House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dubai

Black Bloodbath

The correction, soon to be crash, is here: the market had a bigger relative open to close move today than it did on May 6. We closed at the day's lows on massive volume, despite definitive central bank intervention, regardless whether it was the SNB, the ECB, or the Fed. The central planners have lost control of the market, and all thanks to the inevitable collapse of hyper capitalist Keynesianism coming out of the formerly most communist country in the world. A day of ironies. And it's not over. Futures are already down another 4 handles. The correction is coming, and it will be a bloodbath. The Fed can not push rates lower. It will print. It is inevitable. It is our destiny. http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bloodbath

No idea what he's on about.... but it seems dire! :rolleyes:

no one can tell how bad will it get!

one thing is for sure its not that far.

Just a month ago people were saying I was out of my mind for saying the central banks will not raise rates anytime soon.

Just a month ago people were saying I was out of my mind for saying the central banks will not raise rates anytime soon.

You are out of your mind for saying the central banks...

I thought most on here agreed with this, but also said that the central rates were an irrelevance as the market sets the 10 year gilt yield and that will go up.

How much can YOU borrow at. not your BoE tracker, but TODAY, you need money...how much?

You are out of your mind for saying the central banks...

I thought most on here agreed with this, but also said that the central rates were an irrelevance as the market sets the 10 year gilt yield and that will go up.

Yes the central bank rate is the overnight rate. But on a variable your rate is tied to that overnight rate.

Yes the central bank rate is the overnight rate. But on a variable your rate is tied to that overnight rate.

If you're fortunate! I don't track the mortgage market but banks would be mad to still be lending based upon that rate given the observed decoupling over the last two years of base and LIBOR.

How much can YOU borrow at. not your BoE tracker, but TODAY, you need money...how much?

Probably ~2.75% with no options on the equity line.

Not really sure in all honesty though.

Edited by aa3

If you're fortunate! I don't track the mortgage market but banks would be mad to still be lending based upon that rate given the observed decoupling over the last two years of base and LIBOR.

When LIBOR went to like 2% they must have been hella scared.

Guest KingCharles1st

And now most emergency borrowings are based on LIAR projections too....

no i think they thought you were out of your mind for saying they will never raise rates again as long as humans remain on the planet, there is a subtle but distinct difference

Brace yourself for inflation nightmare.

We will need to find accounts paying over 8%, just to stand still, in the not too distant future.

Probably ~2.75% with no options on the equity line.

Not really sure in all honesty though.

speak English please.

no i think they thought you were out of your mind for saying they will never raise rates again as long as humans remain on the planet, there is a subtle but distinct difference

Fair enough.. I still think we've entered a whole new game. Like when the nations of the world went off the gold standard as that limitation could no longer accomadate the growth of credit required. Now we're off the base rate standard(modulating the overnight rate in order to constrain or encourage credit growth).. and now onto the QE standard.

Many of the things I look at say we may have had the stock market correction and that is now up for the next couple of months.

i cant see it moving for the next 50-10 years, it will be so finely balanced i think the Dow will be rangebound between 10187 and 10189 until at least 2020

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Fair enough.. I still think we've entered a whole new game. Like when the nations of the world went off the gold standard as that limitation could no longer accomadate the growth of credit required. Now we're off the base rate standard(modulating the overnight rate in order to constrain or encourage credit growth).. and now onto the QE standard.

how can a system that you are able to adjust infinitely the value of its units of trade, be unable to accomodate growth?

Guest absolutezero

Brace yourself for inflation nightmare.

We will need to find accounts paying over 8%, just to stand still, in the not too distant future.

You'll not find them.

how can a system that you are able to adjust infinitely the value of its units of trade, be unable to accomodate growth?

A gold standard is limited by the amount of gold out there.. even when it is reduced to 1% reserve requirement. Eventually the logical end is 0% gold requirement.

The standard from the 1930's-2008, was modulating the overnight lending rate. But that reaches its eventual end when even at 0% plus the bank costs people can never pay the loan back.. Loans of sufficient size to satisfy the credit/money needs of the nation that is.

A gold standard is limited by the amount of gold out there.. even when it is reduced to 1% reserve requirement. Eventually the logical end is 0% gold requirement.

The standard from the 1930's-2008, was modulating the overnight lending rate. But that reaches its eventual end when even at 0% plus the bank costs people can never pay the loan back.. Loans of sufficient size to satisfy the credit/money needs of the nation that is.

rubbish.

If today an oz of gold is worth a car, and you want to make 2 cars, you make the car worth .5oz.

its worth that because you have now lent the oz to 2 people.

If you want to make a million cars, you make the car worth 1 millionth of an oz.

rubbish.

If today an oz of gold is worth a car, and you want to make 2 cars, you make the car worth .5oz.

its worth that because you have now lent the oz to 2 people.

If you want to make a million cars, you make the car worth 1 millionth of an oz.

I wouldnt like it if you did that to my gold.

And if ive got lots of gold, i make the rules.

I wouldnt like it if you did that to my gold.

And if ive got lots of gold, i make the rules.

what, make your gold worth more?

There's a good argument for not earning enough to enter the higher tax bracket....

Precisley, good to see you are getting it now. Taxing more results in less.