House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

Cheapest Photo Printing

What is the uber cheapest photo printing place in the UK? Ken is going to be Chief of a chippy end of June, and I thought the decor is crappy so I would print 1000 or so of my biking photos and glue them to the walls then get a big sheet of perspex to cover the walls to make it easier to clean and to protect the photos.

Your suggestions please.

Will I get a free pickled onion if I turn up on a motorbike?

I normally use photobox for any photo products, bulk printing is 5p per photo so that's something to aim below. There must be someone out there less fancy who will do it for 2-3p

But I would imagine its the perspex that will cost you unless you know someone in the trade to get a load of "scrap" panels.

Photobox does a decentish job for the price but if you are a bit of an 'artist' the colour management is a bit flakey, I've used them to print poster size shots and had to have them redone.

They also have regular special offers on (like 50% discounts) so it's actually worth putting up with the weekly spam.

For doing a whole wall you are better off using a photo wallpaper service. (google 'photo wallpaper' loads of places do it) You get your pics printed on to actual wallpaper.

Like this:

http://www.wallpapermurals.co.uk/mural-gallery/forest-and-woods/autumn-forest-mural/

£99 but look at size, 3.6m X 2.5m, and because it is proper wallpaper you don't end up having to spend money laminating or varnishing it.

I normally use photobox for any photo products, bulk printing is 5p per photo so that's something to aim below. There must be someone out there less fancy who will do it for 2-3p

But I would imagine its the perspex that will cost you unless you know someone in the trade to get a load of "scrap" panels.

Nah I can buy big 3x2 metre perspex panels for £12 I only want two of them,

It is one of those chippies where the range is on the side wall and the counter in the middle I want to cover the wall at the back as it is a hard to clean tile wall with lumpy patterned tiles.

Photobox does a decentish job for the price but if you are a bit of an 'artist' the colour management is a bit flakey, I've used them to print poster size shots and had to have them redone.

They also have regular special offers on (like 50% discounts) so it's actually worth putting up with the weekly spam.

For doing a whole wall you are better off using a photo wallpaper service. (google 'photo wallpaper' loads of places do it) You get your pics printed on to actual wallpaper.

Like this:

http://www.wallpapermurals.co.uk/mural-gallery/forest-and-woods/autumn-forest-mural/

£99 but look at size, 3.6m X 2.5m, and because it is proper wallpaper you don't end up having to spend money laminating or varnishing it.

Right haven't considered this but surely if photos for 6x4 are 5p each it will be cheaper to have lots of 5p photos and have them individually stuck to an MDF sheet?

I sort of want to caption them on the bottom too and also change the display now and again so a big wall paper is a no no.