House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the coming storm

Junior Apprentice/appentice On Tv

Well anyone been watching the junior apprentice? Much as I despise these type of people and feel a tinge of jealousy and hate at their total self confidence and delusional arrogance - the one thing I do enjoy about it is all the backstabbing and bitching in board room - its like all of a sudden their true personalities come out. I think it just sets young graduates out with the expectation thats its dog eat dog, and everyone is a backstabber.

One thing i can't help but pick a fault with the junior apprentice and apprentice - is that Alan Sugar while he was a good entrepreneur in his day - maybe 80s and up the early 90s, with most obvious example being the Amstrad PCs, the Sky boxes, and he had a business computers division - there has not been much in the way of entrepreneurial success since the 90s. The Amstrad emailier thing didn't do so well - and I can't really think of anything recently - although he has invested in property. Are the people who are on these shows actually aware of this?

Plus another point is the 100K Salary might sound like a lot to your average sheeple on the street - but if most of these people are so good as they believe they could easily earn this sort of salary, or a lot more in London. maybe if they increased the Salary.

Another point about the TV program is - I notice most of their job titles are hard to pin down to any specific skills, plus I haven't seen any of them that have any real world business success - I realise its an apprentice Show - but you would have though a few of would have done a bit better than being an estate agent or something. I suppose the idea is to encourage the average person.

I mean lets say if your were a Wanabee Richard Branson type - would you want to go an work for some company that seen its best days about 25 yrs ago.

what amazed me was the way the kids and the "adults" all act in the same way. just proves the £100K job could be done by a schoolkid.

wont be watching any more.

I'm enjoying the show, more than I expected to.

You can almost forget you're watching kids. They act just as the adults did.

Shows like this entertain by revealing the worst of human nature.

I'll be watching to the end.

I'm hoping the ending will feature Sr'Alan's thugs. Brought in to reveal lies on the CV etc.

"It says ere, Dwayne, that you was der Milk Monitor....my spy says you are too young.....ow do you explain that?"

... apart from asking Alan how his Woolworth`s shares are doing, you could always ask him about his Spanish Hotel.......

last year..

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_22492.shtml

this year..

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_26139.shtml

at this rate he will be back to flogging car ariels out of the back of his motor soon enough :D:D:D

FACT - never do business with someone with a beard!

;)

Nasty little sh!ts, I would been ashamed to have raised any one of them.

... apart from asking Alan how his Woolworth`s shares are doing, you could always ask him about his Spanish Hotel.......

last year..

http://www.typically...cle_22492.shtml

this year..

http://www.typically...cle_26139.shtml

at this rate he will be back to flogging car ariels out of the back of his motor soon enough :D:D:D

FACT - never do business with someone with a beard!

;)

from the first article...sounds familiar:

Aifos says they spent 40 million € on the hotel and refurbishments when they purchased it at the end of 2005. That money was loaned to them by the Bank of Scotland, but because Aifos failed to meet the payments the property was put up for auction, with a value quoted in the Official State Bulletin of 39.6 million €.

40 million euros on 100 rooms.....thats alot of return required.

then Sugar buys it for 3.million....another British bank swallows 37million capital losses, and the repayments missed....wonder if they have marked it down yet on the balance sheet.

Exploitation at its worst.

Anyone watching the ritual humiliation of adolescents for entertainment should go and take a long, hard look at themselves.