House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PulpFiction

Beg, Borrow Or Steal.. I Have To Have It

Don't you think the grounds would be too much to manage? How about a 2 bed flat?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-804...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

5 minutes search turned up 4 properties for around £150 million, this will change the averages

No wonder sales are down but prices appear to be rising

talk-to-us@rightmove.co.uk

Wow, i'm shocked at this. You would expect it to be a small error, but how mould someone make such as stupid mistake?

I really think agents are actually doing this to change the averages... maybe?

But would this work???

Rightmove:

"To calculate average asking prices for a given week or month, Rightmove.co.uk takes the initial asking price for all new instructions on the site during the period, but excluding any properties that are atypical*.

* in practice this means unusually expensive properties that are likely to distort the data"

So it looks like it wouldn't work!

Rightmove:

"To calculate average asking prices for a given week or month, Rightmove.co.uk takes the initial asking price for all new instructions on the site during the period, but excluding any properties that are atypical*.

* in practice this means unusually expensive properties that are likely to distort the data"

So it looks like it wouldn't work!

Whoa! this means they could exclude very cheap houses - once again potentially masking any house price falls (particularly in the bottom end of the market). How do they set these levels I wonder?

I wonder if some journalist out there would like to pick up on the potential story we have here.