House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Debt Bubbles Continue To Roil World Markets

http://emsnews.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/debt-bubbles-continue-to-roil-world-markets/

This depression is behaving nearly exactly like all previous depressions in the last 250 years. All the modern systems set up by central banks and international financiers and an army of economics professors has done absolutely nothing to change the essential course of capitalist credit bubble collapses. All the creaking machinery set up to prevent these events failed totally and this is due entirely to human nature which operates very stubbornly on certain principals which seem unchanging in how it works since this is due to how our brains operate on a fundamental level.

One reason why I keep telling stories about the Cave of Wealth and Death is to illuminate this dark area of the brain which is where the electrical brain processes that act according to very strict evolutionary laws, operates. That is, we evolved to behave in this manner which seems extremely powerful, as a collective as well as individual force. The hazards, temptations and risks we fall prey to are things which have been hard wired into our brains to the point, one could suggest this ‘boom/bust/yin/yang’ cycle is the definition of the human collective.

The wreckage from the latest credit bubble (promises to pay tomorrow what is borrowed today carried to the nth degree leading to infinity) cannot be simply swept aside. Even if the good old ‘zero it all out via bankruptcy’ rule is very tempting, the reality of this is a nightmare: people die. Often, huge, immense numbers of people perish. This is why the Cave of Wealth is also very much the Cave of Death. It is a place to fear, not run heedlessly inside to pick up all the alluring goodies scattered about the entrance!

I choose to view all economics matters via the perspective of mythological characters based on thousands of years of humans telling each other stories about the elusive but harsh nature of how greed and lust for eternal life really works. That is, in ancient times, people worked very hard to figure out how to live forever. The Pharaohs of ancient Egypt tried all sorts of physical schemes whereby they could amass immense amounts of wealth and then carry it all off for all eternity via building elaborate tombs for themselves. These ‘arks’ would then merrily sail into the cosmic sunset, filled to the brim with every possible thing a mortal might want, forever. Eternal life!

This proved to be totally insane. Relentlessly, no matter how queer the devices and clever the means, these instruments of preserving wealth and power forever are being raided and carried off and the dead bodies of the fools who tried this system are put on display to be gawked at by mere masses of ‘peasants’. The cruelty of these systems is also obvious: anyone involved in the actual burials of these manic rulers were killed! To keep the ruler’s location secret. All over the planet, the same delusional belief in eternal physical life via burying or hiding the ruler with all his loot and then killing the poor saps who bury these monsters, this was played out over and over again.

Tribes which had no contact with each other over space and time, that is, could not know of each other’s schemes to bury bodies and hide all the ‘wealth’ of the dead rulers, yet again and again, the same stupid trick was used. If there was no fabulous wealth, still, the favored horse or wife would be interred with the cruel, greedy dead person. In China, desperate retainers convinced rulers to bury ceramic armies instead of living soldiers! But in ancient cities in the Mesopotamian valley, entire armies and all consorts of the dead ruler were murdered so they could ‘serve’ him forever in the Land of the Dead.

And many of these hidden dark graves were dug up and put on display! We can’t resist digging up the dead anymore than we can resist trying to live forever in some fashion. These death displays have been replaced by spiritual eternal life in various ways so the entire issue no longer depends on amassing great wealth and then burying it again when dead. But the concept of carrying off wealth into eternity is very much a powerful central force within our brains.

Now on to the news: Europe has dominated the planet for many, many generations. At the very height of this domination when much of the planet was in the firm grip of the European rulers, they suddenly turned on each other and what was supposed to be a minor operation blew up into a World War and this power was still so immense and the empires so great, this led to a second World War and even then, thanks to the NATO alliance with the US, Europe still was able to dominate the world via the US empire. This rule is coming to a final end.

The immense superstructure of culture, intellectual achievement, social engineering and financial creation is eroding away as energy and change shifts relentlessly back to Asia. Even within Asia, the main industrial power, Japan, which embraced energetic change after 1865, is in steep moral, physical and cultural decline after lording it over much of Asia for 150 years (with a slight blip after being defeated in WWII).

Both Europe and Japan can’t understand why things are going so badly wrong. Yet, if we look closely at their cultures and societies, it is easy to see the signs of rot. The idle poor grow in numbers and the ladder out of that pit seems to be gone along with any sense of needing to develop operational tribes, the fundamental basis for human organization since the days when we were apes in the savannas of Africa two million years ago.

As the ability to form families collapse, the xenophobic ethnic belief systems increase. This is due to unease: humans need desperately to have some sort of tribal system due to our evolution! We cannot be ‘alone’ except if we are going insane. People who hide off in the hills, alone, are insane. That is, they are anti-evolutionary and have removed themselves from society and whole societies do this sometimes. Such as the fall of the Roman Empire led to a rash of hermits/sexless cloistered living systems springing up all over the place as the economic and political situation deteriorated badly. On the other hand, the lusty, sexually active, growing hordes of tribes on the outskirts of civilization were full of energy and a desire to seize everything which is why they quickly overran the Roman Empire.

