House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FernandoMorientes

Anthea Turner And Grant Bovey Thread

I especially enjoyed this from the torygraph article.

"All good stuff, until of course the buy-to-let market collapses, and those "average portfolio owners" see their buy-to-let portfolios collapse around their ears, saddled with debt?

Not so, says the 45-year-old. He argues the fact that property ownership is inbred in the UK psyche, mixed with a stable outlook for long-term interest rates, combined with the fact that people actually enjoy owning property, means the buy-to-let sector is "here to stay"."

What a visionary. Now, next can we have the Wilsons. This is the Hors D'Oeuvre, the Wilsons are the main course. :P

Let's face it -- that guy was the ARCHETYPE kind of person to become a BTL Landlord -- Greedy, slimey, oily, insincere, smarmy, two-faced, egotistical.......... the list is endless....... Essentially -- the guy is a C * NT.

:lol::lol::lol: Maybe he could be the next Pope :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe we should have an anthea watch thread.....coz i dont think itll be long before shes back on the market. :lol:

If things get too bad, she might even be on her back down the market.

Her wedding stunt does suggest an 'anything for money' get up (down) and go attitude.

Let's face it -- that guy was the ARCHETYPE kind of person to become a BTL Landlord -- Greedy, slimey, oily, insincere, smarmy, two-faced, egotistical.......... the list is endless....... Essentially -- the guy is a C * NT.

Add stupid and deluded.

And genuinely unpleasant to view in the OK! magazine... yuck that was a horrid queasy moment for me seeing them with those chocolate bars. Facinating in a "this is so goddamned ickky that i can't take my eyes off it" way...

You would though, wouldn't you.

I deffinately would, I bet shes a right filthy little minx in bed. She is in my head any way :)

Why am I not upset by this news? Does this explain why HBOS is auctioning off hundreds of properties?

Does this explain why HBOS is auctioning off hundreds of properties?

Does this explains why HBOS is auctioning off hundreds of properties? BUST.........

Does this explain why HBOS is auctioning off hundreds of properties?

Does this explains why HBOS is auctioning off hundreds of properties? BUST.........

Been chatting with Mrs. Crash on this subject this morning. At what point do the banks just auction the repossessions for whatever they can, and the hell with the protocol of having to prove that they tried to get as much as they could for them?

The government have proved that they are prepared to bend / rewrite / throw out the rule book to get through this, so I can imagine that the banks being given the nod that there would be no repercussions.

Guest mattsta1964
Anthea turner loses BTL Empire - Daily Mail

TV presenter Anthea Turner’s husband has handed over his property empire to a bank, becoming the latest high-profile victim of the credit crunch.

Grant Bovey’s Imagine Homes, once Britain’s largest buy-to-let business, has been taken over by HBoS.

Mr Bovey, 47, is now just a consultant to a new company called Imagine Homes

A source said Mr Bovey had been hit hard by the ‘shattering’ of everything he had built up. ‘Grant believed his company was arguably the biggest in his sector in the country and to see that shattered is upsetting. He would be inhuman not to be upset.

‘But he had to do it. It was for strategic reasons, giving the new company a clean piece of paper to go forward. It is unbelievable what has happened to the buy-to-let sector and this had to be done to protect the brand.’

It is a remarkable fall from grace for Mr Bovey, who in 2005 thought nothing of spending millions of pounds all over the country, including Wapping, Woolwich and Kew in London and Manchester city centre, making some of the biggest property purchases ever seen.

Six months ago, he reacted furiously to suggestions that financial difficulties had led him and Ms Turner, 48, to cancel their annual summer charity ball.

He said: ‘I am sitting in our £5million chateau in Megeve in the Alps. I will sue anyone who says that Imagine Homes is in financial difficulty. We are 20 per cent owned by HBoS and we have huge profits that have yet to materialise.’

But that was before the credit crunch began to bite.

Imagine Homes buys properties from developers, fits them out and sells them on to investors with guaranteed rental income, also taking a management fee of ten per cent of the rent for two years. At one point, Mr Bovey spoke of his hopes of a £1billion turnover.

But house sales have fallen dramatically and the Council of Mortgage Lenders suggests gross mortgage lending is down 20 per cent year-on-year.

Imagine Homes had a turnover of £53million for the financial year to spring 2007, down £3million on the previous year.

But documents show it made a loss of £6,429,926, after a loss of £2,816,807 the previous year.

Mr Bovey left the mother of his three girls for Ms Turner. The rights to pictures of their wedding in 2000 were bought by OK! They were criticised after one showed them holding chocolate being given away in the magazine.

Imagine Homes and HBoS declined to comment last night.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.... :blink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2948920...27s-shadow.html

"I've come from a background of media, where you don't survive unless you're creative. I applied that to the property sector. I didn't reinvent the wheel but I changed the shape of it."

Bovey's new investment strategy.

http://www.macalester.edu/mathcs/images/IM...PRES.edited.jpg

What deluded crap. I changed the shape of the wheel? Hmmm. Square wheel. Like the concept. Bit more stimulations than the round one.

I think it's a shame really.

I fancy Anthea Turner, she has the sort of chin you can rest your ****s on.

And I'd have liked to have gone round her house for tea, though not being such a snappy dresser, I'm sure she would have shown me her back door. :o

I wouldn't have minded that!!! at all. :lol: