House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bes

850K Well Spent?

Some mad hatter is looking at dropping 150K short of a million on this!

http://forums.overcl....php?t=18147260

Frankly I am lost for words.

Wow - that's a lot of cash for that road!!

Weird coincidence; I lived half a mile up Hempstead Road from this place, and it's an awful location traffic-wise. Our next door neighbour's son was killed on his bike outside their drive, when he was 19 (so no kid that didn't know the rules, and still copped it,) and this location looks like it's right by the traffic lights on the Stratford Road interchange, so the traffic noise will be horrific.

The only possible "reason" it might be that much is that it's walkable to town - but who the hell wants to walk into Watford these days? It's awful...

I love the "Underground" sign on the PDF. The Metropolitan line station is a good 40 mins walk from there, if not more! Typical greedy, garden-grabbing, lying, slavebox-developing bastards....

B

Edited by buzzardo

I'm amazed that he is going to spend that much and clearly isn't happy with it - lack of parking, on a main road.

Why buy something you don't like now, let alone when you've lived there a few years? Plenty of houses for sale out there.

Buzzardo, good post. I used to work just round the corner from Hempstead Road.

This is the main road from Watford to the M25 Westbound, Heathrow etc, so anyone not familiar with the area can understand how busy it is.

On the positive side the area does have quite a few large expensive houses and is within easy walking distance to Watford Town centre.

Watford Metropolitan Line is, I suggest, only about a 20 minutes walk away via Cassiobury Park.

So is a 5 bedroom, detached, new build property within 30 minutes commuting to London - Watford Junction - worth £850,000?

To the seller.... absolutely! If someone is willing to pay this ridiculous amount of money then that is what the house is worth.

To the buyer....Stark raving mad! No garage, busy road, kids in the house. Noise, pollution, car parking, safety and above all the cost.

I often wonder how buyers so daft they will pay these absurd inflated prices had the ability to gather such wealth in the first place.

Funny, £850k for a house in Watford for f*cks sake...prices in the south east seem to have reached 2007 lunatic levels again, here in London I'm sure they've gone over that even, check this one, a one bad flat in NW1 for £600k: OK, its a nice looking one bed flat, and

its in a nice area but £600k! And its sold. I am simply at a loss where people get this sort of money from to buy this sort of property,

they obvioulsy live in a world from which the likes of me are well and truely excluded

£600k & ONE BED!!

I am simply at a loss where people get this sort of money from to buy this sort of property,

they obvioulsy live in a world from which the likes of me are well and truely excluded

It is all inherited money. I was reading an article today about David Cameron and George Osborne deciding whether to give up their £2.7m homes in Notting Hill to move into Downing Street. They clearly haven't earned anything like that sort of money from their careers, even though they do have wives with reasonably big pay packets.

If you have not had to earn it, it is much easier to spend it!

79 Hempstead Road Watford

Bought on 21/09/2007, for £680,000 Source

12 Planning applications in 3 years.

Planning finally given on 12/01/2010 It's not a house it's an the ultimate investment vehicle! Source

Reference	Record Type	Description	Click to view1	08/00459/FUL	Planning Application	Demolition of existing house and erection of two new 5 bed dwellings	View2	08/01053/FUL	Planning Application	Demolition of existing house and erection of two new 5 bed dwellings	View3	08/01054/FUL	Planning Application	Erection of a ground floor rear, first floor side extension and loft conversion involving a roof ext...	View4	09/00364/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 2 (materials) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/08/2088303 dated 9.4.09 relatin...	View5	09/00367/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 3 (window and door openings) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/08/2088303 dated ...	View6	09/00368/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 4 (refuse store, recycling and cycle storage) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/...	View7	09/00369/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 5 (landscaping) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/08/2088303 dated 9.4.09 rela...	View8	09/00370/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 6 (fencing) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/08/2088303 dated 9.4.09 relating ...	View9	09/00371/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 7 (boundary treatment) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/08/2088303 dated 9.4.0...	View10	09/00372/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 11 (surface water) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/08/2088303 dated 9.4.09 r...1	09/00373/DISCON	Planning Application	Discharge of Condition 12 (parking) of appeal decision APP/Y1945/A/08/2088303 dated 9.4.09 relatin...	View12	09/00917/FUL	Planning Application	Erection of two new 5 bed dwellings (amendment to original permission 08/01053/FUL)

Some mad hatter is looking at dropping 150K short of a million on this!

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18147260

Frankly I am lost for words.

I am truly shocked by this one having spent at least ten years living within a mile of this house...........this place looks like a typical in-fill, 'executive' nightmare and in the area was choked to death by traffic and over development years ago.

In any sane world worth around half as much or less.

I know Hempstead Road, there is absolutely no way I would live there. The parking situation and traffic will drive you mad. And what about the affect of the air pollution on your kids' health ?