector, not the true wealth creators (ie 20% of us).

I wonder how many of the private sector workers on here really do work in the private sector.

Quite a few I imagine.

Guest absolutezero

You and I have a different definition of the private sector.

Payment from the public purse is the public sector regardless of the definition of the employer.

Private sector employees sucking on the teat of the taxpayer who add no value are just as distasteful as public sector employees who suck from the same teat and add no value.

Private or public sector employees who are paid from the public purse and add value are to be applauded.

In my view, there are many more of the former than the latter.

I have used the phrase '"private" sector' in my posts for some time.

What's wrong with that? It'll hit the pseudo-private sector, not the true wealth creators (ie 20% of us).

excactly

Iv,e had enough of this pathetic vi darlek. I,m starting to think he is in fact a troll.

Here here my good man.

I was talking to a nice chap from the "private sector" the other day. His job was as a training provider to the prison service. Lots of cash, fancy new BMW. Doing very nicely suckling on that teat he was. Real private sector? No way!

Phoney

Edit to clarify car type

So you don't think you'll be unaffected then because you create wealth? How many of your 100% private customers do you think rely on the public sector for business? Personally I think a lot of the UK economy will be found wanting when the support of the govt is reduced.

Who issues the money again?

If only 20% generate any real wealth they are going to have to work very hard to make up the slack.

Guest absolutezero

excactly

Iv,e had enough of this pathetic vi darlek. I,m starting to think he is in fact a troll.

You mean you've had enough of someone who doesn't agree with you.

And it's DALEK. D A L E K.

The R is silent. As in "Basingstoke".

OMG..cuts mean less unproductive work...shock horror.

we should employ farmers to grow weeds if we are all fully fed.

Weedkiller maker loses contract. Weedkillieer becomes uneconomical to produce. Weedkiller employees lose job.

I have used the phrase '"private" sector' in my posts for some time.

I am not having a go at you.

As I have said before, I think that we are wasting a huge amount of money on many non-jobs to the detriment of the few who are actually delivering the services that our society needs from the public sector.

In an ideal world, I would prefer that the contributions towards the costs and the benefits received from the public sector are voluntary rather than forced but I am not so dogmatic that I cannot accept the reality that a well defined and correctly sized public sector is the least bad proxy for choice that is likely to exist.

Ludwig von Mises describes the endgame brought on by reckless expansion of credit: "There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit (debt) expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit (debt) expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

No one will escape.

Guest absolutezero

Now, now, don't be spiteful :lol:

I'm not saying "I told you so". Not yet anyway.

You mean you've had enough of someone who doesn't agree with you.

And it's DALEK. D A L E K.

The R is silent. As in "Basingstoke".

sorry havn,t watched it scince i was about 8, bet youv,e got the boxed dvd set and go to trekkie conventions tho. I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.

Guest absolutezero

sorry havn,t watched it scince i was about 8, bet youv,e got the boxed dvd set and go to trekkie conventions tho. I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.

Nah.

I don't do Star Trek.

...not a matter of what you wish for ...more what you can afford....a period of austerity is better than the harsh pain of the country going bust....these reductions whether part supplied by the private sector or not would normally be financed by the taxpayer....but the tax funds have run out and we are over borrowed ....cuts are not an option ...simply mandatory... :rolleyes:

I was hoping Prince 2 would be banned along with anyone who is a certified Prince 2 paper-shuffler.

Michael Jackson's son? :blink:

I fear I'm missing something here.

I'm not saying "I told you so". Not yet anyway.

You always seem to have a lot to say, what would you do then?

Guest absolutezero

I am not having a go at you.

As I have said before, I think that we are wasting a huge amount of money on many non-jobs to the detriment of the few who are actually delivering the services that our society needs from the public sector.

The only problem I have with this idea is the mass unemployment that follows it.

The private sector will not hire all the redundant public sector workers. Why? Hundreds of thousands of manufacturing and service jobs have been sent to India, never to return. Why? Extra profit. So the State steps in to mop up surplus unemployed.

I don't think our new Government has got that far in their thinking yet....

Guest absolutezero

You always seem to have a lot to say, what would you do then?

Nothing at all.

Leave it well alone.

See what happens.

Makes an interesting experiment if nothing else.

Or increase taxes on the private sector to punish its own greed. If it won't employ then it can pay for the State to do it.

Guest absolutezero

Prince 2 is a project management certification.

Phoney

I was thinking it was a dig at the Fergie/Prince Andrew scandal! :lol: