House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Holey Moley...... This Bullfighter Really Got What He Deserved

Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? If you don't want to get gored, don't torture bulls.

From the article:

It is not known what has happened to the bull.

Well I think we can take a wild guess…

Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? If you don't want to get gored, don't torture bulls.

From the article:

Well I think we can take a wild guess…

Bullfighting is one of the many unpleasant aspects of Spanish culture. I'm glad he got

gored, its what he deserves. Well done the bull!

I have to confess that I love bullfighting. It is like cricket with blood.

Nevertheless, I do acknowledge that the bull doesn't get a lot out of it, but then neither do we treat those gentle and intelligent animals, pigs, with the consideration they deserve.

Crazy. Theres a farm with some water buffalo near me - they seem the most gentle laid back animals you can imagine, eat grass right out of your hands.

Water buffalo and bulls are a little different in nature.

Ha ha!!

Brilliant. Did he die or what?!

He survived.

Sorry.

But apparently he found the whole thing a jaw dropping experience.

Pity it is never that evenly matched..what happened to the bull? same as always....its dead...

Guest KingCharles1st

YYYUUUURRRGGGGHH

My eyes :blink:

Wonder did that guy get legless after that?

Wonder did that guy get legless after that?

He tried, but apparently alcohol just goes straight through him.

Water buffalo and bulls are a little different in nature.

Cape Buffalo, on the other hand, are the meanest things in nature. A German colleague of mine (back in the days I was a biologist) threw himself into an African acacia bush to escape one. This might not sound so bad, until you understand that an acacia bush is about the only thing in Africa nasty enough to stop 2 tons of enraged beef. They were pulling 2 inch thorns out of him for weeks in hospital...but it was better than the other option.

They have thick skulls too. A friend's father who was brought up in Rhodesia used to hunt them. They used alternating hard and soft bullets in the rifle. The hard one to stop them with a head shot and the soft headed one to kill (I presume through the heart). On one occasion, the first hard bullet he shot, hit the animal in the horn, which enraged it. The next soft bullet splatted on the forehead, making no visible impact. The next hard missed. The next soft bullet flattened on the animals forehead. He got down to bullet 5 before the thing was stunned 10 yards from him. He never hunted buffalo again.