House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

Osbone You "wet"

Mrs T would call him that & so do i!

I bet he is a Marxist in drag...............you said REAL cuts...........You Wag!

Mike

What a complete and utter farce! No details given just some very large numbers from some very large budgets. These are just like New Year resolutions - I'm going to cut my spending on PC games, booze, the kids, etc etc. But they never happen. GO and VC hope that as its summer and world cup is on nobody will ask for any details. Then it all gets forgotten about and they just hope debt will go away.

Plus they bottled it completely by not presenting it to Parliament, where they could have been challenged. The first question for any department has to be - what exactly are we expected to cut. Its all very well talking about cuts but it much harder to tell people that they're sacked. GO should stop talking about cuts and say what he means - he is going to sack 250,000 people. Then see how that goes down!

I want this Bulsh*t over RIGHT now!

I want HPC!

I Want high interest rates

I Want the DHSS scum....."Relocted"

I want BMW/Merc/4X4 Scum driving 8 year old Vauxhall's

I want it all, i want it all & i want it NOW!

Mike

I want HPC!

Mike

"You can't always get what you want.. You get what you need." M. Jagger & K. Richards.

I want HPC!

Mike

Definitely frothing then! :D

Hope Soros seen it, he attack the £ very soon (For Gods sake hurry!)

1) yes, the pound needs to be weaker since that's the fastest way for real property prices to adjust, which desperately needs to happen

2) however, this time around the BoE isn't forced into the role of a "sucker counterparty" that has to defend a set, unsustainable ERM level. Soros would now have to find counterparties in the marketplace.

(typo)

Edited by huw

1) yes, the pound needs to be weaker since that's the fastest way for real property prices to adjust, which desperately needs to happen

2) however, this time around the BoE isn't forced into the role of a "sucker counterparty" that has to defend a set, unsustainable ERM level. Soros would now have to find counterparties in the marketplace.

(typo)

How is currency devaluation going to make houses any cheaper? Unless we get huge wage inflation it will mean that other essential things will just cost one hell of a lot more, meaning houses remain just as unaffordable.

How is currency devaluation going to make houses any cheaper? Unless we get huge wage inflation it will mean that other essential things will just cost one hell of a lot more, meaning houses remain just as unaffordable.

Run on pound = interest rates hiked up = sudden wave of repossessions (with no mortgage relief schemes available) = massive hpc (40% down from peak maybe)

Which would potentially screw savers but not necessarily cash holding STRs...

On the downside, it could also mean the collapse of the UK economy... "I only wanted a cheap(er) house not the end of the bloody world"

People with the skills and inclination to create real tradeable wealth will be able to command wage rises.

People who are taking in one another's washing, won't.

Houses will get cheaper for the former group. This is a rebalancing of incentives that the economy desperately needs.

People with the skills and inclination to create real tradeable wealth will be able to command wage rises.
Like being good enough at kicking a ball to be paid a fortune to do so by a Russian multi-billionaire?

Like being good enough at kicking a ball to be paid a fortune to do so by a Russian multi-billionaire?

I expect the Russian wants a bit more than that -- like having an audience with the means to pay for the spectacle he provides.

The amount of wealth that then flows to the footballer and the billionnaire must depend on how much the audience is willing and able to pay ... if their livelihoods come from servicing one another's retail and finance needs, it won't be as much as if they're creating real wealth and earning hard currency. Which is as it should be.

When the Flag drops, the bulsh*t stops

Mike Hailwood

Mike

Nope.

When I checked this out in the past (prior to having it on the base of a number plate) I discovered that it's origin is Sir Jack Brabham,

allegedly he called his biography 'when the flag drops'

he always regretted not including his famous punchline in the title. :unsure::unsure:

I want HPC!

Mike

Oh your'e going to get it. Your'e going to get it and much, much more besides. :ph34r: Lets see how you feel about wet/dry issues in 1981 2012.

What a complete and utter farce! No details given just some very large numbers from some very large budgets. These are just like New Year resolutions - I'm going to cut my spending on PC games, booze, the kids, etc etc. But they never happen. GO and VC hope that as its summer and world cup is on nobody will ask for any details. Then it all gets forgotten about and they just hope debt will go away.

Plus they bottled it completely by not presenting it to Parliament, where they could have been challenged. The first question for any department has to be - what exactly are we expected to cut. Its all very well talking about cuts but it much harder to tell people that they're sacked. GO should stop talking about cuts and say what he means - he is going to sack 250,000 people. Then see how that goes down!

They said a recruitment freeze. Personally I'd be sacking people. That will go down absolutely fine with all the people who aren't sacked.