House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Sunday Afternoon - And Yet No Doom Articles Posted?

Are the various 'end of the World' bloggers on sites such as marketoracle, denninger and so on getting exhausted - perhaps doomsters' writing cramp maybe.

Usually by lunchtime on a Sunday we have at least 2 or 3 threads posted linking to articles saying that it is all about to get very messy.

What's up with you people - out house hunting on this sunny day? B)

Too hot to gold ramp? Don't worry it'll rain again soon.

Contrarian indicator?

Black Monday?

Incidentally if someone calls a contrarian indicator does it then become a counter-contrary indicator? :blink:

Guest absolutezero

Nice weather means there's something sinister brewing behind it. :ph34r:

Time to stick "Great Depression" into Google and click the News link.

New Government same as the old one.

Wm Haig, unable to sleep with fellow ministers on their visit to Afghanistan as the base was attacked by "the taliban", comments as reported by the BBC, "this sort of thing underlines why its so important the British are here, this is a war zone and we are keeping the peace".

totally goes over his head that the locals are attacking an invading force.

Bring the Boys home.

Been out leafleting to drum up business....havent done so in a while but surprised when I happened accross a large new Industrial Estate..great, i thought, but dismay set in as most of the units were taken up by healthcare offices and lawyers.

the dozen units that were for industry had two occupants....shipping Companies.

still, managed to find 100 premises that were suitable.

I had to laugh outside one of the Health buildings.....the doorentry system....looked like that traffic light monument at Canary wharf. dozens of buttons to press on several boxes, all mounted hotchpotch on one column.

We have a nice story from the "News of the world" on how corrupt the royal family is:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/822206/Duchess-of-York-Sarah-Ferguson-plots-to-sell-access-to-Prince-Andrew.html

THE Duchess of York is shamelessly plotting to sell access to her trade envoy ex-hubby Prince Andrew for £500,000.

Greedy Sarah Ferguson, 50, was filmed on Tuesday night taking a $40,000 (£27,000) cash down-payment from an undercover News of the World reporter.

Unknown to the Prince, Fergie PROMISED to introduce us to him, CLAIMED he'd help fix lucrative deals and DEMANDED a cut of all profits. She vowed: "Look after me and he'll look after you. . . you'll get it back tenfold. I can open any door you want."

As the Duchess of York set out her stall, she blatantly put a price tag on an introduction to Britain's unsuspecting trade envoy Prince, opening the door to lucrative international deals.

Behind her ex's back, Fergie claimed to have discussed it with him and lied: "Andrew said to me, 'Tell him £500,000.'

It's about time to get rid of these scroungers...

Global Macro Analysis May 2010 newsletter just about tops the lot (link spotted at the rather good, pinned, Post Your Charts, above). Not your usual crackpot newsletter, it made Alphaville's ears pr1ck up and take notice as it was written by "Raoul Pal, who previously co-managed GLG’s London-based Global Macro Fund and before that worked at Goldman Sachs…"

http://av.r.ftdata.co.uk/files/2010/05/GMIcrash.pdf

Global Macro Analysis May 2010 newsletter just about tops the lot (link spotted at the rather good, pinned, Post Your Charts, above). Not your usual crackpot newsletter, it made Alphaville's ears pr1ck up and take notice as it was written by "Raoul Pal, who previously co-managed GLG’s London-based Global Macro Fund and before that worked at Goldman Sachs…"

http://av.r.ftdata.co.uk/files/2010/05/GMIcrash.pdf

Feck, he makes bears on here seem like bulls.

Thanks for posting... A bit of a surprise when you read the first world in it... shocking, interesting and, dare I say it - because I have simply had enough now, I hope he is right.

Just re-read it...

Double feck!

The next month will be interesting...

Don't you think the PTB will have seen this pattern and be actively trying to rinse those who have spotted it. :ph34r:

Put it this way, this chap has called a big crash happening in the next few weeks. By the end of June we will know whether he is a genius or something else?

How will we know if he fluked it or had genuine skill?

Most of the chaps that were correct over the last couple of years have since been found wanting.

I suppose those that get it right every time won't really be posting on HPC or letting their opinions be thrown around the net.

How we will we know if he fluked it or had genuine skill?

Most of the chaps that were correct over the last couple of years have since been found wanting.

I suppose those that get it right every time won't really be posting on HPC or letting their opinions be thrown around the net.

I think many of the great and good fluke it but no one figures it out. Was Columbus a great explorer or a boy who got lucky?

Anyhow, I am not concerned about this chap as an individual but interested in his biggest collapse in history kicking off in the next few weeks - could be 'fun'?

I think many of the great and good fluke it but no one figures it out. Was Columbus a great explorer or a boy who got lucky?

Anyhow, I am not concerned about this chap as an individual but interested in his biggest collapse in history kicking off in the next few weeks - could be 'fun'?

I'd best get my investments sorted..

A good three weeks hardcore in the gym is the best investment you can make if things are about to k/o.