House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

osbaldwick

Becks Off To Afghanistan

David Beckham embarked on a trip to Afghanistan on Friday to visit British troops that are stationed there.

The 35-year-old departed from RAF Brize in Oxfordshire and will make the surprise visit to 9,000 soldiers currently based in the Helmand province, reports BBC News.

"I have nothing but admiration for these young men and women and it makes me very proud to be British," he said.

"I've wanted to visit Afghanistan for a long time and I hope that in some small way it helps remind everyone at home what an amazing job they are doing out here in very difficult conditions. I feel very humble."

Quite an ambassador......

David Beckham embarked on a trip to Afghanistan on Friday to visit British troops that are stationed there.

The 35-year-old departed from RAF Brize in Oxfordshire and will make the surprise visit to 9,000 soldiers currently based in the Helmand province, reports BBC News.

"I have nothing but admiration for these young men and women and it makes me very proud to be British," he said.

"I've wanted to visit Afghanistan for a long time and I hope that in some small way it helps remind everyone at home what an amazing job they are doing out here in very difficult conditions. I feel very humble."

I bet he has. It's always been top of everyone's list. Benidorm, Ibiza, Kandahar...

He's not to bright, is out David...you missed out some more of his comment

"Ill be back home this afternoon with Victor and the boys as we a going to London Zoo"

I'm quite sure that the arrival of the Devine Scowl will, for Afghanistan, usher a new age of happiness; flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children dance and laugh and play with gumdrop smiles.

<_<

I find pictures like this a bit distasteful TBH.

A gun is a killing machine, not a toy. Support the troops by all means, but don't piss about while you're over there.

article-1280468-09B46BE5000005DC-89_634x428.jpg

A gun is a killing machine, not a toy. Support the troops by all means, but don't piss about while you're over there.

tosser...should have taken the lens cap off.

How is he pissing about visting a base and being photographed with a gun?

He's not to bright, is out David...you missed out some more of his comment

"Ill be back home this afternoon with Victor and the boys as we a going to London Zoo"

:lol::lol::lol:

How is he pissing about visting a base and being photographed with a gun?

If you can't see anything wrong with being photographed larking about with a machine designed to kill people, I can't help you.

If you can't see anything wrong with being photographed larking about with a machine designed to kill people, I can't help you.

It's a male thing. Get close to one of these and men get very excited. Brings back deep down hunter gatherer feelings IMO. Even this **** went the same way.

article-0-0202FE1600000578-912_468x562.jpg

It's a male thing. Get close to one of these and men get very excited. Brings back deep down hunter gatherer feelings IMO. Even this **** went the same way.

article-0-0202FE1600000578-912_468x562.jpg

He needed the flak jacket for protection against elderly bigots.

Browning 0.50.

Amazing that guns designed before World War 2 are still standard equipment in major armies.

Browning 0.50.

Amazing that guns designed before World War 2 are still standard equipment in major armies.

Modified variants of the WW2 German mg42 are also the basis for many a NATO standard 7.62mm machine gun.

It would be difficult for me to resist doing what Becks did though. Sitting there like a schoolkid going dut-dut-dut-dut-dut...(or whatever your imitation of a machine gun is).

The MG42 was almost a work of art, if you can use that word for such a brutal machine.

The Russians still use the DShK as well, which is also a pre-war design. It's fairly common to see Taliban with PPSh41's and Lee Enfields, so even they seem to be having extended lives.

The soldiers over there can decide what's appropriate behaviour and who they want to invite over. While in the base they will

show him round and joke and laugh all the while. David Beckham is not going to fight the Taliban, nor is he laughing about killing

people with a machine gun. He is visiting a base, talking to soldiers and helping brighten up a stressful job, next time you're

over there be sure to tell them your thoughts on having a laugh.

The soldiers over there can decide what's appropriate behaviour and who they want to invite over. While in the base they will

show him round and joke and laugh all the while. David Beckham is not going to fight the Taliban, nor is he laughing about killing

people with a machine gun. He is visiting a base, talking to soldiers and helping brighten up a stressful job, next time you're

bring them home.

using 50mm guns on peasants is discusting.

just so we can buy the heroin ourselves.

I bet his vagina got rather hot and sweaty in Afghanistan

I'll have to refer you back to my previous answer.

You know, he really, you know says 'you know' about 5 or 6 times every sentence. It's, you know, just a linguistic lubricant whilst he, you know, thinks what to say next, you know.

You know, he really, you know says 'you know' about 5 or 6 times every sentence. It's, you know, just a linguistic lubricant whilst he, you know, thinks what to say next, you know.

cool

Good on the bloke is my opinion - as an ex squaddie who often felt like the UK didn't know or care that we were fighting and killing on their behalf , anything that gets in the news and reminds people that the troops exist is fine by me - I'm a teeny bit green with envy tbh - all I got was Jim 'pissed twit' Davidson and parcels off my mam containing socks and melted mars bars.

Good on the bloke is my opinion - as an ex squaddie who often felt like the UK didn't know or care that we were fighting and killing on their behalf , anything that gets in the news and reminds people that the troops exist is fine by me - I'm a teeny bit green with envy tbh - all I got was Jim 'pissed twit' Davidson and parcels off my mam containing socks and melted mars bars.

our very own squaddie is playing cards in our garden.

not everyone gets to meet Bloo Loo. only the lucky few.

Guest X-QUORK

Jim Davidson? I want to a Stranglers gig in Bosnia...t'was the canine's cojones.

Guest Skinty

+1

The photo looks like he's laughing because he's playing with a gun but he is in a social context and conversing with the other soldiers who are obviously just showing him how to use the thing.

Someone's probably just made a comment about using it on the Argentinians at the next world cup ...