House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest absolutezero

Are Hpcers Not Happy With The Spending Cuts Unveiled Today?

Guest absolutezero

I think people were expecting something radical.

Disappointed?

Still incredibly happy with a Tory Government?

Or do we feel it's all a bit wet?

Disappointed?

its just another spineless government,

If the Tories were there the last 13 years, the thing wold have turned out the same.

I mean, they had a Tory Government in the US, where, of course, it all started.

Disappointed?

We need 20 times that and Ozzy knows it. This is just a fig leaf. We'll probably get £6bn drip-fed every three months.

We need 20 times that and Ozzy knows it. This is just a fig leaf. We'll probably get £6bn drip-fed every three months.

Yeah there's plenty more to come. We won't really know until June 22 how bad they will chop.

Today is just the first kiss of the chef's knife on the cucumber, nipping the stalk off.

Wait for the blur of cuts to come...

Today is just the first kiss of the chef's knife on the cucumber, nipping the stalk off.

Wait for the blur of cuts to come...

Ive seen that video.....shaving ryans privates I think it was.

Disappointed?

It does seem a bit wet so far but of course one should be careful what one wishes for.

I will only be happy with a total revison to fhe social security system particularly with regard housing benefits. At the same time they could regenerate the economy by a massive social housing building program therefore eliimiating the need to prop up the BTL investors.

Guest absolutezero

If the Tories were there the last 13 years, the thing wold have turned out the same.

Bloody Hell!

Someone sees it.

What do you mean "if"? In many respects we've had a Tory Govt for the last 10 years here too. And I agree that things would have turned out the same.

Guest absolutezero

I'm just disappointed my popcorn will be soggy by the time if the real stuff happens :angry:

Surely you mean this.

For more than one reason....

Would a Conservative government have expanded the civil service by the thick end of a million jobs and regulated and leglislated a similar number of quips* jobs into existence?

* quips = quasi independent public sector: private sector jobs which exist as a result of government leglislation and regulation e.g. HIPs inspectors (now gone), parking enforcement goons, tax avoidance experts, workfare scamsters, etc.

The mad managerialist fashion for so-called "inflation targetting" -- the primary cause of the debt bubble - started in New Zealand.

Guest absolutezero

Would a Conservative government have expanded the civil service by the thick end of a million jobs and regulated and leglislated a similar number of quips* jobs into existence?

Yes. The alternative (mass unemployment) is too grave a thing for politicians for any hue.

Don't you get a weekly visit from a diversity outreach worker then?

p-o-p

:lol:

I heard they existed...but wouldn't know what one looked like and have no clue to what they do did.

* quips = quasi independent public sector: private sector jobs which exist as a result of government leglislation and regulation e.g. HIPs inspectors (now gone), parking enforcement goons, tax avoidance experts, workfare scamsters, etc.

The mad managerialist fashion for so-called "inflation targetting" -- the primary cause of the debt bubble - started in New Zealand.

The Conservatives did start the ban on people congregating by banning parties in fields, can't have people having a good time without state approval.

I think the Tories would have created psuedo private jobs via cheap money and leverage.

Nothing would have altered the fact the UK would be heavily in debt and no way out.

Disappointed?

I'm never satisifed when I've just had the appetiser. The main course should be a lot more substantial.

I'm never satisifed when I've just had the appetiser. The main course should be a lot more substantial.

I think its good that they have at least drawn a line in the sand and are setting about slowing the rate of increase of the deficit.

I can't help feeling that slashing 25-30% off & freezing the final salary pensions of senior civil servants (existing and prospective) would have much more of an impact than a recruitment freeze and would hurt old buffers who have already troughed and spent more than their fair share rather than youngsters looking for their 1st job.

Ive seen that video.....shaving ryans privates I think it was.

Yes, and I've still never got the DVD back.

About today's cuts - they seem fairly painless and innocuous. Junior Cuts. Cuts-lite. My First Cut by Fisher Price.

Two points, though:

1. Several million is to be cut from education. I seem to remember education, along with health, being one of the things the Tories promised to ringfence.

2. Cutting funding to a department doesn't just mean public sector workers losing their jobs. Many departments, councils, bodies, etc, outsource their work to the private sector. So many private sector jobs will be on the line in the harsh months and years ahead.

If the private sector doesn't think it'll feel "de pain", then it is very much wrong.

Guest absolutezero

1. Several million is to be cut from education. I seem to remember education, along with health, being one of the things the Tories promised to ringfence.

If you mean money is being taken away from the army of bureaucrats who never set foot in a classroom, then you'd be right.

Whether that will affect education or not is a different matter.

Guest happy?

Disappointed?

Georgie's cutting the patient's foot off - that should cure his ingrowing toenail.

If the bleeding won't stop it'll need radical surgery - perhaps the leg above the knee.

I worry that he'll diagnose migraine