House Price Crash Forum
Boom Boom

Employers Getting Cheekier

I don't really see the problem with this. If you don't want the job at the advertised rate, don't apply and move on to the next one.

I'm sure there will be people queueing up for the position. After all, £14k ! WOW - affords you the chance to appreciate the finer things in life, such as food, shelter and be a full and eager participant in our wonderful consumer society.

I'm sure there will be people queueing up for the position. After all, £14k ! WOW - affords you the chance to appreciate the finer things in life, such as food, shelter and be a full and eager participant in our wonderful consumer society.

You will need your tax credits to take that one, or live with your parents.

You will need your tax credits to take that one, or live with your parents.

Which nicely illustrates the absurdity of a system that forces up prices and regulates so heavily that the parasite has to subsidise its victims to keep itself alive.

Which nicely illustrates the absurdity of a system that forces up prices and regulates so heavily that the parasite has to subsidise its victims to keep itself alive.

Yes - it would be hilarious if it wern't true

I don't really see the problem with this. If you don't want the job at the advertised rate, don't apply and move on to the next one.

Yeah, ultimately given the times we are in, this is on the button. Get a job or stay on the dole.

I tend to take the view that i will take the right job irrespective of the money. Once I've proven my worth I can always ask for a rise. If it is rejected then i can move on.

Tough world.

Boom Boom why don't you try moving away from Liverpool if you want more money?

14K isn't a bad wage up north.

I haven't a clue what that gives after tax - £10k? £14k? £18k with credits?

£14k wouldn't get you far in Leeds, I'm clearing £7.2k a year on rent. If I didn't do shift work I'd probably go for a student bolt hole somewhere but £14k is not a decent wage up here when the average house is £150k.

£14k wouldn't get you far in Leeds, I'm clearing £7.2k a year on rent. If I didn't do shift work I'd probably go for a student bolt hole somewhere but £14k is not a decent wage up here when the average house is £150k.

I was on 14K a couple of years ago and I survived.

True. 14K is a bit of a struggle. Might get an extra £200 a month on patronising "you are a fuc king loser and need state help" benefits.

Might get an extra £200 a month on patronising "you are a fuc king loser and need state help" benefits.

Nope, wasn't entitled to a penny.

Edited by fellow

structured cabling.....it's not exactly an electrician is it. just dragging some cables about a building, being handy with some trunking and a bag of cable ties, and punching a lot of wires into the back of patch panel's in the right order.

Nope, wasn't entitled to a penny.

You may have been done by the previous year's earnings. All part of the wonderful world of patronising tax credits. Sorry about that. Still at least you can hold your head up that tiny bit higher. Maybe, perhaps, No, probably not. What can you do? F uck some woman you don't give a sh it about. Have 3 kids you don't give a s hit about. Live the (not so) good life. You made the mistake of being a single man, you silly silly boy. Shame on you.

structured cabling.....it's not exactly an electrician is it. just dragging some cables about a building, being handy with some trunking and a bag of cable ties, and punching a lot of wires into the back of patch panel's in the right order.

Yeah but Boom Boom should be payed more to allow him to live the lifestyle he is entitled to, no matter how easy the job may be.

Boom Boom why don't you try moving away from Liverpool if you want more money?

14K isn't a bad wage up north.

No, 14k is a joke, even in the North. Don't worry about me though, I earn at least 5 times that.

I am, and I earn a hell of a lot more too. I wouldn't even consider working for such derisory sum

Then what are you complaining about then? This might be a good job for someone. Unlikely, perhaps but it might be. If you are not personally affronted, but upset on behalf of others then why not let them speak for themselves?

No, 14k is a joke, even in the North. Don't worry about me though, I earn at least 5 times that.

Completely depends on your outgoings. I survive on less than that, but then my mortgage is £153 a month.

It's the going rate for the job.

It's a great job for someone in their early 20s with an NVQ in anything IT. If you're still living at home with your parents it'll pay for a 7 year old car with speed stripes and a couple of nights out on the lash. The smart ones will hop from this job into something with better prospects with the IT or telecoms company that outsources their "cable monkey" work to companies like these.