More at the link.

The pyramids were built by Human slaves as landing pads for alien spaceships. The Humans rebelled and many thousands of years later we had Colonel Jack O'Neil, Samantha Carter, paper clips, phish ice cream and reality television.

I believe there is a Stargate buried in my back garden :blink:

Forgeive my ignorance, but perhaps you could explain why he should be taken seriously?

I see no reason to do that, no.

perhaps you should read all things with an open, if skeptical mind and take on board what seems reasonable.

I see no reason to do that, no.

perhaps you should read all things with an open, if skeptical mind and take on board what seems reasonable.

I've read it with an open mind but skeptical mind, and come to the conclusion that its a load

of tosh. :D

The pyramids were built by Human slaves as landing pads for alien spaceships. The Humans rebelled and many thousands of years later we had Colonel Jack O'Neil, Samantha Carter, paper clips, phish ice cream and reality television.

I believe there is a Stargate buried in my back garden :blink:

IS there? what makes you beleive that?

I've read it with an open mind but skeptical mind, and come to the conclusion that its a load

of tosh. :D

Well given that you didn't even notice the author is female, I'm going to take your opinion as being not worth all that much when it comes to the realm of reading comprehension and critical thinking.

Well given that you didn't even notice the author is female, I'm going to take your opinion as being not worth all that much when it comes to the realm of reading comprehension and critical thinking.

modern man is fully evolved.

woman more so.

Its still tosh.

And perhaps you need to learn that not everybody has to agree with you. :D

Its still tosh.

And perhaps you need to learn that not everybody has to agree with you. :D

I agree it's mostly tosh.

I just thought I would mock your dismissive rudeness a little, don't fret about it.

You are right that nobody has to agree with me, but as I align my opinions with the facts it doesn't matter. You can either agree with the facts and the truth or you can be wrong.

:)

I agree it's mostly tosh.

I just thought I would mock your dismissive rudeness a little, don't fret about it.

You are right that nobody has to agree with me, but as I align my opinions with the facts it doesn't matter. You can either agree with the facts and the truth or you can be wrong.

:)

Hmm..its not dismissive or rude rude to say that you believe something is tosh, its and opinion. It is dismissive and rude to

tell someone they lack critical facilities or the ability to read properly (as you did).

As for truth and fact, I wish I as confident of my own abilities of recognising when I see them as you obviously believe you are :D

Hmm..its not dismissive or rude rude to say that you believe something is tosh, its and opinion. It is dismissive and rude to

tell someone they lack critical facilities or the ability to read properly (as you did).

You didn't notice the author was female. This is a fact which demonstrates your reading comprehension isn't up to snuff. You also demonstraed a lack of critical thinking because you asked me to do the work of thinking for you. Aren't facts wonderful?

As for truth and fact, I wish I as confident of my own abilities of recognising when I see them as you obviously believe you are :D

Belief?

No.

Facts.

:blink:

Have you ever been out in Newcastle on a Saturday night?

Blackpool I have.....I only commented to keep the peace TBH, cos really there are only two things that women are bad at...everything they say and everything they say we should do.

You didn't notice the author was female. This is a fact which demonstrates your reading comprehension isn't up to snuff. You also demonstraed a lack of critical thinking because you asked me to do the work of thinking for you. Aren't facts wonderful?

Belief?

No.

Facts.

Yawn. You spelt "demonstrated" wrong. That shows that your spelling is not up to scratch.

Aren't facts wonderful?

If you have no concept of the fact that truth, belief and even "facts" (outside the realms of mathematics and physics) can be entirely subjective then you are looking at a life in a very strange way.

Yawn. You spelt "demonstrated" wrong. That shows that your spelling is not up to scratch.

Aren't facts wonderful?

If you have no concept of the fact that truth, belief and even "facts" (outside the realms of mathematics and physics) can be entirely subjective then you are looking at a life in a very strange way.

If you think something is 'tosh' then it would be good to understand why and what parts you particularly found to be 'tosh'. That way at least we can decide if your point is valid and agree / disagree and form more valuable opinions by building on your own. Just describing something as 'tosh' doesn't achieve anything.

If you think something is 'tosh' then it would be good to understand why and what parts you particularly found to be 'tosh'. That way at least we can decide if your point is valid and agree / disagree and form more valuable opinions by building on your own. Just describing something as 'tosh' doesn't achieve anything.

thats just tosh, or nosh, as some say...

I never claimed to be a great speller. :)

Aren't facts wonderful?

Yep.

Nope, just accurately.

As you have just prioven objective truth, why don't you admit it?

I never claimed to be a great speller. :)

Yep.

Nope, just accurately.

As you have just prioven objective truth, why don't you admit it?

Sorry Injin, you too have just descended into the world of Tosh! :D