House Price Crash Forum

Well Done Blackpool

deflation

HOLA441

Bottom division to the Premiership in 9 years. In today's fantasy finances, it has to be applauded. First time in top division since 1971.

Not a fan, but biased since I had them at 21/10. On a double with Bayern Munich tonight. :P

If you've ever heard Ian Holloway's interviews, you'll know he will be entertaining next season.

HOLA442

Bottom division to the Premiership in 9 years. In today's fantasy finances, it has to be applauded. First time in top division since 1971.

Not a fan, but biased since I had them at 21/10. On a double with Bayern Munich tonight. :P

If you've ever heard Ian Holloway's interviews, you'll know he will be entertaining next season.

I'm sure Burnley were ecstatic this time last year too.

HOLA443
HOLA444

They probably still rather happy seeing as they didn't splash out the estimated £60mill they gained last year. With that kind of cash and parachute payments they sitting rather pretty financially.

In regard to Blackpool well done and enjoy the prem!! :)

HOLA445

They probably still rather happy seeing as they didn't splash out the estimated £60mill they gained last year. With that kind of cash and parachute payments they sitting rather pretty financially.

Really? So they didn't pay their players any wages?

HOLA446

Nigel Clough said one of the worst things to happen to Derby was promotion to the Prem - because of money they had to spend.

Have you seen the state of Blackpool's ground? Dear oh dear.

I for one am sorry Cardiff didn't win as yet again the entire south west part of Britain will have no representation in the Prem.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Nigel Clough said one of the worst things to happen to Derby was promotion to the Prem - because of money they had to spend.

Have you seen the state of Blackpool's ground? Dear oh dear.

I for one am sorry Cardiff didn't win as yet again the entire south west part of Britain will have no representation in the Prem.

My team (Yeovil) lost to Blackpool in the 2007 league 1 play-offs. I think Bristol City will be up there next season (not too sure about Cardiff, as they're saddled with crippling debt).. The SW certainly have the catchment area for a prem side.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

My team (Yeovil) lost to Blackpool in the 2007 league 1 play-offs. I think Bristol City will be up there next season (not too sure about Cardiff, as they're saddled with crippling debt).. The SW certainly have the catchment area for a prem side.

Paul Whitehouse to come out of retirement?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Cheery fella, ain't ya?

Fair play to Holloway; what an effin' achievement. Him and Barry Fry are what footie managers should be. Plus, another northern derby for Blackburn next season; hopefully their fans won't trash their own town-centre when we spank 'em.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I for one feel sorry for Notts Forest

Nine points more than Blackpool, finished 3 places above them and yet it's Blackpool in the Prem. Yes, I know it's how the playoffs work, but if you can't decide who the best teams are over 46 matches, what's the point of a league?

HOLA4420

Another Yeovilian? :D

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I for one feel sorry for Notts Forest

Nine points more than Blackpool, finished 3 places above them and yet it's Blackpool in the Prem. Yes, I know it's how the playoffs work, but if you can't decide who the best teams are over 46 matches, what's the point of a league?

Blackpool are the new Burnley.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Well done Blackpool. I am no fan of Holloway though, and I am from Bristol.

He's a buffoon.

When they start getting thumped week in week out next season the camaraderie will quickly evaporate and then we'll see what he's really made of. His management style might work in the lower divisions but not when they go up against the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sacked before Christmas.

Dave Jones has managed in the Premiership so he knows what fighting for survival there is all about. I suspect had Cardiff won yesterday they would have had a fighting chance of staying up. The Tangerines will fall from the Premiership faster than a suicidal stick of rock jumping from Blackpool Tower.

HOLA4425

Archived