House Price Crash Forum

The houses, now that's where Croydon excels, unfortunately only in how BAD houses are here.

One of the funniest things I've ever read on the web! :lol:

Pure classic!

I'd definitely agree with those who suggest that the problems are overstated, I live in the apparently "bad" north of the Borough, on the border of Crystal Palace / South Norwood. I'm a 15 minute walk from Crystal Palace Station, and from there can get to Victoria, London Bridge or Canary wharf in a little over 20 minutes.I've got four good sized parks within a 15 minute walk, with one pretty much next door. The Triangle at Crystal Palace has lots of nice independent restaurants, and some of the schools are fast improving.I've lived in my current property just over ten years, and have only has one moment in that time where I've felt event remotely uncomfortable in my local area.

Sure, it doesn't have the trendy appeal of some of the spots a little bit further into London, and it remains a little rough around the edges. But I have a spacious and comfortable 2 bedroom maisonette, and the value of it probably wouldn't buy a studio flat in some of the more fashionable areas no more than 3 or 4 miles away. That said, the character of the local area can change quite dramatically within a few streets, so you have to know the area well to get yourself in a nice spot. There are roads witha mile or so of me that you'd have to pay me to live in.