House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

Concept Car Behaves Like A Plant

right so it splits c02 into carbon and two oxygens, a a huge number of problems

Your exhaust gas is pure oxygen, which is explosive/fire risk

You also get carbon, do you store it in a pot

Splitting c02 requires energy, you don't get energy back.

Photosynthesis isn't very efficient you would be better off with normal photoelectric cells and skip all the splitting c02 noncence

As a concept it might look pretty and tick all the environmental marketing boxes but scientifically it doesn't exist, it has been dreamed up by a marketeer.

EDITED : Found more BS :

http://www.ecofriend...s-fresh-oxygen/

It has wind turbines in the wheels!?!? which gives more problems

inefficient as it they are too low and too small

They will increase drag when driving

You wont be able to use the existing motors as turbines so your going to have to have some clever gearing or have double the motors further adding to weight

The fact that there are turbines in the wheels confirms there isnt a single thread of reality or science about this concept

And what is this a about water, why does it need to take on water? Hmmm unless they plan on running a car on sugar created from photosynthesis?

Edited Again, is this what they are suggesting?, it even has the 2030 date...

http://filebox.vt.ed.../research2.html

http://www.engadget....-sugar-battery/

It is still BS as photosynthesis is 5% efficient as a maximum, and that is before you use the suger energy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthetic_efficiency

.......and carbon dioxide absorption and conversion through the bodywork. This last bit is made of a metal-organic framework that can apparently absorb carbon dioxide and water molecules from the air. Through the series of chemical reactions........
Wasn't this system used on the Mini Metro? Or am I confusing it with iron oxide? :lol::lol:

To me it looks like no more than a not-so-pretty model and an accompanying description of an idea. If you put wind turbines on the wheels, they'll add to weight and create more drag - so no net energy gain.

Wasn't this system used on the Mini Metro?  Or am I confusing it with iron oxide? :lol:  :lol:

Are you suggesting they are selling rusting as a feature? ;p

Guest Skinty

It's a shame that the designers thought it was a good idea to make it LOOK a bit like a plant as well, but hey...

Looks like a carnivorous plant to me

leaf_550x315.jpg

sarracenia_rubra03.jpg

Looks like it should be a goer. Downhill at least.

Surely that's 50% of the battle.

You can then get out and use the oxygen it has just "created" to push it uphill :lol:

The aerodynamics look a bit special.

It doesn't need to store the oxygen and CO2, it can just burn the CO2 in the oxygen. OK, that pushes it into zero instead of CO2 absorption, but it'll still work, right?

I find it hard to believe that this isn't a very deliberate joke.

It doesn't need to store the oxygen and CO2, it can just burn the CO2 in the oxygen. OK, that pushes it into zero instead of CO2 absorption, but it'll still work, right?

I find it hard to believe that this isn't a very deliberate joke.

Is this where we work out where dark matter comes from?

In a similar vein I have an idea for a concept car that takes in my own bodily waste and produces pure gold.

;-)

They could run the wheel mounted wind generators in reverse and blow away all the debt of the world.