House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FernandoMorientes

Anthea Turner And Grant Bovey Thread

Legal Disclaimer to Mr Grant Bovey's lawyers

I must emphasise that at no time on this thread did I infer that Mr Bovey was a "bankrupt". However, I believe the Daily Telegraph has recently insinuated that Mr Bovey's company may be experiencing financial difficulties. In light of this I can infer from this information that Mr Bovey could possibly be facing bankruptcy in the future. However, I would accept that this would be mere speculation on my part and I am sure that Mr Bovey's finances are currently in good order.

So it was with sadness that the news of Inside Track’s demise was received. While I was never a fan of its model, it cannot be denied that it was very good at what it did.

this snippet possibly already been commented on, but seriously

WTF??

I bet he is having a few sleepless nights now. :(:(:(:(:(

Shouldn't that have read: I bet he is having a few sleepless nights now. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Journo "So what happened Anthea?"

Anthea "It was a bucking horse!"

Yeah right.....

I dare say someone will be sued. Handy in these recessionary times.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Did you write 'I hear Grant Bovey is bankrupt!! '?

Oh, you did.

Just wanted to make 100% sure. ;)

Just to add to their troubles Anthea's been knee-capped by her horse:

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...rs-kneecap.html

Poor Anthea. I am glad to hear it was her horse. Just imagine this alternative, but obviously completely made up scenario.

"Weeelll Helllooo Miss Turner, meee weee lassie. Weeee neeed to talk with the laird of this here house."

"Can I see a your identity card?" ....... "ah HBos, can you just wait here while I fetch the accountant"

"Noh, that will not be strictly necessary , as I'm not a man of finance from the noble scottish bank."

"But your card says HBoS"

"Aye, Head Butts o'Scotland. SEE YOU JIMMY"

Just to add to their troubles Anthea's been knee-capped by her horse:

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...rs-kneecap.html

She was returning to a hospital close to the couple’s £5million £4.7million £2.5million £1million Surrey estate for an outpatient appointment on Thursday after undergoing reconstructive surgery on her knee last Tuesday.

She was returning to a hospital close to the couple’s £5million £4.7million £2.5million £1million Surrey estate for an outpatient appointment on Thursday after undergoing reconstructive surgery on her knee last Tuesday.

It is laughable the way they shoehorn a fictitious property price into an unrelated article. You wouldn't write "she was returning to a hospital close by to her house where she has securely accumulated £4m in physical gold" so why stick in a property valuation?

Shame about Anthea's knee btw.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Just to add to their troubles Anthea's been knee-capped by her horse

Damn it, those equines play for keeps don't they?

Was she late on her loan payments or something?

gangster~horse.jpg

It is laughable the way they shoehorn a fictitious property price into an unrelated article. You wouldn't write "she was returning to a hospital close by to her house where she has securely accumulated £4m in physical gold" so why stick in a property valuation?

Shame about Anthea's knee btw.

WOW, I didnt realise what a glittering star she was/is. As RFD says, she has been rather accident prone recently.

Guest Bart of Darkness
The former golden girl of the small screen insists she is now content to stay at home with her husband Grant Bovey and concentrate on charity work.

Well charity does begin at home.

(Only kidding Grant, if you read this.

Please don't sue me!)

Well charity does begin at home.

(Only kidding Grant, if you read this.

Please don't sue me!)

freebies?

Huge full-page ad for Imagine Homes on back of ST property section today, offering to cover your mortgage payments for the first 5 years if you're kind enough to buy one of their properties.

Erm, I think he may be allegedly in financial difficulties (according to the Daily Telegraph) - all though I wouldn't know for sure. ;)

Are you alleging that Imagine Homes Limited are bankrupt or that Grant Bovey is bankrupt? Just to clarify as these are two distinct legal entities. :lol:

Are you alleging that Imagine Homes Limited are bankrupt or that Grant Bovey is bankrupt? Just to clarify as these are two distinct legal entities. :lol:

I am alleging nothing - I think it is the Daily Telegraph that has started the speculation. We shall see if Mr Bovey now wishes to take action against them. ;)

Anthea turner loses BTL Empire - Daily Mail

TV presenter Anthea Turner’s husband has handed over his property empire to a bank, becoming the latest high-profile victim of the credit crunch.

Grant Bovey’s Imagine Homes, once Britain’s largest buy-to-let business, has been taken over by HBoS.

Mr Bovey, 47, is now just a consultant to a new company called Imagine Homes

A source said Mr Bovey had been hit hard by the ‘shattering’ of everything he had built up. ‘Grant believed his company was arguably the biggest in his sector in the country and to see that shattered is upsetting. He would be inhuman not to be upset.

‘But he had to do it. It was for strategic reasons, giving the new company a clean piece of paper to go forward. It is unbelievable what has happened to the buy-to-let sector and this had to be done to protect the brand.’

It is a remarkable fall from grace for Mr Bovey, who in 2005 thought nothing of spending millions of pounds all over the country, including Wapping, Woolwich and Kew in London and Manchester city centre, making some of the biggest property purchases ever seen.

Six months ago, he reacted furiously to suggestions that financial difficulties had led him and Ms Turner, 48, to cancel their annual summer charity ball.

He said: ‘I am sitting in our £5million chateau in Megeve in the Alps. I will sue anyone who says that Imagine Homes is in financial difficulty. We are 20 per cent owned by HBoS and we have huge profits that have yet to materialise.’

But that was before the credit crunch began to bite.

Imagine Homes buys properties from developers, fits them out and sells them on to investors with guaranteed rental income, also taking a management fee of ten per cent of the rent for two years. At one point, Mr Bovey spoke of his hopes of a £1billion turnover.

But house sales have fallen dramatically and the Council of Mortgage Lenders suggests gross mortgage lending is down 20 per cent year-on-year.

Imagine Homes had a turnover of £53million for the financial year to spring 2007, down £3million on the previous year.

But documents show it made a loss of £6,429,926, after a loss of £2,816,807 the previous year.

Mr Bovey left the mother of his three girls for Ms Turner. The rights to pictures of their wedding in 2000 were bought by OK! They were criticised after one showed them holding chocolate being given away in the magazine.

Imagine Homes and HBoS declined to comment last night.