House Price Crash Forum

Sense Prevails At The Gmc

Guest X-QUORK

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I have little knowledge about the case against him but to me it looked like he was going against the grain and fighting very powerful vested interests. Prehaps he should be thanked for the role he played in getting mercury removed from the MMR vacinations.

HOLA444

I have little knowledge about the case against him but to me it looked like he was going against the grain and fighting very powerful vested interests. Prehaps he should be thanked for the role he played in getting mercury removed from the MMR vacinations.

You've got you vaccine scares confused. In the US, there was a big (baseless) fuss about mercury; in the UK is was some sort of MMR-bowel disease - regressive autism thing, never fully quantified.

And I'm not quite sure how performing extremely unethical research on minors which does not support the conclusions you claim - whilst not bothering to declare that you are being paid large sums by lawyers to get the 'right' result - counts as 'sticking it to the man'.

Of course, big pharma stands to profit greatly if vaccination rates fall; the profits to come from treating the complications of vaccine preventable diseases vastly exceed the profits from vaccines.

HOLA445

And I'm not quite sure how performing extremely unethical research on minors which does not support the conclusions you claim - whilst not bothering to declare that you are being paid large sums by lawyers to get the 'right' result - counts as 'sticking it to the man'.

+1

Can't recall the precise details, but isn't this the chap that had an inability to distinguish between loooking random and being random. Thinks "random" means the specific pattern of being spread uniformly across the whole geographic area, and anything else is not random?

HOLA446

In the USA mercury was banned from vaccines but the UK decided to use up what we had on stock before banning it.

I am also very sceptical when this happens

Parents of children allegedly damaged by MMR are demanding an investigation into an extraordinary family connection of the judge who blocked their legal aid.

The FOIA Centre can reveal that the high court judge who made the devastating ruling on legal aid in the group claim for damages has a brother who sits on the board of a drugs company embroiled in the litigation.

link

With regards to whether the MMR has caused or progressed autism, Imho possibly. If you have a young child that starts acting in a very odd or unusual way within 24 hours of getting the MMR vaccine you would question it, if you come into contact with other parents of autistic kids that have had the same experience you question it more.

If you see something with your own eyes but the authorities tell you that you didn't, you fight.

HOLA447

With regards to whether the MMR has caused or progressed autism, Imho possibly....

Wakefield previously published research with also linked the single measles vaccine to autism (which was also woefully shite from a scientific perspective) and yet he supported parents' right to choose the single vaccine over the triple vaccine. Why? As for links with companies throwing integrity into doubt, if you apply this argument to a judge with family links to a company then you should also look into Wakefield's links with a nutritionals company targeted at the same area of interest.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Don't get me wrong I'm not supporting Dr Wakefield, I'm supporting the right for parents to be able to question concerns over what is injected into their kids. Which they weren't.

But the parents were able to ask questions. Furthermore they did and many exercised their right to refuse to have their kids vaccinated. Unfortunately they answers they were being given by Wakefield were wrong and the decisions they made about having their kids vaccinated were based on false information.

HOLA4410

MMR doc struck off register - BBC report

This guy has blood on his hands, he should be jailed IMO.

agreed

a nice summary here:

http://tallguywrites.livejournal.com/148012.html

Wakefield previously published research with also linked the single measles vaccine to autism (which was also woefully shite from a scientific perspective) and yet he supported parents' right to choose the single vaccine over the triple vaccine. Why?

His having patented a single vaccination might have something to do with it....... :ph34r:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Surely a career move into climate change research is in order ?

That's precisely why I have fears about the decision to strike him off. From what I've read, he did engage in some pretty unscrupulous practices and even if he hadn't been struck off, surely the chances of him ever getting a research grant ever again are next to zero. On the other hand, the fact that he's not a competent or honest researcher doesn't necessarily make him unsuitable for bogstandard treatment work. The fact that he has been struck off carries two major risks: 1 - that it'll deter whistleblowers with a genuine case and honest motivations for putting their heads above the parapet, and 2 - that it'll enable him to play the martyr card, engendering unjustified mistrust of the medical profession among the public at large.

HOLA4413

But the parents were able to ask questions. Furthermore they did and many exercised their right to refuse to have their kids vaccinated. Unfortunately they answers they were being given by Wakefield were wrong and the decisions they made about having their kids vaccinated were based on false information.

They could ask questions yes, like us saying house prices were to high and HPI was bad, as for their rights to refuse, No Jab No school, link pressure was applied.

HOLA4414
Guest X-QUORK

They could ask questions yes, like us saying house prices were to high and HPI was bad, as for their rights to refuse, No Jab No school, link pressure was applied.

Trouble is, there are some people who won't believe what they're told regardless. They're called TFHers.

HOLA4415

He's been working in the U.S. for years anyway, apparently. He hasn't got a practice or a job here.

I seem to remember reading that the age at which autism symptoms become apparent is approx. the same age at which the MMR vaccine is given. This gave a lot of creedance to mothers who insisted that the 2 were connected.

HOLA4416

His having patented a single vaccination might have something to do with it....... :ph34r:

I'm over 30 and was given a single Measles vacine when I was 6 months old. He would have had have been granted a patent and have it all tested by the time he was about 20, so I think this assertion is also complete rubbish.

This case highlights why single vacines should be provided, and parents should have the choice. If governments try and force the hand of people and then things go wrong, supicions will always be roused.

HOLA4417
Guest X-QUORK

This case highlights why single vacines should be provided

Why does it? There's no evidence to suggest the combined vaccine is in any way harmful. No doubt single vaccines are more expensive, in cost, organisation and man hours, so which services would you cut to pay for your illogically cautious approach?

HOLA4418

If you see something with your own eyes but the authorities tell you that you didn't, you fight.

Trouble is, there are some people who won't believe what they're told regardless. They're called TFHers.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago. :D

HOLA4419
Guest X-QUORK

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago. :D

Ok. What did your eyes see?

HOLA4420

I'm over 30 and was given a single Measles vacine when I was 6 months old. He would have had have been granted a patent and have it all tested by the time he was about 20, so I think this assertion is also complete rubbish.

:blink:

Someone asked hypothetically why he campaigned for single vaccines when he himself had linked the single measles vaccine to Autism.

I postulated that the fact that he himself had patented a single vaccine might have something to do with it.

What that has to do with your vaccine experience as a child isn't clear to me.

HOLA4421

If you have a young child that starts acting in a very odd or unusual way within 24 hours of getting the MMR vaccine you would question it, if you come into contact with other parents of autistic kids that have had the same experience you question it more.

Ok. What did your eyes see?

My eye's have seen nothing first hand I'm just trying to put myself in the parents shoes. It must have been very hard for them being brushed off. I don't know if the MMR is responsible, I have an open mind on these things but I wouldn't risk my kids life on what the Labour Gov told me.

HOLA4422
Guest X-QUORK

but I wouldn't risk my kids life on what the Labour Gov told me.

So you would've seen advice from any NHS GP as Labour Government advice? How do you feel about the death of children from Measles as a direct result of the lack of take-up of the MMR jab?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

OTOH if you see nonsense with your own eyes and the press tell you to panic, do you panic? Many people did. And more kids caught measles as a direct result.

The problem was that this doctor had much more vested interest than the authorities. Nobody talked about that cos its so trendy to assume the authorities always lie. A perfect example of how to lead some people around by the nose. A standard tactic to blame it all on the govt, people fall for it all the time.

HOLA4425
Guest X-QUORK

Worrying ffs

But you still see it as legitimate to not give a child the MMR jab because of unfounded fears? Do you not see the lack of uniformity in your thinking?

Archived